• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Makedoniki greek language and publicity

MAKEDONIKI GREEK LANGUAGE AND PUBLICITY
    RAINBOW is the political organization of the Macedonian ethnic minority living within the boundaries of the Greek state, and engaged in the country's domestic political scene

It is known that the postwar Greek state denies the existence of Macedonians particular language, such as the existence makedonikou nation. mention two features excerpts of Nick linguists. Andriotis (1906-1976) and G. Babiniotis. The first, in his book "The Land of Skopje and its language," he wrote in 1960 that according to the principles of linguistic science can not separate language called "the" Slavic dialect "(p. 12). And he repeats Babiniotis recently (1992) in the collective work "The language of Macedonia", that we are dealing with the emergence of a "voulgaroservikou idiom in a language" which "for political reasons arbitrarily named Macedonians" (p. 260). He even added that "language is characterized Macedonians as the Neoslaviki misleading, the newly minted ekservismeni built in the Bulgarian language labs of Skopje" (p. XVIII). These views spread massively Greek nationalist propaganda of the past through the press and FM. I copy insert the tribute of the "Daily" in Macedonia (01.19.1992): "Macedonians language, as an independent Slav language was unknown, was known as the Second World War. The language spoken by the Slav-speaking inhabitants of Macedonia was known as the Bulgarian vernacular form "(p. 19). The same supports and historian Nystazopoulou - Pelekidou, insert a tribute of "Afternoon" in Macedonia (11.20.1994) dialect when writing about the Bulgarian language "imposed war the Confederate democracy" from above, from state will and political expediency "after" apokatharthike "(p. 66). The modern reader who wishes to overthrow the government published official sources particularly in the census population of the Greek state, we find the following: In the inventories 1961,1971,1981,1991 no evidence of the mother tongue of the population. This is not accidental, but a political choice of the Greek political establishment, which wants to show no evidence of a Greece that speaks only Greek. Getting older, you will come across other native languages, the "Slavic", in apografes1951 and 1940 and "makedonoslaviki" in the census of 1928. Enough So in the census of 1920, the first normal after the incorporation of new provinces in the Greek state since the previous enumeration of the population by 1913 the Greek army, shows only the actual population (by gender) . So the census of December 19 contained in the individual questionnaire inventory card and a question on mother tongue: "What is your native language, ie what is the language spoken in the house you. If your native language is Greek, and Greek know? Yes or no. " (See M. Chouliaraki, "Geographical, administrative and upgradeable population of Greece," vol. C, 1976 p 363). The results of the census of 1920, published by the Statistical Office over the coming years, with exceptions for details all awards (up to the number of deaf people by sex and age), but discrimination against native language. I have argued in other texts in my past, that the Statistical Service in all censuses reduce the number of non-Greek-, in official of publications, apparently due to government orders. In the census of 1920, but was something grotesque. The Greek state, due to international commitments, apegrapse the mother tongue of the population, but dared not show the results for the new northern provinces, it would seem that the Greek language was a minority. He had even made ​​compulsory exchange of Christians-Muslims in Turkey, had not implemented the "voluntary" migration of the Convention of Neuilly. The Greek government has found a "solution" to the publication of detailed data on the geographical districts of Old Greece (mainland - Evia , Thessaly - Arta, Ionian Islands, Cyclades, Peloponnese) and banned the publication of five volumes that were new provinces and the presentation of summaries relating to the distinction of the population by language and religion Personally I sought, without success, anecdotal information about the census 1920 relating to the mother tongue, both in the Statistical Service, and the General State Archives. This information was, however, was looking elsewhere, specifically on page 182 (copy of which is reproduced here) of the volume: "Census population of Greece at December 19, 1920 - Results by Leonidas and sling, Athens 1929" and to the prefecture of Trikala. In this county, according to Greek state existed, except those who spoke Greek, Turkish, Koutsovlach, Spanish (Jews), Gypsies, Bulgarians, Serbs and 37 people who were native speakers of the dialect. Rather, Macedonians sought temporarily working in Thessaly (they are all men), of which slightly less than 1/8 knows the Greek (is bilingual). There are still 6 people literate, they do not know Greek, which means that they probably are going to start school. This important information, which passed unnoticed by historical research, proves that the Greek government accepted the existence of a particular MAKEDONIKIS language, different from the Bulgarian and of sevrikis and it seems most of the Greek Macedonia ignored. Once again, the official Greek documents overturn the systematic and long Greek propaganda. Dimitris carvers 3OPA 6 January 1995
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
  • damian
    Banned
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    MAKEDONIKI GREEK LANGUAGE AND PUBLICITY
    RAINBOW is the political organization of the Macedonian ethnic minority living within the boundaries of the Greek state, and engaged in the country's domestic political scene

