Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

you have been asked to stop referring to Macedonia as the Former Yugsolav republic of Macedonia, and referencing Bulgaria as the same language, yet you continue to do so
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
      Daskalot I said in my first message that: "Personally, I was also raised speaking some of this language (which is very close to the languages spoken today in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and in Bulgaria)." I meant that I could speak some of this language, ie. words of it...probably with a different accent than you guys.
      I really do suggest that you drop any future reference to 'Former'.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Maybe i cant read write or my math is wrong but you say your 100% greek and 50% macedonian?.....

currently live in Italy, but I'm 100% Greek, of which 50% Macedonian, 25% Cappadocian and 25% Ionian (Asia Minor).

You sound like my uncle who is brainwashed
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• johnMKD
          • Apr 2010

Sure I will Daskalot and julie, if this offends you.
          Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

It offends all Macedonians
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

The name of the latter two probably derives from the Doric noun μᾶκος, mākos (Attic and modern Greek μάκρος, mákros and μῆκος, mēkos), meaning "length", and the adjective μακεδνός, makednós, meaning "tall, taper", since both the Macedonians (Makedónes) and their Makednoi tribal ancestors were regarded as tall people.
              The name is of unclear and disputed origin, only you people love the story tales of Herodot.

But if you like that story, so I tell you, Herodot gave us the name because we the Macedonians have larger dic**, say in length (μᾶκος), than you people How pragmatic is that for you?

Guys I just tried to open a pragmatic discussion here. I was the first to say that I'm a part of it. I'm part of the region. I'm part of the language. But I have the right to identify myself as Greek,as you are defining your selves as Macedonians.
              Ciao.
              You come and ask what in the name, which is like you want to throw out and than start to talk rubish like "FYRM" bullshit, put our Identity in question, calling us Slavs, and than turn the blind eye like you did not have said anything.

Wonder if that is pragmatic discussion for you! I see it as pure provocation!
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                Maybe i cant read write or my math is wrong but you say your 100% greek and 50% macedonian?.....

currently live in Italy, but I'm 100% Greek, of which 50% Macedonian, 25% Cappadocian and 25% Ionian (Asia Minor).

I think Makedonetz telling the truth here.

If "JohnMKD", you call yourself as "pure Greek" while saying that you are "50% Macedonian, %50 Anatolian"(Cappadocia and Izmir), then you are one of the brainwashed people in Greece and possibly a child of an assimilation victims.

I am sorry but you know, truth hurts...

but ofc you can identify and express yourself as Greek but description of "%100 pure Greek" with the info you gave us, is not logic at all. If you still claim that you are "%100 Greek" then you are no different than ignorant Greek racists at youtube video comments section who claims everything as Greek.
                Last edited by Onur; 04-22-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• johnMKD
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mail2onur View Post
                  I think Makedonetz telling the truth here.

If "JohnMKD", you call yourself as "pure Greek" while saying that you are "50% Macedonian, %50 Anatolian"(Cappadocia and Izmir), then you are one of the brainwashed people in Greece and possibly a child of an assimilation victims.

I am sorry but you know, truth hurts...

but ofc you can identify and express yourself as Greek but description of "%100 pure Greek" with the info you gave us, is not logic at all. If you still claim that you are "%100 Greek" then you are no different than ignorant Greek racists at youtube video comments section who claims everything as Greek.
                  I'm far from being brainwashed, neighbour. I think I'm the only one here that sees that the truth is not black or white, but gray. I never used any offensive language (and if I did, I took it back), although I received a lot.

If you have read my thread from the begining, I'm talking about a multi-culture created over the centuries by an exchange of civilisations. I also say that nobody can claim that is a direct descedant from Greeks/Romans or whatever. I cannot say that I have no Turkish blood in my vains, as you cannot deny that you might have Greek in yours. After so many centuries we have become all of us a mixture like "achtarma" (sorry but I don't know how to spell the turkish word).

I'm not denying that any of you is Macedonian! And I will never do! But, I cannot accept you telling me that I'm not.
                  Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• sf.
                    • Jan 2010

I'm the only one here that sees that the truth is not black or white, but gray... My presence here is only to learn and not to start any fight with you guys.
                    After about 2-3 more of your posts, you will learn that we can spot bullshit a mile away, that we won't take aforementioned bullshit, and that whether you like it or not, you will not have any real opportunity to fight with us guys.

How's that for black and white?!
                    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• makedonin
                      • Sep 2008

I'm not denying that any of you is Macedonian! And I will never do! But, I cannot accept you telling me that I'm not.

You are GEOGRAPHICAL Macedonian! So what, you pretend like it is a big deal. That will change per default if you move in another Geographical Region, say America, so you become Greek American Ελληνοαμερικανος!

Untill yesterday you were afraid to put the word in your mouth! If asked what you are, almost instantly spited out "I am Greek".

And now of a sudden you discovered your GEOGRAPHICAL Identity.

