• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Absolutely.
    And of particular amazement to me is the mother of a friend of mine. He is pure Greek ... his mother comes from Northern Greece (near Salonika), his father from ... ... Constantinople. Well, his Mother used to speak "that language" as a child ... got shipped out to Czech Republic and then came back a pure Greek.

Go figure.
    While in Hungary, my mother was taught Greek and Hungarian. The children spoke Macedonian amongst themselves. By the time she was reunited with her family, she spoke nearly no Macedonian.
    Last edited by El Bre; 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
      While in Hungary, my mother was taught Greek and Hungarian. The children spoke Macedonian amongst themselves. By the time she was reunited with her family, she spoke nearly no Macedonian.
      So just imagine if her family decided to adopt the Greek mentality after a thorough "ethnocide" in Greece. Your Mother would have been 100% Greek now and none would be the wiser.

Many of our antagonists are the product of these machinations.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fatso
        • Sep 2008

A bulk of these children were Macedonian , but there was also a Greek contingent.

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          So just imagine if her family decided to adopt the Greek mentality after a thorough "ethnocide" in Greece. Your Mother would have been 100% Greek now and none would be the wiser.

Many of our antagonists are the product of these machinations.
          Your absolutely right RtG. Thankfully, my mother came home to a family who were what they had always been...Macedonian.

As far as her being abducted by any faction, I can say unequivocally that she was not. She was sent away by her mother in order to spare her from the horrors of war along with nearly 200 other children of the same village.

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fatso View Post
            A bulk of these children were Macedonian , but there was also a Greek contingent.
            The strange thing is, i've known begaltsi my whole life and the only people who speak of abduction is the Greek contingent. Why do you think that is?

And another question, why are they called detsa begaltsi and not detsa utkradeni?
            Last edited by El Bre; 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

its true a few children were taken without the consent of their parents. it is also true that in the many eastern european centres all the children were subjected to a heavy greek propaganda via the greek communist party. i personally know a few of these "manufactured" greeks.

the point now is not about what happened but how hellas has responded to it. and the refusal of greece to allow many of these people back inot greece unless they declare they are greek, is yet more proof about how fascist modern greek mentality and greek governmeet policy towrad the macedonians has become.

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

That's right Osiris.

There is no doubt that in Greece's short modern history there has been a massive displacement of people, between natives and new arrivals.

The native Macedonians are a part of that, and the Greek Government needs to deal with it honestly, and fairly.

It needs to come to terms with its past.

Comment

• Makedonia
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                  its true a few children were taken without the consent of their parents. it is also true that in the many eastern european centres all the children were subjected to a heavy greek propaganda via the greek communist party. i personally know a few of these "manufactured" greeks.

the point now is not about what happened but how hellas has responded to it. and the refusal of greece to allow many of these people back inot greece unless they declare they are greek, is yet more proof about how fascist modern greek mentality and greek governmeet policy towrad the macedonians has become.
                  You have to understand the Greek state has certain obligations and responsibilities which it must maintain as a member of international organisations.

With the current view that its northern neighbour is harbouring irredentist ambitions etc, Greece is acting as a responsible EU / Nato country to maintain its homeland security, no matter how difficult this may seem to the outside observer.

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonia View Post
                    You have to understand the Greek state has certain obligations and responsibilities which it must maintain as a member of international organisations.

With the current view that its northern neighbour is harbouring irredentist ambitions etc, Greece is acting as a responsible EU / Nato country to maintain its homeland security, no matter how difficult this may seem to the outside observer.
                    Homeland security? And how exactly is Greece doing this?By claiming that a country of 2 mil people will actually attack Greece or by refusing basic human rights to it's minorities because if they are allowed than Greece would not be Greece. But Greece can not hide forever, we exist, we are here and we will be heard wheither you like or not.

Comment

• Makedonia
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                      Homeland security? And how exactly is Greece doing this?By claiming that a country of 2 mil people will actually attack Greece or by refusing basic human rights to it's minorities because if they are allowed than Greece would not be Greece. But Greece can not hide forever, we exist, we are here and we will be heard wheither you like or not.
                      Greece is doing what the EU and Nato expects it to do.

You are barking at the wrong tree.

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Greece is doing what the EU and Nato expects it to do.

You are barking at the wrong tree.
                        You are so full of shit it's actually sad. What Greece is doing is against every human law in the world, not EU or NATO, the whole world.

Comment

• fatso
                          • Sep 2008

I don't think Greece is the only country taking this approach.

Comment

• Makedonia
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                            You are so full of shit it's actually sad. What Greece is doing is against every human law in the world, not EU or NATO, the whole world.
                            Stop playing the victim. No one is buying.

Comment

• malenka
                              • Sep 2008

Does anyone else feel like a vomo coming up?

Comment

• Jankovska
                                • Sep 2008

Stop playing the victim. No one is buying.
                                I am in no way playing the victim, you did what you did, you killed, raped, tortured and we still exist. You are the cry babies in the whole situation not us, we have a name and a national pride we don't have brainwahsed stupid creatures like you runing around 'teaching' everyone of their Greekness. It's pathetic, I don't need to explain myself to you

I am Macedonian and you are a wanna be.

Comment

Working...
                                X