It is known that the postwar Greek state denies the existence of Macedonians particular language, such as the existence makedonikou nation. mention two features excerpts of Nick linguists. Andriotis (1906-1976) and G. Babiniotis. The first, in his book "The Land of Skopje and its language," he wrote in 1960 that according to the principles of linguistic science can not separate language called "the" Slavic dialect "(p. 12). And he repeats Babiniotis recently (1992) in the collective work "The language of Macedonia", that we are dealing with the emergence of a "voulgaroservikou idiom in a language" which "for political reasons arbitrarily named Macedonians" (p. 260). He even added that "language is characterized Macedonians as the Neoslaviki misleading, the newly minted ekservismeni built in the Bulgarian language labs of Skopje" (p. XVIII). These views spread massively Greek nationalist propaganda of the past through the press and FM. I copy insert the tribute of the "Daily" in Macedonia (01.19.1992): "Macedonians language, as an independent Slav language was unknown, was known as the Second World War. The language spoken by the Slav-speaking inhabitants of Macedonia was known as the Bulgarian vernacular form "(p. 19). The same supports and historian Nystazopoulou - Pelekidou, insert a tribute of "Afternoon" in Macedonia (11.20.1994) dialect when writing about the Bulgarian language "imposed war the Confederate democracy" from above, from state will and political expediency "after" apokatharthike "(p. 66). The modern reader who wishes to overthrow the government published official sources particularly in the census population of the Greek state, we find the following: In the inventories 1961,1971,1981,1991 no evidence of the mother tongue of the population. This is not accidental, but a political choice of the Greek political establishment, which wants to show no evidence of a Greece that speaks only Greek. Getting older, you will come across other native languages, the "Slavic", in apografes1951 and 1940 and "makedonoslaviki" in the census of 1928. Enough So in the census of 1920, the first normal after the incorporation of new provinces in the Greek state since the previous enumeration of the population by 1913 the Greek army, shows only the actual population (by gender) . So the census of December 19 contained in the individual questionnaire inventory card and a question on mother tongue: "What is your native language, ie what is the language spoken in the house you. If your native language is Greek, and Greek know? Yes or no. " (See M. Chouliaraki, "Geographical, administrative and upgradeable population of Greece," vol. C, 1976 p 363). The results of the census of 1920, published by the Statistical Office over the coming years, with exceptions for details all awards (up to the number of deaf people by sex and age), but discrimination against native language. I have argued in other texts in my past, that the Statistical Service in all censuses reduce the number of non-Greek-, in official of publications, apparently due to government orders. In the census of 1920, but was something grotesque. The Greek state, due to international commitments, apegrapse the mother tongue of the population, but dared not show the results for the new northern provinces, it would seem that the Greek language was a minority. He had even made ​​compulsory exchange of Christians-Muslims in Turkey, had not implemented the "voluntary" migration of the Convention of Neuilly. The Greek government has found a "solution" to the publication of detailed data on the geographical districts of Old Greece (mainland - Evia , Thessaly - Arta, Ionian Islands, Cyclades, Peloponnese) and banned the publication of five volumes that were new provinces and the presentation of summaries relating to the distinction of the population by language and religion Personally I sought, without success, anecdotal information about the census 1920 relating to the mother tongue, both in the Statistical Service, and the General State Archives. This information was, however, was looking elsewhere, specifically on page 182 (copy of which is reproduced here) of the volume: "Census population of Greece at December 19, 1920 - Results by Leonidas and sling, Athens 1929" and to the prefecture of Trikala. In this county, according to Greek state existed, except those who spoke Greek, Turkish, Koutsovlach, Spanish (Jews), Gypsies, Bulgarians, Serbs and 37 people who were native speakers of the dialect. Rather, Macedonians sought temporarily working in Thessaly (they are all men), of which slightly less than 1/8 knows the Greek (is bilingual). There are still 6 people literate, they do not know Greek, which means that they probably are going to start school. This important information, which passed unnoticed by historical research, proves that the Greek government accepted the existence of a particular MAKEDONIKIS language, different from the Bulgarian and of sevrikis and it seems most of the Greek Macedonia ignored. Once again, the official Greek documents overturn the systematic and long Greek propaganda. Dimitris carvers 3OPA 6 January 1995
    George why do the Macedonian Muslims call themselves "Gorani" I always thought this was interesting.

Comment

• Perun
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by damian View Post
      George why do the Macedonian Muslims call themselves "Gorani" I always thought this was interesting.
      Gorani means Highlanders. Almost all of the villages they lived in during the Ottoman occupation were situated in the mountains.

But only in recent times did the term "Gorani" came to be applied exclusively for Muslims. In the past, the Gorani people were actually a mixture of Muslims and Christians who lived together in harmony, away from the tyranny of the Turkish soldiers. Many of them were and remained Macedonian Orthodox Christians.
      Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I think Perun beat me to it .There is alot of people living in the highlands.We used to be in the lowlands& have alocal hospital in the village.inoticed from time to time these highlanders arive some coming down with injuries by axes as they had been having dispute brother against brother.Sometimes they would come up with cadillacs because they got married or the fact that they made their fortunes overseas and come back in fancy cars..
        Last edited by George S.; 07-15-2012, 03:58 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
          Banned
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          I think Perun beat me to it .There is alot of people living in the highlands.We used to be in the lowlands& have alocal hospital in the village.inoticed from time to time these highlanders arive some coming down with injuries by axes as they had been having dispute brother against brother.Sometimes they would come up with cadillacs because they got married or the fact that they made their fortunes overseas and come back in fancy cars..
          Did they ever call themselves Macedonians?

Comment

Working...
          X