X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Breaking news: From tonight Albanian is an official language in Macedonia

Breaking now across multiple news outlets: Albanian is now an official language.

The law of languages, which Ivanov refused to approve, is now law and published by Talat Xhaferi earlier. Bujar Osmani talked about it tonight on TV21 - this law was adopted by the parliament on January 11, 2018.
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

So, are we now officially known as the Albanian-speaking Bulgarians of North Macedonia?

Comment

• Pelagonija
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      So, are we now officially known as the Albanian-speaking Bulgarians of North Macedonia?
      Vic let it go bro.. The Bulgarians have got nothing to do with the insanity that is NMK..

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Those North Macedonians really are a funny lot.
        The French riot over their baguette prices and the NMKD mob just sit there and take it.
        They are the first whores in history to take all of this and not get paid for it, ever.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Those North Macedonians really are a funny lot.
          The French riot over their baguette prices and the NMKD mob just sit there and take it.
          They are the first whores in history to take all of this and not get paid for it, ever.
          In fact, I think they're paying to take it aren't they?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

Shocking it took people 3 days to notice.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              Constitutionally, Albanian has been a second official language since 2001. They've only just gotten around to lodging the paper work. But given that Acts of Parliament are subordinate to the constitution, its really nothing more than a public relations stunt for the Albanians.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

It just happened today in 2019. You must be looking at the January 11, 2018 bit.

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Constitutionally, Albanian has been a second official language since 2001. They've only just gotten around to lodging the paper work. But given that Acts of Parliament are subordinate to the constitution, its really nothing more than a public relations stunt for the Albanians.
                  Be that guy for a minute and correct me if I am wrong. I thought that since 2001 because of the OFA that Albanian was official in municipalities where they are over 20%. I thought the the so called languages law recently floated would make it official across the entire country, regardless of demographics.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    It just happened today in 2019. You must be looking at the January 11, 2018 bit.
                    aha, got it.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Be that guy for a minute and correct me if I am wrong. I thought that since 2001 because of the OFA that Albanian was official in municipalities where they are over 20%. I thought the the so called languages law recently floated would make it official across the entire country, regardless of demographics.
                      It works at two levels - nationally and locally. Local governments (municipalities or counties if that makes more sense) only have to use Albanian if Albanians make up 20 per cent of the local population. But nationally, Albanian is also a second official language. So the national government has to (and does) produce all documents and communications in Albanian, such as passports etc, uses Albanian in parliament and so on. I think there was exceptions - foreign diplomacy (but Albanians diplomats rarely use Macedonian from what I've heard) and the military - where Albanian did not have to be used.

However, the constitution makes it clear that local governments can decide to use Albanian or any other language even if that particular community constitutes less than 20 per cent, and there are a number of municipalities that do.

Technically, this law will force all local governments to use Albanian. But its not unconstitutional as the constitution already allows for it.

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        It works at two levels - nationally and locally. Local governments (municipalities or counties if that makes more sense) only have to use Albanian if Albanians make up 20 per cent of the local population. But nationally, Albanian is also a second official language. So the national government has to (and does) produce all documents and communications in Albanian, such as passports etc, uses Albanian in parliament and so on. I think there was exceptions - foreign diplomacy (but Albanians diplomats rarely use Macedonian from what I've heard) and the military - where Albanian did not have to be used.

However, the constitution makes it clear that local governments can decide to use Albanian or any other language even if that particular community constitutes less than 20 per cent, and there are a number of municipalities that do.

Technically, this law will force all local governments to use Albanian. But its not unconstitutional as the constitution already allows for it.
                        Makes sense thank you. So the only slight difference now is that local governments will be forced to use Albanian if they have't been already. But most correspondence and government related matters are already conducted in Albanian anyway.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                          • Mar 2017

Makes sense thank you. So the only slight difference now is that local governments will be forced to use Albanian if they have't been already. But most correspondence and government related matters are already conducted in Albanian anyway.
                          Gocka there is more to it..

Look at Ohrid with let’s say an Albanian population of 5-10 percent. Now instead of those kids going to Struga, the local government will have to bring in Albanian teachers and administrators into Ohrid. More jobs for Albanians and less for northerners. Where will they get these Albanians from? Tetovo? Kosovo? Albania.. what will the Turks choose? The torbeshi as a language? Gradually the demographic make up will change..

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

Џафери го потпиша Законот за јазиците, од утре собраниските седници ќе може да се водат на албански јазик

URL:

Талат Џафери, претседателот на Собранието вечерва на својот официјален профил на Фејсбук објави дека Законот за употреба на јазиците е потпишан од негова страна и објавен во „Службен весник".

Ова значи дека од утре покрај македонскиот во институциите службен јазик станува и албанскиот јазик. И албанскиот јазик ќе се применува во комуникацијата, употребата и примената во сите постапки на граѓаните пред сите органи што ја сочинуваат државната власт. Законот ги обврзува судовите, јавните обвинителства, како и сите други органи, тела и други институции да овозможат користење, употреба и примена на кој било од службените јазици и нивните писма во своите постапки. Во Собранието сите законски и други акти ќе се објавуваат на македонски и на албански јазик, исто како и владините одлуки.

Законот за јазиците беше донесен лани на 11 јануари.

Претседателот на државата Ѓорге Иванов одби да го потпише овој закон. Иванов одби да го потпише законот иако беше донесен по вторпат на 14 март 2018. Талат Џафери досега неколку пати изјави дека Законот за употреба на јазиците ќе излезе во „Службен весник“ со негов потпис. Според Џафери, претседателот Ѓорге Иванов го прекршил Уставот со одбивањето да го потпише указот за Законот.

Двојазичност ќе има и на униформите на државните службеници во Скопје и во другите градови каде Албанците се присутни со повеќе од 20 отсто од населението.

На граничните премини на Република Македонија и аеродромите што се наоѓаат на подрачјата каде што најмалку 20 отсто од граѓаните зборуваат јазик различен од македонскиот јазик, називите на институциите, другите натписи и патокази се пишуваат на македонски јазик и неговото кирилско писмо, како и на јазикот што го зборуваат најмалку 20 отсто од граѓаните и неговото писмо.

Сите органи на државната власт ќе имаат двојазични интернет страници. Новиот закон ја обврзува државата да формира агенција за примена на јазикот што го зборуваат 20 отсто од граѓаните. Во ова ново државно тело ќе се вработат овластени судски преведувачи, лингвисти и дипломирани филолози по албански јазик, како и лиценцирани лектори. Освен агенција, ќе се формира и инспекторат за употреба на јазиците.

Во вечерашното издание на дебатниот магазин Клик плус на ТВ21, вицепремиерот Бујар Османи изјави дека од утре спикерот Талат Џафери седниците кои се одржуваат во Собранието може да ги води на албански јазик.

Од ВМРО-ДПМНЕ досега неколку пати изјавуваа дека претседателот на Собранието и директорот на Службен весник ќе направат кривично дело ако ги објават законите за употреба на јазиците и за договорот за името само со потпис на претседателот на Собранието. Ова кривично дело не застарува, смета опозицијата.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

But most correspondence and government related matters are already conducted in Albanian anyway.
                              From the national government - yes. And from local governments that have already made Albanian official at the local level. I noticed the reporting provided by Carlin - the news report makes it out as if all this is new. Its not. Its been constitutional law and practice for nearly 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X