By the way what is that if you care explaining. What kind of Idenity is this, GEOGRAPHICAL Idenity!?

Greek Macedonian, what is that!? What should one start with that!?

Let me give you a hint, you a Greek living in Geographical Region of Macedonia. So how much is that this makes you Macedonian!? and what is the difference than from your Greek Compatriots not living in the Geographical Region of Macedonia!?

Any difference but the Location!?

If there is no other difference but the Location, so you can invent another Identity, say Postal Identity, so you can go around disputing people who share your ZIP Code, say, you are "Greek 60601" standing for some Area in Chicago!

Before wanting to discuss any further, would you care answearing those question, so that we clean up the air before continuing!
                      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                        Makedonetz i know were your coming from i have uncles like that to that are so brainwashed they think they are the biggest Greeks and the funny thing is that they speak Macedonian and there villages are maybe 2 km from the Macedonian border lol.

johnMKD you sound brainwashed buddy, spend some more time in this forum and you will learn something.

You must understand that we are Macedonian.
                        Linguistically.
                        Nationally.
                        Ethnically.
                        Culturally.
                        Geographically.
                        And Historically.
                        Macedonian.Macedonians.

If you cant accept this or if you have a problem with this fact get out of this forum the Macedonian Truth Forum.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

John, do you have children? Are they Italian? You do base your identity on Geography don't you?

Comment

• johnMKD
                            • Apr 2010

-Sf wrote:” After about 2-3 more of your posts, you will learn that we can spot bullshit a mile away, that we won't take aforementioned bullshit, and that whether you like it or not, you will not have any real opportunity to fight with us guys.”
                            I really don’t get your point here. I’m not here to fight with you, but to discuss with you and eventually learn something from each other. I’m a scientist, not some narrow-minded Greek villager. I think this is a place of discussion and not any kind of fighting. Discussion however includes argumenting, but this is far from fighting, sf.

-Makedonin wrote:” Let me give you a hint, you a Greek living in Geographical Region of Macedonia. So how much is that this makes you Macedonian!? and what is the difference than from your Greek Compatriots not living in the Geographical Region of Macedonia!?
                            Any difference but the Location!?”

Makedonin, I’m Macedonian (by 50%). My family has been living in Voden (Edessa) and the surroundings for generations and generations, long before 1912 has ever happened. I can track it back even before 1800. For the other half I can admit that I’m not Macedonian. But I can reassure you that all of my relatives that live in Bitola, Skopje and Belgrade also identify themselves as Macedonian from Voden. For us this is de facto.

-Rogi wrote:” John, do you have children? Are they Italian? You do base your identity on Geography don't you?”

Rogi, do you believe that any of us can really be a direct descendant from Macedonians, Greeks or whatever? Is it possible? After so many centuries of different influences? I’m not basing my identity on Geography but on my grandparents words. Two of them were speaking only Turkish, the other two only Macedonian. Yet, all of them identified themselves as Greeks.
                            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• johnMKD
                              • Apr 2010

daniel the great wrote:"johnMKD you sound brainwashed buddy, spend some more time in this forum and you will learn something."

This is what I'm planning to do, friend
                              Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

I cannot say that I have no Turkish blood in my vains, as you cannot deny that you might have Greek in yours. After so many centuries we have become all of us a mixture like "achtarma" (sorry but I don't know how to spell the turkish word).

Well, i never said that i am "%100 Turk" and i would never ever say that whole my life. On the other hand, you said that you are "%100 Greek".

I currently live in Italy, but I'm 100% Greek, of which 50% Macedonian, 25% Cappadocian and 25% Ionian (Asia Minor).
                                So, this means that you are either brainwashed to say that you are %100 Greek OR you think that being %100 Greek requires to have half Macedonian and half Anatolian parents???? Which one??
                                You gotta be more reasonable and logic in your statements "komshu"...

I’m not basing my identity on Geography but on my grandparents words. Two of them were speaking only Turkish, the other two only Macedonian. Yet, all of them identified themselves as Greeks.
                                AND you never thought why they claimed to be Greek even tough they were only speaking Turkish and Macedonian??? Isn't that weird to you?

* Don`t you know the Greek policy towards Anatolian, Macedonian, Albanian people between 1915 to 1950s???

* Don`t you know that people at western Thrace thrown into jails even at 1990s cuz they said they are not Greeks but Turks???

* Don`t you know that speaking Turkish or Macedonian was outlawed in Greece `till 1950s???

I can continue if you want.....

P. S : No offense JohnMKD but guys, do you see this?? He says that his parents could only speak Turkish and Macedonian with roots from Voden, Skopje, Cappadocia, Izmir BUT yet again, he said that he is "%100 pure Greek" !!!! 20th century`s biggest lie must be the "Hellenism", i am %100 sure about that. This is even more fantastical myth than Homer`s Odyssey. Even in Odyssey, there was some truth in it but is there any in 20th century Hellenism???
                                Last edited by Onur; 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X