Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

MTO is separate from Maknews.com. UMD has great respect for the work of MTO, Maknews.com and other Macedonian websites and forums. UMD follows MTO and the great documents being brought to the attention of the members of MTO. UMD fully supports scholarly work.

UMD has started a topic and we would like to keep the topic to the topic. No need to go off topic.

We look forward to people's views on improving Macedonia's image. In our opinion, the work of MTO and members of MTO has definitely helped in improving Macedonia's image. The posting of these wonderful documents are excellent resources when trying to educate policymakers about Macedonia and the Macedonian cause.
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

Vangelovski,

I think you might be pushing too many angles against UMD that it could become destructive rather than constructive.

I really do not see the purpose of your second post. It seems almost spiteful.

First there are attacks on UMD with demands that it declares its policies in no uncertain or disputable terms, as well as the attacks on UMD for not representing the views of the Diaspora and its' membership and being out of touch with them.

That is all good and well, in fact it is needed, and I would hope UMD's leadership take that as constructive advice and criticism.

However, now that it seems that they might be listening and heeding the advice of what is a growing number of people, and now that it seems that they might be putting in a process to clarify and declare all that you, I and others ask of them, it seems you're coming at them again for doing that.

What is the end game? Is it not to help them become what we all need, or is it something else?

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Rogi, we play this game over and over again. People criticise UMD and they make some token gestures. However, in all this time, UMD has never explained Meto's name change comments or retracted its support for the Interim Accord and Framework Agreement. What makes you think it will do so this time?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

This thread has been noted by UMD and brought to the attention of the Board of Directors, thanks for the discussion.
          who are you again.

Comment

• Struja
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
            who are you again.
            super hero "Batman"...

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

homer simpson

Comment

• Warrior
                • Jan 2010

What a silly survey! First they go ahead and support all the way the negotitations as late as Dec,2009 and are not gain enough to say that they were wrong, but instead use forums as an excuse to change policies. Its simple just say we were wrong and you would like to address the past mistakes, that is how UMD will become stronger. Same thing on the other issues where there has been massive stuff up to alienate a sizeable portion of the Macedonian Diaspora in Oz.
                This is a typical American game, where the mistakes will be basically smudged or diverted from public view, so another policy can be created.
                This seems that in the past the UMD members and forum participants supportd the negotiations, hence UMD stance in the past and now the diaspora members view has changed and hence UMD position for future policies. Ridicolous leadership!!!!
                If things are not acknowledged from the past and new decisions are done based on surveys or polls, its becoming a flip flop organisation, without any substance.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Is UMD still trying to cobble together a 'strategy' about the name negotiations, man that's seriously fucked up, after almost two (2) fuckin' decades of senseless banter at the UN, UMD are still trying to determine an appropriate response...you people are totally useless.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

UMD - Big On Egos, Small On Substance

It seems UMD is more concerned with clogging up the Forum with dated youtube clips and useless 'polls', than it is to revisit the controversial statements made by Meto.

I didn't notice the UMD 'poll' over at the Maknews Forum...or half the other shit thats been posted here...

Meto you play a very childish game...

All that we want is a clear UMD name strategy that doesn't compromise our identity...

Many people want to know why you entertained name change previously

Most people want UMD to officially denounce the interim accord and framework agreement

Tone down your shameless American arse kissing, what you choose to do in private has no place in the public arena

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

No decent or honest Macedonian would like to see its name and identity changed. Even with all the sell outs in Macedonian politics these days they still wouldn’t even make up a single percent in the “continue with the talks” camp from the Macedonian people.

What a totally idiotic poll

I wonder wich person on this forum will be stupid enough to vote with the continued name talks and brave enough to face the rest of the macedonian people who DONT want a name change.

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

The gov should terminate talks and the diaspora should support the gov. Not otherwise. As for the UMD or any other Diaspora org, they should all stand for one thing only, Macedonia.

Comment

• Jankovska
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
                          well, i dont know about the city but hit up ohrid in late july/early august and you're two thirds of the way there LOL

bill, i have been woooorkiiiiiiiing, i hate working. i need to win lotto and become a bludger. i keep getting promoted and having to put more hours in. sux ass.

my mum is from prilep and i have to say 50/50 on the crazy factor. i do agree that skopjani are fairly tame compared to bitolcani. they have no swagger, no game.
                          Yep Ohrigani are like non Macedonians. I don't like them and because of Ohrigani and the way the behave I don't go to Ohrid.
                          So this article is about places to visit in 2010, right? Who chooses them? How is it done? Because I don't see how a tourist would like to visit a place that is expensive, hard to pre book and you have to change at least two airplines to get there? I mean Australia has a direct line. I don't I am again the pessimist here ruining another good article but I think the more people address these issues the better of Macedonia will be.

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                            Well...Ivanov seems to think there is popular support in macedonia for your troops in afghanistan. Just hope they take part in non combatative role in that black hole of a country.
                            Who did he ask? He didn't ask me or most people I know who are against it. So he must be talking na grav

Comment

• Jankovska
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                              What connections? We see that UMD asked MPO to help collect census data, do you really see any connection between UMD and a pro-Bulgarian agenda?

Is applauding troop deployments considered pro-USA agenda? or is it considered an acknowledgment of a beneficial policy for Macedonia?

The actions of UMD are aligned with the Diaspora, or at least the ones who have made an effort to work with UMD, to help develop UMD, to support UMD. What we are arguing about is wording in a newsletter.

Risto, have you ever had the pleasure of disagreeing with Vangelovski? You can only really know a person when you have seen them at their worst, and all I can say is when he is asked to provide proof of his accusations against UMD he avoids doing so. When I asked him 2 days ago to explain to us the "secret" agenda's of UMD he could not do so.

Either he does not have proof, or maybe there are snipers posted on his street waiting to take him out if he discloses such vital information.
                              If they this it should be done and we should send Macedonians to Afganistan to die why don't they go? Why send our brothers or cousins who went into the Army to defend their country not go and take lifes of innocent people. The war in Afganistan is wrong and agains all human laws and illegal. Why would I want Macedonia or Macedonian brave soldiers to be invloved in something like this? Ni go crni imeto.

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                                That video's title shows its in Melbourne - I'm not from Melbourne.

You seem to be running the same argument as Buktop re parliamentarians voting for the ventilator. Have a good think about it and ask yourself as to whether these parliamentarians even had any authority to even vote on something that was demanded by a foreign government. Think about what a constitution is and how it relates to the government. Think about where the government's authority comes from and to what extent it is legitimate for a government to act beyond the authority expressly provided to it.
                                So what if you aren't from Melbourne, you are from Australia. You have a say in the event's that take place in your country. Is Melbourne a separate country? Why did you not participate in the events portrayed in the video? Did you not care that Australian Macedonians were flying the "ventilator"?

In a republican government who votes for Parliamentarians? Why do they vote for Parliamentarians? What is the Parliament for? Come on now Vangelovski don't play dumb.
                                Last edited by Buktop; 01-11-2010, 05:07 AM.
                                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X