• Jan 2009

Capo D'istria called them Christian Turks too

page 43

A concise history of Greece By Richard Clogg

Notice also that the Phanariots are "children of Satan"
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

That's very interesting TM, nice find, Christian Turks indeed, and these are one's from the Morea - Yet the Christian Turks of Asia Minor have been 'Hellenes' from time immemorial....in the mind of deludes.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Wanderer
      • Nov 2009

The calling to primates ''Christian Turks'' is logical.
      And allow me to explain it.
      It is known that many highly-placed and wealthy Greeks did not want this revolution to begin,because they will lose their positions and the wealth.And even later,when Greece got its independance,they were facing problems with Kapodistrias himself,who wanted the wealth to be split and the land to be shared to those who hadnt land.Of course,he found resistance,and those primates are the ones who always resisted to him and finally,killed him.
      The calling ''Christian Turks'' can be explained Christian,but looking only theirselves and their wealth,not caring about the country,therefore they were acting like Turks.
      Excuse my bad English,

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Wanderer what's up with spelling his name "Kapodistrias" when his name was Capo D'istria? According to a grk website -
        Code:
        http://wiki.phantis.com/index.php/Ioannis_Kapodistrias
        - it states;

An ancestor of Kapodistrias' had been created a conte (count) by the Charles Emmanuel II, Duke of Savoy, and the title was later (1679) inscribed in the Libro d'Oro of the Corfu nobility. (The title originates from Capo d'Istria, the Italian name for the port of Koper, now in Slovenia). His mother's family, the Gonemi, had been listed in the Libro d'Oro since 1606.
        Another Italian in the multi-national family which is called modern "greece". Koper, Gonemi, Capo D'istria.

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

"The Usable Past" - 2003
          By K.S Brown & Professor Yannis Hamilakis

Page 140:

"..As a result of a number of historical factors, much of the rural population in central Greece was Albanian-speaking by the time of the creation of modern Greek state in the 1830s"

-------------

VENIZELOS (Famous Greek Statesman - Prime Minister: 1910-1920, 1932)
          By Herbert Adams Gibbons, Ph.D

HOUGHTON MIFFLIN COMPANY - 1920

[At The Peace Conferance]

Page 346:

"...Venizelos advanced the famous theory of national consciousness as the test of nationality..."One may be temped", he said, "to raise the objection that a substantial portion of the Greek population uses ALBANIAN as its mother tongue, and is, consequently, in all probability, of Albanian orgin"

--------------------

POLITICS IN MODERN GREECE
          By Keith R. Legg

Page 86:

LANGUAGE

"..At the time of independence, the range in local dialects was significant; substantial portions of the population spoke Albanian"

----------------------

"EURYDICE STREET - A Place In Athens"

By Dr Sofka Zinovieff, PhD
          Published: 2004

Page: 38

"..This preoccupation with Greekness only really began after the War of Independence (1830), when defining what it meant to be Greek became a vital element in creating a new state - Their first capital was the smart little Peloponnesian port Nafplio. It was thought to be far more suitable than the goat-infested ruins and the insignificant, predominantly Turkish-Albanian settlement which existed in 1900-century Athens"
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Capo D'istria never thought Macedonia was ever 'Greek'

Oooooooooh Myyyyyyyyy I guess the Truth shall set some of the unbelievers free

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

TM
              Another outstanding find!!!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

All it sounds like is south of the river he kept as Greece proper and was prepared to allow the northern part to be sacrificed as a buffer conquered by the slavs and others in outlining his defensive position. This could and is argued by today’s Greeks as not a position they subscribe to and as many of today’s Greeks have put it they are reclaiming what was previously allowed to be conquered. Ie leave slavs nothing here is your prior to your conquests.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Bump It's funny how he (Capo D'istria) called them Christian Turks.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot
                    VENIZELOS (Famous Greek Statesman - Prime Minister: 1910-1920, 1932)
                    By Herbert Adams Gibbons, Ph.D

HOUGHTON MIFFLIN COMPANY - 1920

[At The Peace Conferance]

Page 346:

"...Venizelos advanced the famous theory of national consciousness as the test of nationality..."One may be temped", he said, "to raise the objection that a substantial portion of the Greek population uses ALBANIAN as its mother tongue, and is, consequently, in all probability, of Albanian orgin"
                    This is a good source, thanks Bratot.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

