X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompir
    • Jan 2015

I have a personal anecdote to share.

I was finished up with todays workload and headed home when a client called saying they had been cleaned out of all their laptops (stolen overnight) and were in dire need of replacements. I know the spec of the laptops as I sold them and said to the guy I'll see what I could do. I didn't promise anything as even in an "ordinary" year it would be difficult to get a hold of 22 Dell Latitudes at a moments notice.

I pulled over and started checking my suppliers and none had stock. As it turned out, a competitor had the exact same config (I was clued into the stock at this establishment by Dell themselves). I gave them a call, went through the motions and made sure they had stock on hand.

I pulled up to the premises and walked in (trade only in Melbourne still picka mu mamina). The bloke at the front counter asked if I had checked in, I lied and said yes. He then asked me to show vaccine proof, to which I replied "I don't have to show you anything, vaccination status is a part of my medical records to which you have no business knowing". I said to him, "are you sure you want to persist with that pathetic attitude?" to which he replied with (like a sheep), "we're in this together". I turned to walk out not wanting to cause a scene and as I walked through the door, I said to him, "you just lost a $50k sale, go explain that to your boss".

I then went back to Dell and asked when their next shipment is coming in, old mate said its two weeks away, adding "we're using air freight again as its cheaper than sea freight right now". I placed the order advised my client and that was the end of the matter.

Fifteen minutes ago, the bloke I was speaking to at the competitor called me asking where I was. I told him simply, "speak to the bloke on the front counter about that"
    Last edited by kompir; 10-14-2021, 03:04 AM.
    Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Joe Rogan laying into CNN for lying about Ivermectin and confronting CNN's resident doctor on his podcast.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta admitted to Joe Rogan that CNN labeling ivermectin as 'horse dewormer' was wrong. 'Fox & Friends' hosts react.Subscribe to Fox News! https:/...

And here is how the doctor responds with his own spin after the meeting. No mention at all about the lies his TV employer told about Rogan and Ivermectin, even though he agreed with Rogan during the podcast and conceded that they shouldn't have made such statements. Amazing how he has more freedom of speech on a podcast than he does in his own op-ed. But then, that op-ed is on the CNN website. So much for integrity.

In today’s highly segmented media world, most of the people who watch and listen to me every day on CNN have already received and accepted the message about the utility of vaccines, the importance of masks and how we can all work together to put an end to this pandemic. So I realized that if I was serious about trying to communicate public health, I needed to go to a less comfortable place. I needed to go into the lion’s den and accept an invitation to sit down with Joe Rogan for more than three hours.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• YuriB
        • Jan 2019

So the consensus in this thread is that masks, vaccines, isolation measures, etc., are all ineffective and are just a scheme of governments to control people?! I feel this is part of a much broader anti-science, anti-intellectualism and anti-society stampede. Of course this kind of mindset started in the US but given the makeup of the forum, seems that it has found a very fertile ground in Australia too..
        Regards,
        A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

YuriB, I think there is plenty of science in this thread. Why don't you start with the actual tests themselves and then work your way through it. In any case, the vaccines are all experimental here in Australia until 2023. They will only be approved for use after proper testing. Unfortunately, they are testing on human beings. Lucky you.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• kompir
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by YuriB View Post
            So the consensus in this thread is that masks, vaccines, isolation measures, etc., are all ineffective and are just a scheme of governments to control people?! I feel this is part of a much broader anti-science, anti-intellectualism and anti-society stampede. Of course this kind of mindset started in the US but given the makeup of the forum, seems that it has found a very fertile ground in Australia too..
            I come from a scientific background and what has been presented by the various governments around the world hardly qualifies as being the product of employing the scientific method. As Risto said, there is plenty of science posted and probably far more actual science and use of the scientific method in this thread than has been employed by governments and health departments. It is telling when shitkickers like us have done more research about the "vaccinations" than almost any GP in this country.

How can the decisions of the six states and two territories of this country all be led by the science yet have six vastly different approaches to mitigating the threat of a hyper-exaggerated coronavirus?

