Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

My Grandfathers explanation was simplistic, but it makes so much sence which is why i am searching for evidance to back the views of this simple villager who lived through the end of the ottomon rule, Balkan war, 1st and 2nd world wars.

I can remember he telling me the French had something to do with it who wanted to convert the Greek orthodox church to Catholosizm which was a return of the favour (which the French demanded) after France asisted Greece in ither the Cyprus question or Macedonia.

Now, i am not sure if it was before or after the deal was made, But Greece beged the french to at least alow them to Keep there Easter date of celebration in order for the (Break away) Greek Orthodox church to have some sort of distinction.

Untill i find a good explanation to why the (Break away) Greek Orthodox church is the only one in the world that celebrate easter acording to the Julian Calender, and Christmas acording to the Gregorian calender, i am afraid dedo knows best.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

A (not perfect) answer here:

Q. In that case, though, why do some Orthodox churches celebrate Western Christmas?

A. All churches celebrate Christmas as a fixed feast and all (apart from the Armenian church) hold it on 25 December. However, since the Russian Orthodox Church, the Serbian Orthodox Church, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem and the Georgian Orthodox Church follow the Julian calendar, they celebrate Christmas on what, under the Gregorian calendar, is 7 January. The Greek Orthodox Church, the Bulgarian Church, the Antioch and Alexandria Patriarchates and the Romanian Orthodox Church follow the Gregorian calendar (except with respect to the calculation of Easter), and celebrate Christmas at the same time as the Western churches. Only the Armenian Apostolic Church celebrates Christmas on its original date of 6 January and the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord on the same day.
      It is not a good answer because it does not explain the actual reason for departure from tradition. It is a date. If our calendar says 25 December ... so be it. It is meant to tie in with the winter solstice. That should be the key.

It is to do with the Julian vs Gregorian calendars. I don't think it is a big deal and understand why the methodology for calculating Easter could not be treated in the same way.

Naturally, real Macedonians will insist I burn in hell for this I would imagine.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

believe me risto you will not burn in hell for wanting the church to use the new calender, what is puzzling is how we as macedonians use one calender for our lives an another for the church.

to me its absurd.

komita some of the greek islands are catholic like syros where i spent time as a kid in a refugee camp, and my parents keep telling me that the people on syros were so much kinder and more generous than the orthodox greeks.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

No.....this is not the afternarth of a PAOK v OLYMPIAKOS football match.
          Its those cloak wearing, righteous, so called men of god from the greek orthodox church.

Its an old clip, but i just heard another incident just occurred which i am yet to see a clip. It was over a broom or something lol

YouTube - Monks Brawl at Jerusalem Holy Site

What is so funny about this second clip, is the comments below it. lol

such as,

Haytime4justice "Greeks & Armenians are brothers, we have been for centuries and will be so for centuries to come.
          Even between brothers a few punches in nothing."

roosoo2 " stupid they aren't greeks...they are arab palestinians and their religion is greek orthodox...there is no greeks in palestine...so the fight between arabs and armeniains."

YouTube - Broom Scuffle In Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

Someone should put Benny Hill music as a backing track on these videos
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
              Someone should put Benny Hill music as a backing track on these videos
              hahahahahha

All i know is the greek devil worshipers called priests, got their arss kicked here.

Check out the Monk in the red cloak here around the 35sec time line.
              I swear iv'e seen him next to me in the mosh pit at a sex pistols concert

YouTube - Church of the unholy punch up - HOLY Shame

And check out the punch around the 15sec time line. Mike Tyson would have been proud to have thrown one just like that.
              Last edited by Bill77; 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Thats more of a king hit mate, they guy wasnt even looking at him.

Here is a punch up of Serbs in Kosovo

YouTube - Tuca monaha u Gracanici
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Blagojce
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  hahahahahha

All i know is the greek devil worshipers called priests, got their arss kicked here.