Ioannis Kapodistrias

I read an article on Macedoniandocuments that ,if true,could be a major argument against the Greeks.Ioannis Kapodistrias was the first Greek head-of-state after it's independence in 1830.Before he was in the Ministry of foreign affairs of Imperial Russia,some secretary or who knows,whatever.It says that in 1828,while the decline of the Ottoman Empire was clear,he made a proposal to the Russians (giving in mind they too had their interests in the Balkans) of the following look of the Balkan countries that were to be created after the fall of the Turks:5 kingdoms organized in one federation - 1.Serbian Kingdom (Serbia,Bulgaria,Bosnia),Hellenic Kingdom (continental Greece,Pelloponese,ionic islands and the archipelag),Macedonian kingdom (Macedonia,Thrace,islands Imbros,Samos and Thasos)Kingdom of Epirus (Epirus,Albania) and Dacia (Wallachia,Moldova).Now,this is all great so far,but the author of the article didn't name any references or sources to back this up,giving it credibility that it actually happened.I was wondering if any of you has read this article or anything concerning this matter and can provide us some references to confirm that this thing really happened,because if it's only left like that,it will be nothing more but "another Fyromian attempt to falsify Greek history".Many thanks.
                      Last edited by DraganOfStip; 02-08-2012, 03:22 PM.
                      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• TojSum
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                        I read an article on Macedoniandocuments that ,if true,could be a major argument against the Greeks.Ioannis Kapodistrias was the first Greek head-of-state after it's independence in 1830.Before he was in the Ministry of foreign affairs of Imperial Russia,some secretary or who knows,whatever.It says that in 1828,while the decline of the Ottoman Empire was clear,he made a proposal to the Russians (giving in mind they too had their interests in the Balkans) of the following look of the Balkan countries that were to be created after the fall of the Turks:5 kingdoms organized in one federation - 1.Serbian Kingdom (Serbia,Bulgaria,Bosnia),Hellenic Kingdom (continental Greece,Pelloponese,ionic islands and the archipelag),Macedonian kingdom (Macedonia,Thrace,islands Imbros,Samos and Thasos)Kingdom of Epirus (Epirus,Albania) and Dacia (Wallachia,Moldova).Now,this is all great so far,but the author of the article didn't name any references or sources to back this up,giving it credibility that it actually happened.I was wondering if any of you has read this article or anything concerning this matter and can provide us some references to confirm that this thing really happened,because if it's only left like that,it will be nothing more but "another Fyromian attempt to falsify Greek history".Many thanks.
                        Dragan everything written is true and its a major argument but it's very hard to find original documents (i'm trying couple of weeks) and only very reliable source witch i manage to find is this article from Cambridge Historical Journal:
                        Cambridge Historical Journal 1937 5 : pp 280-290
                        Copyright © Cambridge University Press 1937
                        DOI: 10.1017/S1474691300001542 (About DOI)
                        Published online: 2011

Articles

IV. Russia's New Policy in the near East after the Peace of Adrianople; Including the Text of the Protocol of 16 September 1829

Link:http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ne&aid=7824966

As you can see from the link, if sombode want full article must be payed 30$ so for now im tying to find some other link to download (which is very difficult to) and if i cant manage this i will buy it and post here.

Another way is if somebody have access here:

Greeting.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

TojSum
                          Welcome!..ama koi si?
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by TojSum View Post
                            Articles

IV. Russia's New Policy in the near East after the Peace of Adrianople; Including the Text of the Protocol of 16 September 1829

As you can see from the link, if sombode want full article must be payed 30$ so for now im tying to find some other link to download (which is very difficult to) and if i cant manage this i will buy it and post here.
                            I couldn't let you pay that $30, so here is your article. I have free access to these anyway

3020733.pdf - 830.2 KB

Thanks for the link because i didn't read that one b4. It was a very interesting read, mentioning about the events of Balkan wars, creation and the borders of new Balkan states and the events of the WW-1, a century ago b4 all these have been realized. Another proof that the usual stories of heroism, islamic or christian saviors, freedom fighters for the so-called independent countries etc. are just bedtime stories for us, the ordinary people but in reality everything goes according to the plans drawn by the elites.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              I couldn't let you pay that $30, so here is your article. I have free access to these anyway

3020733.pdf - 830.2 KB

Thanks for the link because i didn't read that one b4. It was a very interesting read, mentioning about the events of Balkan wars, creation and the borders of new Balkan states and the events of the WW-1, a century ago b4 all these have been realized. Another proof that the usual stories of heroism, islamic or christian saviors, freedom fighters for the so-called independent countries etc. are just bedtime stories for us, the ordinary people but in reality everything goes according to the plans drawn by the elites.
                              Onur
                              Welcome back ......hopefully for good! Thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
                              X