• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Statitsa View Post
    Hahaha!!!

I felt like after about three years, I just had to say something...
    I gotta admit that it was giving me the shits all this time...each to his own I guess...I always thought it was some random American shit...🤪

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

All of you can kiss my American ASS!

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

When a message is replied to in e-mail, Internet forums, or Usenet, the original can often be included, or “quoted,” in a variety of different posting styles.

The main options are interleaved posting (also called inline replying, in which the different parts of the reply follow the relevant parts of the original post), bottom-posting (in which the reply follows the quote) or top-posting (in which the reply precedes the quoted original message). For each of those options, there is also the issue of whether trimming of the original text is allowed, required, or preferred.

For a long time the traditional style was to post the answer below as much of the quoted original as was necessary to understand the reply (bottom or inline). Many years later, when email became widespread in business communication, it became a widespread practice to reply above the entire original and leave it (supposedly untouched) below the reply.
        You Australians are just behind the times that's all.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
          You Australians are just behind the times that's all.
          ...what is this "email" you speak of...???

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            ...what is this "email" you speak of...???
            lol, honestly it was probably just a habit from years of working in an office and writing lots of emails. I never really thought about it, my first instinct was to just reply above the quote like I would in an email.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Better Chicko Risto? We would't want you getting worked up, its bad for an aging heart. Let me know if I should use bigger text as well
              Much better na chicko. Bigger text isn't necessary unless you're spelling something out to Albo or some Greek.

Originally posted by Gocka
              All of you can kiss my American ASS!
              It is ARSE.

Word Origin and History for arse
              n.
              "buttocks," Old English ærs "tail, rump," from Proto-Germanic *arsoz (cf. Old Saxon, Old High German, Old Norse ars , Middle Dutch ærs , German Arsch "buttock"), cognate with Greek orros "tail, rump, base of the spine," Hittite arrash , Armenian or "buttock," Old Irish err "tail." Middle English had arse-winning "money obtained by prostitution" (late 14c.).

Originally posted by Phoenix
              I gotta admit that it was giving me the shits all this time...each to his own I guess...I always thought it was some random American shit...🤪
              I don't think there has ever been a time when I read one of his replies and instantly understand who he is talking to.

Nevertheless, it adds to the rich patina of diversity we have here. A bit like having a "slow" relative.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                ...I don't think there has ever been a time when I read one of his replies and instantly understand who he is talking to.

Nevertheless, it adds to the rich patina of diversity we have here. A bit like having a "slow" relative.
                Go easy on him chich...I like Gocka in a "special" kind of way...

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Lol I'll show you guys who's slow! Bunch of old farts.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Lol I'll show you guys who's slow! Bunch of old farts.
                    Gocka, Risto isn't as old as he looks...he may be more macrame than MMA these days but his wisdom is developing nicely...

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Gocka, Risto isn't as old as he looks...he may be more macrame than MMA these days but his wisdom is developing nicely...
                      I kid of course. I hold the old wolf in the highest regard. Definitely someone to look up to. Wish I could say the same for you Haha budala edna.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Gocka, Risto isn't as old as he looks...
                        I am indeed as old as I look.
                        Thank goodness I am still drop dead gorgeous.

Originally posted by Gocka
                        Wish I could say the same for you Haha budala edna.
                        You just can't trust those Amerikantsi lol!!!
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

Fitch gives North Macedonia first rating upgrade in 13 years

URL:

June 16, 2019

Fitch Ratings upgraded North Macedonia's long-term foreign and local-currency ratings (IDRs) to 'BB+' from 'BB' with stable outlook on June 14.

This is the first time in 13 years that Fitch has upgraded the rating of the country, known as Macedonia until it was renamed North Macedonia under the name deal with Greece in order to solve the long-standing dispute between the two neighbours.

Fitch praised improved governance standards and reforms in the country saying that this provides greater reassurance that North Macedonia “will not revert to the political paralysis of 2014-2017.”

This "facilitated further progress towards Nato membership and the opening of EU accession negotiations, which support investor confidence and act as policy anchors for sustained reform and macroeconomic stability,” Fitch said.

Fitch forecasts that North Macedonia’s GDP growth will accelerate to 3.4% in 2019 and 3.6% in 2020, from 2.7% in 2018 and just 0.2% in 2017.

The country's central bank expects GDP growth of 3.5% this year.

The country’s gross general government debt is expected to increase 2.0pp in 2019 to 42.5%, before falling to 42.2% in 2020, close to the 'BB' median of 42.5%.

Fitch foresees that general government gap will widen to 2.4% of GDP in 2019 and 2.2% in 2020, driven by higher expenditure as well as arrears clearance this year.

In 2018, general government deficit narrowed by 1.7pp in 2018 to 1.1% of GDP on the back of a large under-execution of public investment projects, 9.4% tax revenue growth, and improved local government balances.

“The improved credit rating will have a positive impact on investing decisions in the country, which will further result in higher economic growth, increased exports, more jobs and higher salaries,” North Macedonia’s Finance Minister Dragan Tevdovski commented on the improved rating.

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

When your economy is in the gutter and your working off of third world standards, 3.5% GDP growth is hardly good. That rate of growth is not even that good for a developed economy like the USA.

I don't think that's even enough to keep up with price increase which have been growing at a steady clip for years now. Every time I go back and visit, every year or two, the price are up 10% from previously.

Besides GDP growth means very little if you don't have wage growth. As far as I can tell wages are still among the bottom 3 in all of Europe.

I also don't see how Macedonia can be considered more stable especially financially. What about all the cost to be incurred because of the name change? What about all the proposed social spending? A decreasing tax base and labor force due to emigration?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

It's just an excuse to wrap the country up in a warm blanket of new debt.
                              I hope they are all hanging on to their napolioni ... it will be an interesting ride from here on.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

...I also don't see how Macedonia can be considered more stable especially financially. What about all the cost to be incurred because of the name change? What about all the proposed social spending? A decreasing tax base and labor force due to emigration?
                                Remember when greece was cooking the books for decades, creating the illusion of a functional and stable economy...we are using similar creative accounting practices.

Comment

Working...
                                X