Check out the Monk in the red cloak here around the 35sec time line.
                  I swear iv'e seen him next to me in the mosh pit at a sex pistols concert

YouTube - Church of the unholy punch up - HOLY Shame

And check out the punch around the 15sec time line. Mike Tyson would have been proud to have thrown one just like that.
                  hahahaha i wouldnt be surprised if those Armenians were really Macedonians under disguise.

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Religion is a colorful hope and fear.
                    Those priests are businessmen who are selling that hopes to those whom they inflicted with fear.
                    Those punches are defence of that business.
                    Simple case.
                    Last edited by makedonin; 11-18-2010, 08:56 AM.
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Where's the love thy neighbour with your fists?!Perhaps greed & a want of domination is a tool in trade.The greeks arery good liars.Where is the religious tolerance from the greeks.
                      Last edited by George S.; 11-18-2010, 11:01 AM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Where's the love thy neighbour with your fists?!Perhaps greed & a want of domination is a tool in trade.The greeks arery good liars.Where is the religious tolerance from the greeks.
                        George - here is a modern day example of Greek Orthodox church persecuting Old Calendarists.

This monastery is made up monks that refuse to be part of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. This website is full of examples that show the distorted nature of the GOC.

Click on "Worldwide Media Coverage" and then scroll down to " Patriarch Bartholomew Visits the USA - January 2006 "

For example:

"The local newspapers also reported this unbelievable, insane and extremely scandalous and antichristian item: “All parents who want to have the opportunity for their children to kiss the hand of the Patriarch, must each pay $200, because this is going to be a unique experience in their life, to kiss the hand of His All Holiness.”

“Let the children draw near me, as long as they show that their parents' paid for the ticket!...

In a real church you don't pay to kiss the hand of the Patriarch - it would be considered shameful to charge such a fee.

Comment

• makedonin
                          • Sep 2008

I wonder what should be the benefit of kissing somebody's hand, other than the risk of getting some illness, cause he hasn't washed his hands before!?

$200 for a virus... that is a good catch

Before giving them any money put them on the test:
                          Tell them to drink serpent poison and if they don't die they are true believers. It is one of the signs that should accompany those who believe, as Jesus had claimed in Mark 16:17-18.
                          Last edited by makedonin; 11-18-2010, 02:53 PM.
                          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
                            “Let the children draw near me, as long as they show that their parents' paid for the ticket!...[/B]
                            Hey, that is something I often offer as a service in my business .... but I am no bloody Patriarch. Disgraceful.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                              I wonder what should be the benefit of kissing somebody's hand, other than the risk of getting some illness, cause he hasn't washed his hands before!?
                              Who knows where else he has put that hand.

BTW, it would take a miracle for me to ever respect the Greek Orthodox Church given their direct involvement on the eradication of Macedonians.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Greek Priest Calls for Attack on Macedonian Radio Station

Friday, 19 August 2011

Greek Priest Anthimos as a "true Christian" has asked for 40-50 Greeks to board buses, go to Lerin and break and burn the Macedonian radio station because, according to him the Macedonians would air propaganda.

Anthimos' statement was issued after the announcement of Pande Ashlakov, the head of Ovcarani (Lerin) who said that "Vinozito" had received a license for a Macedonian language radio station that would be broadcasting program from Lerin to Solun.

Ashlakov at the Ilinden celebration said the radio will start working at the end of the year and as part of its program will have live shows and news.

Anthimos was seething, claiming the damned people will probably name their radio "Macedonian radio".

- How is this possible? Are we the Greeks allowed to have a radio station anywhere in the Balkans? asked Anthimos.
                                The Greek priest shouldn't be worried, for example the Macedonian State Radio (paid for by taxpayers money) has broadcasted programs in every Balkan language, including Greek for more than a decade.

Greek media reported the Solun priest was asking for 40-50 volunteers to board buses head to Lerin and attack the radio station.
                                With losing his "What Would Jesus Do" bracelet, priest Anthimos seems to have lost his way.
                                http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/18925/1/

Comment

Working...
                                X