X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droog
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Interesting information Droog, do you have a source to it?

Welcome to our forum!
    Kolokotronis's marriage and engagement deals

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Thank you, to read them just click on the text written above(note to readers).
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Epirot
        • Mar 2010

The Wikipedia's article edited by Greek nationalists regarding Theodoros Kolokotronis is really irritating:

Theodoros Kolokotronis (Greek: Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) (3 April 1770 – 4 February 1843) was a Greek Field Marshal and one of the leaders of the Greek War of Independence against the Ottoman Empire.
        It is funny that Greek editors have not used not a single reference or footnote in the chapter of his origin and early life. Of course they do not posses any proof to back up their claim...that Kolokotronis was Greek

Here I got some worthy infos about him:

He was born on 3 April 1770 in the old Messina. Even in his young age, he was joined to the insurgents in mountains. He spent all of his life among Albanians, regardless if they were Muslims or Christians. Kolokotroni considered as his own brothers, Marko Bocari and Ali Farmaqi. Almost all of his followers were Albanians from Morea and Chameria. The nickname 'Kolokotron' is just a simple translation of Albanian expression "Bythëguri" (a word which is understood by every Albanian), and that title bore his grandfather. The surname of his family was in fact "Çergjini" ("Çer" in old Albanian means 'clever, intelligent, skillful', while 'Gjin' is an medieval Christian Albanian name).
        IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
          The Wikipedia's article edited by Greek nationalists regarding Theodoros Kolokotronis is really irritating:

It is funny that Greek editors have not used not a single reference or footnote in the chapter of his origin and early life. Of course they do not posses any proof to back up their claim...that Kolokotronis was Greek

Here I got some worthy infos about him:

He was born on 3 April 1770 in the old Messina. Even in his young age, he was joined to the insurgents in mountains. He spent all of his life among Albanians, regardless if they were Muslims or Christians. Kolokotroni considered as his own brothers, Marko Bocari and Ali Farmaqi. Almost all of his followers were Albanians from Morea and Chameria. The nickname 'Kolokotron' is just a simple translation of Albanian expression "Bythëguri" (a word which is understood by every Albanian), and that title bore his grandfather. The surname of his family was in fact "Çergjini" ("Çer" in old Albanian means 'clever, intelligent, skillful', while 'Gjin' is an medieval Christian Albanian name).
          Epirot what is the source?
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Epirot
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
            Epirot what is the source?
            Sorry TM, I forgot to add the link:

In fact the basic text is written in Albanian, so I translated (perhaps not good in quality) in English. Although the quoted article contains no reference or bibliography, I guess it is chiefly based on Aristidh Kola's book 'Albanians and origin of the Greeks'.

If one reads the biographies of each Albanian revolutionary hero who contributed unsparingly in the most of anti-Ottoman uprisings, he will notice that all of them have been killed in suspicious circumstances. I do not think this has been a merely coincidence. From later developments, it seem that they were eliminated by a deliberate policy of Phanariotes, who aimed to get the glory for themselves....
            Last edited by Epirot; 10-12-2011, 10:59 AM.
            IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• fatso
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
              Sorry TM, I forgot to add the link:

In fact the basic text is written in Albanian, so I translated (perhaps not good in quality) in English. Although the quoted article contains no reference or bibliography, I guess it is chiefly based on Aristidh Kola's book 'Albanians and origin of the Greeks'.

If one reads the biographies of each of Albanian revolutionary heroes who contributed unsparingly in the most of anti-Ottoman uprisings, he will notice that all of them have been killed in suspicious circumstances. I do not think this has been a merely coincidence. From later developments, it seem that they were eliminated by a deliberate policy of Phanariotes, who aimed to get the glory for themselves....
              We were in Naftpleon a beautiful port built by the Venetians. Our tour guide accidently mentioned Koloko troni was from Albanian ethnicity.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Did anybody question him about it?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• cultea
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fatso View Post
                  We were in Naftpleon a beautiful port built by the Venetians. Our tour guide accidently mentioned Koloko troni was from Albanian ethnicity.
                  I have a friend, who while visiting Nauplion, saw a UFO (really). These two incidents may be related.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Did anybody question him about it?
                  I find your surprise hilarious. Did you also discover that only this forum is aware of this "fact"?