How can you explain the constant backpeddaling and contradictions of the CDC in the US regarding the use of surgical masks?

How can you explain the fervent anti-Ivermectin stance of both the US and Australia in light of India's success in knocking this on the head with Ivermectin and azithromycin???

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kompir View Post
              "speak to the bloke on the front counter about that"
              That was interesting indeed. And the guy was right about something, we are indeed all in this together. So when they seek to exclude thinking people who have chosen to remain unvaccinated, then it will cost them economically.

There was a reason why petrol stations stopped offering the "pay at the pump" service. Nobody bought the other rubbish they sold when they no longer had to go inside. It simply won't be clever business to reject 30% of the spending population. They will want our money soon enough and then normality will return. (But we won't forget)
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Joe Rogan laying into CNN for lying about Ivermectin and confronting CNN's resident doctor on his podcast.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta admitted to Joe Rogan that CNN labeling ivermectin as 'horse dewormer' was wrong. 'Fox & Friends' hosts react.Subscribe to Fox News! https:/...

And here is how the doctor responds with his own spin after the meeting. No mention at all about the lies his TV employer told about Rogan and Ivermectin, even though he agreed with Rogan during the podcast and conceded that they shouldn't have made such statements. Amazing how he has more freedom of speech on a podcast than he does in his own op-ed. But then, that op-ed is on the CNN website. So much for integrity.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/13/h...nce/index.html
                Rogan didn't let up. It was great content.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• kompir
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  That was interesting indeed. And the guy was right about something, we are indeed all in this together. So when they seek to exclude thinking people who have chosen to remain unvaccinated, then it will cost them economically.

There was a reason why petrol stations stopped offering the "pay at the pump" service. Nobody bought the other rubbish they sold when they no longer had to go inside. It simply won't be clever business to reject 30% of the spending population. They will want our money soon enough and then normality will return. (But we won't forget)
                  Doing away with 30% of the spending population is basically breakeven for almost all retail, some would be running at a loss with such a loss in patronage.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kompir View Post
                    Doing away with 30% of the spending population is basically breakeven for almost all retail, some would be running at a loss with such a loss in patronage.
                    They think the government will prop them up.
                    But wait until they figure out we are about to enter the worst ever economic period in history. Interest rate hikes are on their way and the government owes a fortune overseas. It will be THAT bad. But that is all part of the plan ... cue 2030 (we will love it apparently)
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Three in four aged care deaths in NSW's Delta outbreak were fully vaccinated

Government data provided to the ABC reveals for the first time the vaccination status of aged care residents who died from COVID-19.

I saved this link earlier when it stated: Three in four aged care deaths in NSW's Delta outbreak were fully vaccinated as the heading.

Later today it has been edited and now it titled: COVID aged care deaths down, but fully vaccinated residents still vulnerable

In any case, the following still applies -
                      Government data, released to the ABC, has revealed 36 of the 49 aged care residents that died after contracting COVID-19 during NSW's Delta outbreak were fully vaccinated.
                      Trusting the science y'all?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• kompir
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...omes/100539620

I saved this link earlier when it stated: Three in four aged care deaths in NSW's Delta outbreak were fully vaccinated as the heading.

Later today it has been edited and now it titled: COVID aged care deaths down, but fully vaccinated residents still vulnerable

In any case, the following still applies -

Trusting the science y'all?
                        I'll trust a бајачка before I trust their "science".

