• vicsinad
      • May 2011

Pirej Se Makedonski

Song about Macedonians Macedonian musicSong form Tetovo Folk Fest 2008

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Bratski da se splotime

"Bilo da sme vadarci, bilo da sme pirinci, prespanci ili egejci, nie sme makedonksi"

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

definitely sounds Macedonian.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

The man speaking in greek in the first seconds says:
            It's from our village Meliti (Ovcharani). Our grandmother and grandfather sang it too. We sing it too. My grandmother died 10 years ago, and she told me "Silent films, only with charlie chaplin in 1920 we had".

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

the music is definitely macedonian.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Well it's a 12/8 rhythm of the lake Prespa area. It has no words in the greek equivelant. Leventikos I think it is called. Meaning of the brave.
                However, it is not a very "leventiko" thing to do, banning the lyrics, because there are only in macedonian. And pay fines if you sang it! Well that was during the Metaxas dictatorship.

Nowadays, these festivals are held in those places in greece, and people dance, regardless of their origin. They don't care. And why should they? It's a very delightful macedonian tune and rhythm.

I'm going back to my bollywood songs now... .

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                  Well it's a 12/8 rhythm of the lake Prespa area. It has no words in the greek equivelant. Leventikos I think it is called. Meaning of the brave.
                  However, it is not a very "leventiko" thing to do, banning the lyrics, because there are only in macedonian. And pay fines if you sang it! Well that was during the Metaxas dictatorship.

Nowadays, these festivals are held in those places in greece, and people dance, regardless of their origin. They don't care. And why should they? It's a very delightful macedonian tune and rhythm.

I'm going back to my bollywood songs now... .
                  I am sure the band is called "Taidonia od Lerin". I have been there many times. They play and sing in Greek when the officials sit their fat arses down in the front row. Then later they play and sing in Macedonian. So they aren't particularly free in my reckoning. Many still shit themselves, most of the rest have been indoctrinated to believe being a Macedonian is something even lower than a Bulgarian peasant.

I love that village by the way.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Oh, and it is the puscheno (not pustseno) and it absolutely rules in Lerin. A shame RoMacedonians barely know how to dance it. I would call it definitive for my people.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Well in my opinion the dance steps in the video appear identical to the Bitolsko version of Kucano/Kucanoto (so named because you have to kucaj/hop) The Lerinsko versions I've heard are usually more up tempo, while the tune differs from region to region the signature beat is the same, from my experience Bitolchani also like dancing at a faster tempo, although it is mainly an oro (no singing)with the tempo quickening as the song progresses. For us, traditionally it is danced much slower with the pace at about half tempo (cause that's how we roll) and I have found we include a few more hopping steps in the forward progression compared to others, regardless it's one of my favourite oroj and I find it hard to stay seated whenever I hear that signature beat out of a tapan, so yeah Puscheno in Egej = Kucano in RoM and I would say we (where I'm from) hold it in the same regard as you, we absolutely rock it, funny that ay, I wonder why that is
                      Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 10-09-2014, 07:21 AM.
                      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                        Well in my opinion the dance steps in the video appear identical to the Bitolsko version of Kucano/Kucanoto (so named because you have to kucaj/hop) The Lerinsko versions I've heard are usually more up tempo, while the tune differs from region to region the signature beat is the same, from my experience Bitolchani also like dancing at a faster tempo, although it is mainly an oro (no singing)with the tempo quickening as the song progresses. For us, traditionally it is danced much slower with the pace at about half tempo (cause that's how we roll) and I have found we include a few more hopping steps in the forward progression compared to others, regardless it's one of my favourite oroj and I find it hard to stay seated whenever I hear that signature beat out of a tapan, so yeah Puscheno in Egej = Kucano in RoM and I would say we (where I'm from) hold it in the same regard as you, we absolutely rock it, funny that ay, I wonder why that is

I find classy Bitolchani are really just wannabe Lerinci.
                        My ex-sisterinlaw is a Bitolchanka. She had never even seen the dance before. She had no inclination to be affiliated with Lerin BTW.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Yes botolchani regularly transverse the borders and go to the aegean for aholiday.What reason they do they seem to like it.They get a chance to mingle with the local population and share their ideas.THere is only one sort there macedonians.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• nitkov
                            • Mar 2010

Hello,

just found this thread so i have a lots of stuff to contribute.

recently, i started balcan traditional music channel in youtube. the most of stuff comes from macedonia.

as many of you guys have roots from aegean macedonia, lets start with orchestra brakja dimkovi. orchestra have been found by dedo trajko dimkov from pozharsko. as far as i know, nowdays his sons and grandsons run it. here is collecttion of ora in their performance.

enjoy!

