Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Back to the top. Does anyone from UMD want to comment on this one? Using scaremongering to defend the FYROM terminology?
    Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-07-2010, 06:37 PM.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Thanks for the run down and quotes SoM. It appears we have yet another UMD endorsement of "Democratic Republic of Macedonia". I think by the time Meto's travelling circus is over, we'll have a few more.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Maslinka, welcome.
        You made some very controversial statements in relation to the Rann/UMD matter that I can't support. I am of the understanding that a pitiful Government Grant was up for grabs and our silly little community in Adelaide was awaiting the outcome of that before expressing their disgust. The grant never apparently eventuated and the timing of an appropriate response was spectacularly deficient.

This is my understanding of the matter and a clear expression of my disgust in the direction it more appropriately should be focused. Further, the fact that Meto was in Adelaide at the time the issue escalated was nothing more than an excellent opportunity to amplify the significance of this matter. I have no problem with the UMD expressing their discontent. I have many more problems with the Adelaide community wasting their time on a matter of such significance.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Maslinka
          Welcome to the MTO!
          It's easy to see have you have come up with those conclusions, particularly if you have been following some of the threads.
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

Didn't this clown Rann just get exposed for having an affair behind his wfe's back? We should exploit him once again...
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I have far more concerns about what Rann does with his mouth than other parts of his body!
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

I'm interested in hearing more about this confidential meeting with the Multicultural Affairs Minister that Meto flew in from Washington for.
                Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

There definitely should have been a reference to AMHRC's formal action against Rann on this matter, to add strength to argument.

Reading it though, stand back for a moment and as a Diaspora it does seem like a solid image we're presenting, having people fly in from Washington and having formal legal action, as a diaspora I think we are really raising the bar in terms of the image we project - and in terms of being listened to or ignored, your image wieghd heavily.

Take some of the positives, we've become too accustomed to the problems within and jumping right on them.

Comment

• maslinka
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Maslinka, welcome.
                    You made some very controversial statements in relation to the Rann/UMD matter that I can't support. I am of the understanding that a pitiful Government Grant was up for grabs and our silly little community in Adelaide was awaiting the outcome of that before expressing their disgust. The grant never apparently eventuated and the timing of an appropriate response was spectacularly deficient.

This is my understanding of the matter and a clear expression of my disgust in the direction it more appropriately should be focused. Further, the fact that Meto was in Adelaide at the time the issue escalated was nothing more than an excellent opportunity to amplify the significance of this matter. I have no problem with the UMD expressing their discontent. I have many more problems with the Adelaide community wasting their time on a matter of such significance.
                    RtG, I'm calling it how it appears to be from someone sitting on the outside. OK, so it wasn't manufactured by UMD. I'm happy to take that back and apologise for my misconception, but nonetheless the article only mentions UMD and their demand for an 'unconditional apology' as a result of being 'slandered'. So UMD what are YOU as a Washington DC based organisation going to do about?? Our community has been slandered. What will be your action???? Will you hold Rann accountable??

UMD, you clearly are using Australian funds to bank roll your activities. Is holding Premier Rann one of those activities?? Are you going to re-invest those funds back into the Australian community by holding Rann accountable?

Comment

• maslinka
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                      There definitely should have been a reference to AMHRC's formal action against Rann on this matter, to add strength to argument.

Reading it though, stand back for a moment and as a Diaspora it does seem like a solid image we're presenting, having people fly in from Washington and having formal legal action, as a diaspora I think we are really raising the bar in terms of the image we project - and in terms of being listened to or ignored, your image wieghd heavily.

Take some of the positives, we've become too accustomed to the problems within and jumping right on them.
                      Rogi, solid yes, but toothless. Just words. If UMD had made reference to AMHRC's action, that it was collaborating with AMHRC, this would have been the strongest message we could have sent as a community.

How disappointing!! I can tell you that the chances of getting the article syndicated would have been much better had there been statements about AMHRC'S proposed action.

I'm going to join the AMHRC. They deserve support for their action.

Comment

• MP_MK
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

This is simply one article.

Just the very begining.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

I agree maslinka, that you should join AMHRC and support them!
                          So should everyone else

Comment

• maslinka
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                            I agree maslinka, that you should join AMHRC and support them!
                            So should everyone else
                            Will do when the next paycheck comes in.
                            Looking at their website though, its not very flash!
                            AMHRC - what's going on with your website?

Comment

• maslinka
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                              This is simply one article.

Just the very begining.
                              Some constructive criticism for you MP_MK:

Given that you have what appears to be indepth knowledge (designing?) the media campaign, for future article, media statements, TV spots etc, might it be the strongest foot forward for the community if the AMHRC and UMD's efforts are represented together and that UMD are not solely thrust into the limelight.....to be fair, isn't it in all of our interests that AMHRC are presented at least equally with UMD as an NGO in Australia doing something about this, not just UMD as a Washington based organisation.

I have to say that AMHRC's omission was a pretty basic mistake and apparent to all. Don't get me wrong, I think the 'international' angle is good, but the picture is not complete. Lets face it, it will be left to the AMHRC (not UMD) to try to hold Rann accountable - they need the financial support for activities that affect our community and hence the exposure.

MP_MP - I look forward to the fruits of your labour over the next little while. It will be nice to see this issue brought to the attention of responsible media. Can you let us know in advance of when we can expect things to come out?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              THE COMMUNITY SHOULD BE MADE AWARE THAT THE AMHRC FUNDED BY ITS MEMBERS, WILL FIGHT THIS. THEY NEED THE MONEY.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Welcome to the MTO Maslinka, I agree with several of your assertions and sentiments. The UMD won't mention the AMHRC in such an article at such a time, lest Meto loses some 'shine'. I have come to accept nothing from those that are incapable of properly admitting to their flaws.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X