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

So the consensus in this thread is that masks, vaccines, isolation measures, etc., are all ineffective and are just a scheme of governments to control people?! I feel this is part of a much broader anti-science, anti-intellectualism and anti-society stampede. Of course this kind of mindset started in the US but given the makeup of the forum, seems that it has found a very fertile ground in Australia too.
                          In general, I am not anti-vaccine. But I am for the freedom to choose what medicine goes into your body and the right to research it before making a decision. Is that anti-science? I think masks could be beneficial in some settings. But I am perplexed at watching so-called experts like Fauci flip-flop on the effectiveness of masks and then evade questions about his involvement with gain of function research. Is that anti-intellectualism? I support balanced and reasonable policies to address major health matters. But I am concerned that blanket lockdown measures have caused irreparable damage to society by exacerbating mental health, family issues and economic turmoil. I have a problem with individuals being forced to divulge private medical information for the purpose of non-intimate interactions. I am troubled by the unprecedent amount of control and monitoring capabilities that governments have over their populations whilst "elitist" personalities brazenly disregard the same positions they force on others. I also find it extremely concerning that the likeminded colleagues of such hypocrites associate phrases like "the great reset" and "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reimagine society" with COVID-19, as if they've been waiting for this moment to seize total control. Is that anti-society? Not everybody who has questions in relation to the above is a conspiracy theorist, but anybody that isn't prompted to question recent developments is naive at best. At worst, they may be anti-science, anti-intellectualism and anti-society.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

... I feel this is part of a much broader anti-science, anti-intellectualism and anti-society stampede. Of course this kind of mindset started in the US but given the makeup of the forum, seems that it has found a very fertile ground in Australia too..
                            I think the broader problem is when people disagree with an opinion, an observation or even a fact these days it is never challenged by debate and the free exchange of ideas but by the labelling of individuals, movements and political ideologies as being anti-this and anti-that...just look at the popularity of the term anti-vaxxer and how readily and eagerly it is stamped on the forehead of anybody questioning vaccine mandates.
                            (you can easily be pro-vaccine but anti-mandate or you simply believe in pro-choice)

Using anti-this, anti-that as a rebuttal to everything you disagree with seems to be the preferred strategy of the progressives to quash all dissenting voices, to alienate vast swathes of society with stigma and to relegate the great unwashed to the new untouchable caste of the 21st century.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Really worth watching.
                              I had an incredible interview with Prof. Tim Noakes, who is a world-renowned sports and nutrition physician from South Africa. Here is the full uncensored video.

The ignorant pro-vaccine Pfizer simps should watch this and eat some (low carb) humble pie.

The best part is that the potential exists to make us all infinitely healthier by remedying our insulin resistance. You will reduce your visceral fat and, as an added bonus, become shielded from covid. I'm already there now thanks to my dietary changes implemented a few months ago. I strongly urge you all to embrace this (and the video)
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• YuriB
                                • Jan 2019

Thanks for your responses! There have a been a few different lines of argumentation, which I will aim to address.

1) No, there is no new science developed in this thread (or any other online forum of this kind). Science is developed in labs, published in peer-reviewed venues and maybe, some of it becomes the concesus. Your own research is not science. The problem is that you might make it sound like science, scare people who are then reluctant to get vaccinated and put not just themselves but primarily others who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason. It is irresponsible and unethical.

2) Too much talk about rights but no talk about responsibility. It is your responsibility to get vaccinated and protect the vulnerable. You may ask questions, yes, but they've all been answered again and again. Regarding the so-call-freedom approach, you are free to not follow the rules/needs of the society, don't expect to continue to reap its benefits though or that the rest of us will just stay put and risk our freedom for a healthy life. (I am not sure about great resets or opportunities of a lifetime. We haven't had this talk in NZ. Maybe an Aussie thing?)

3) The anti terms I used are essentially identifying reactionary mindsets and ideologies that try to keep us or take us back to the "great times" as they perceive it. You know these great times that for example diseases were rampant because no vaccines were around... The problem is the bad ideology, not the people of course. Unfortunately, echo chambers and social stampedes have been shown to not be able to broken by direct opposition, the group dynamics merely force it together again. So yes, you are right, it's probably prodent to not provoke such groups with labels. Instead, research on this field recommends offering facts/news from completely different topic to get people interested in, which will hopefully help break up the cluster by giving it more dimensions to move to.

At a positive note, NZ today had more than 130K vaccinations on a single day!! This was an organized event dubbed Vacathon or Super Saturday. Please, go all and get your shots! Even if you are concerned, remember you are not doing this just for yourselves, you do this to protect the weak and vulnerable of our society who can't get a vaccine.
                                Regards,
                                A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

Working...
                                X