Krivoto - Tikveško oro
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), egej, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), prin, Vardar (River), Folk Music (Musical Genre), Traditional Pop Music (Musical Genre), solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), lerin, Florina (City/Town/Village), tapan, truba, greece, Bulgaria (Country), dopi, dopios, ntopia, makedonika

Stankino oro
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Folk Music (Musical Genre), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), lerin, Florina (City/Town/Village), greece, bulgaria

Mulajovo oro
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, vardar, pirin, voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), Florina (City/Town/Village), lerin, solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), Greece (Country), Bulgaria (Country), tapan, truba, dopi, ntopia

Misimersko - Vodensko oro

Donkino oro
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, pirin, vardar, edessa, voden, Florina (City/Town/Village), lerin, solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), truba, brass, music, folk music, Bulgaria (Country), Greece (Country)

Sarachinsko oro
                            Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Greece (Country), oro, horo, bulgaria, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, voden, florina, lerin, edessa, meglen, truba, tapan

Sulejmanovo oro (Sulejman aga)
                            Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), sulejman aga, sulejmanovo, oro, horo, greece, bulgaria, Edessa (City/Town/Village), voden, pirin, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), truba, tapan, Serbia (Country), Turkey (Country), Turkish Language (Human Language), Rumelia (Location), roumeli

Plazenoto oro
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), ntopi, dopi, greece, bulgaria, truba, Trumpet (Musical Instrument), brass, music, folk music, tapan, egej, vardar, pirin, skopje, voden, lerin, solun, fanfara

Oro bukite razvivaat
                            makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), dopi, Greece (Country), Bulgaria (Country), Folk Music (Musical Genre), trubi, tapan, ntopia, komiti, vmro, brass, brass music

Comment

• nitkov
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by nitkov View Post
                              Hello,

just found this thread so i have a lots of stuff to contribute.

recently, i started balcan traditional music channel in youtube. the most of stuff comes from macedonia.

as many of you guys have roots from aegean macedonia, lets start with orchestra brakja dimkovi. orchestra have been found by dedo trajko dimkov from pozharsko. as far as i know, nowdays his sons and grandsons run it. here is collecttion of ora in their performance.

enjoy!

Krivoto - Tikveško oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), egej, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), prin, Vardar (River), Folk Music (Musical Genre), Traditional Pop Music (Musical Genre), solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), lerin, Florina (City/Town/Village), tapan, truba, greece, Bulgaria (Country), dopi, dopios, ntopia, makedonika

Stankino oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Folk Music (Musical Genre), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), lerin, Florina (City/Town/Village), greece, bulgaria

Mulajovo oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, vardar, pirin, voden, Edessa (City/Town/Village), Florina (City/Town/Village), lerin, solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), Greece (Country), Bulgaria (Country), tapan, truba, dopi, ntopia

Misimersko - Vodensko oro

Donkino oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, pirin, vardar, edessa, voden, Florina (City/Town/Village), lerin, solun, Thessaloniki (City/Town/Village), truba, brass, music, folk music, Bulgaria (Country), Greece (Country)

Sarachinsko oro
                              Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), Greece (Country), oro, horo, bulgaria, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), egej, voden, florina, lerin, edessa, meglen, truba, tapan

Sulejmanovo oro (Sulejman aga)
                              Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), sulejman aga, sulejmanovo, oro, horo, greece, bulgaria, Edessa (City/Town/Village), voden, pirin, Aegean Sea (Body Of Water), truba, tapan, Serbia (Country), Turkey (Country), Turkish Language (Human Language), Rumelia (Location), roumeli

Plazenoto oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonian Language (Human Language), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), Macedonia (Administrative Division), ntopi, dopi, greece, bulgaria, truba, Trumpet (Musical Instrument), brass, music, folk music, tapan, egej, vardar, pirin, skopje, voden, lerin, solun, fanfara

Oro bukite razvivaat
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumQN7RvljM
                              and some more:

Zborskoto oro
                              video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Oro posednica
                              Republic Of Macedonia (Country), Macedonia (Country), Macedonians (Ethnicity), folk music, Brass Instrument (Musical Instrument), ethno music, Balkans (Region)

Patrunino oro
                              makedonija, Republic Of Macedonia (Country), macedonia, Folk Music (Musical Genre), macedonians, Balkans (Region), Greece (Country), Bulgaria (Country)

enjoy!

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

just asking mitkov is there any places to download macedonian music and films on the net.?
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X