Neverending Bulgarian identity crisis. Persians, Turks or Afghans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serdarot
    • Feb 2010

kardas-lar, komit-lar, kodosh-lar for plural

kujun-dji for "profession"

cho-djuk?

but what we do with

burg-LAR

@ Bratot:
    “Още Георги Сава Раковски твърди, че император Наполеон Бонапарт е с български произход
    i guess this is based on the similarity between the length of their´s and Napoleon´s penises
    Last edited by Serdarot; 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM.
    Bratot:
    Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

First time I have seen an analysis like this as well.
      It appears we Macedonians may well have had some Bulgar influence particularly as it relates to the employment of the definite article.
      Onur, how is the definite article used in Turkish?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        It appears we Macedonians may well have had some Bulgar influence particularly as it relates to the employment of the definite article.
        Onur, how is the definite article used in Turkish?

There are no "articles" exists in Turkish which directly corresponds "The, a, an" in English since it`s not that needed with a Turkish language system. Actually there is one suffix which adds a meaning something between "That" and "The". It`s the "-i" suffix in Turkish. Like "Araba; A Car", "Araba(y)-i; The Car, That Car". We generally use determiners like "That, this" or numbers if necessary but not articles.

I don't know neither Bulgarian nor Macedonian but since you lived so close to each other for a long time, it would be irrational to think that you didn't get influence by each other. For example, It`s quite a fact that we took words from every spoken language in Balkans.

I already posted this to one of my former messages. Some Bulgarian professor makes detailed analysis of Bulgarian language here. Mostly the origins of words. Check it out and see if you can find same similarities in Macedonian;

Last edited by Onur; 07-10-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X