View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 09:00 AM   #155
Karposh

Karposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
As this team is based in Australia rather than Macedonia, one could reasonably assume that they are free from treasonous impositions. One would think. The lion logo on the website and the lion/sun symbols on their team shirts certainly suggest as much. Yet, they have a ventilator-clad Uncle Sam image on their website and the below gem from their "meet the team" description:

The idea of a Macedonian rugby team is a good initiative, but why on earth would they use such a treasonous description for the country? Why the unnecessary contradictions? I wonder who among their "team" is responsible for the content on the website.
Yeah, I checked out their website too and some YouTube videos of them as well. I have to say, I'm loving those jerseys with the Macedonian sun on one side and the lion on the other. I especially love those black T-shirts with the same symbols. I think what's going on is that this team was put together by a bunch of mates (Rugby League enthusiasts) from Sydney, Wollongong & Newcastle whose hearts are in the right place but, unfortunately, are a little ignorant about certain things that matter when representing Macedonia and Macedonians. I feel like they need to be advised about these things and I'm surprised why no one has picked up on these things you just mentioned. The use of the ventilator (in any form or combination) or volunteering the prefix "North" to Macedonia is unacceptable in this country. The Prespa Agreement does not apply here. People need to realise this. Just as an example, my sister recently called to ask me whether to enter my niece in a beauty pageant under the name "North" Macedonia to which I replied, without trying to lecture her too much, that my niece is representing the Macedonian community in this country and not just the Republic of Macedonia so the only appropriate name under which she should enter the competition is MACEDONIA. She agreed with me and thanked me for the advice. After all, Macedonians in Australia have origins from the whole of the Macedonian homeland and not just "North" Macedonia.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote