View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 03:45 AM   #380
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
In Melbourne I met a lot of Bulgarians from the social circles I was in (internationals). There seems to be quite a few that have arrived in Melbourne to study English and also work. When Bulgarian sports stars came into the city they would throw big parties

I never had any problems with them and they seemed quite friendly to me once I told them I was Macedonian. The odd one or two would say something stupid like we are the same or speak the same language. I would politely correct them lol

In the city I live in I have met a few as well, they have a growing community as well. Same deal, international students, people working in jobs like bar men, cleaners etc

I have also met many young girls come here with Australian partners.
I think now with the EU and the Bulgarian economy still struggling Australia will see more Bulgarians (and Romanians) migrating to Australia.
That's really interesting BBS! I have to say for the most part I have never really had many issues on a personal level with Greeks or Serbians here, some underlying tensions for sure but nothing too serious, so I would say Bulgarians in Australia would be the same scenario. In saying that I am sure many have experienced the opposite end of dealing with some of the more crazy types of these communities.