Comment

• fatso
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
                    I have a friend, who while visiting Nauplion, saw a UFO (really). These two incidents may be related.

I find your surprise hilarious. Did you also discover that only this forum is aware of this "fact"?
                    Cultea , the tour guide may have been Albanian . I'm not sure, but I kid my wife about it till today, because her mothers family speaks Arvanitika from Evia.

No one questionedthe tour guide

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

I find that modern greeks have become the most distinguished ufologists concerning aliens, ufo's, and their quite contrary to reality history. Of course Kolokotroni is a hellene! Just like Botsaris. Just like Boubalina. Just like Miaulis. Just like Kolletis. Just like Tzavellas. Just like.....My lord so many Albanians and a Vlach. Wasn't one of the football stadiums (Olimpiacos) named after a Gypsy hero of the war for independence? Nah. He was greek. At least the Filiki Etaria used romaic secret passwords in their organization. No no. That's not true either. They used Albanian words. Gosh this is most confusing. Odyseus Androutsas was a hellene though! No no I forgot he was an Albanian too.

I guess some facts hurt some of our national feelings.

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Why is it so important for the Greeks that anyone that has lived and died within the borders of modern Greece must be a Greek since time began, why is this so?
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

At what point in my previous post do I appear suprised? Your insinuation is hilarious, pathetically hilarious. What "fact" are you talking about? That Kolokotronis was an Albanian?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• fatso
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Why is it so important for the Greeks that anyone that has lived and died within the borders of modern Greece must be a Greek since time began, why is this so?
                            I don't think most Greeks care. Some on the other hand ..well your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

• cultea
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                              I find that modern greeks have become the most distinguished ufologists concerning aliens, ufo's, and their quite contrary to reality history. Of course Kolokotroni is a hellene! Just like Botsaris. Just like Boubalina. Just like Miaulis. Just like Kolletis. Just like Tzavellas. Just like.....My lord so many Albanians and a Vlach. Wasn't one of the football stadiums (Olimpiacos) named after a Gypsy hero of the war for independence? Nah. He was greek. At least the Filiki Etaria used romaic secret passwords in their organization. No no. That's not true either. They used Albanian words. Gosh this is most confusing. Odyseus Androutsas was a hellene though! No no I forgot he was an Albanian too.
                              Markos Botsaris was a Souliote, so was his rival Kitsos Tzavellas (or Tsavellas).
                              Andreas Vokos (Miaoulis) was an Arvanite (from Hydra, his family originating from Fylla, Euboia).
                              Laskarina Pinotsi (Bouboulina) was also an Arvanite from Hydra.
                              Ioannis Kolletis was a Vlach from Syrrako, Ioannina.

Odysseus Androutsos was not an Arvanite, neither Theodoros Kolokotronis or Georgios Karaiskakis.
                              Androutsos was born in Ithaca (thus he was properly named Odysseus) but his mother was from Preveza and his father from Livanates, Pthiotis and had further ancestry from Zalynthos, partly of noble Italian roots.

Kolokotronis was born in Messenia but both his parents came from Arcadia. His family tree is known up to 5 generations before him (when his forefathers had the surnames Tserginis and Botsikas) and until today (7 generations after him); his family must have given more than a hundred army officers. He was not an Arvanite and, by the way, he was very short (though well built and fearless) and quite famous for that, so beware of English journals of… 1890s that describe him as… a tall Albanian. Overall, he was the most popular among the Heroes of the Revolution, and he lived enough to be honoured, enjoy this fame, speak of his life and leave a big family. There are no big mysteries about his life or origins (as in the cases of Karaiskakis or Diakos)

Karaiskakis is a popular national hero who has been honoured in various ways. The football stadium “Karaiskakis” took his name because it lies at the exact point where he lost his life. I already told you in an older discussion that he was not a gypsy. Yet, he was a bastard child, generally believed to be the son of Dimitris Iskos (Karaiskos). It seems that both his parents were Sarakatsani. Actually, an alternative theory wants Arapogiannis (another Sarakatsani) to be his father.

Quite many things are known about the codes and passwords of the Society of Friends, a Free Mason Society that followed similar conspiratorial rules. They had some code terms and ways to change the order of letters etc but I don’t know anything about Albanian passwords.

One of the best UFO websites is Greek.
                              Last edited by cultea; 10-14-2011, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

Markos Botsaris was a Souliote, so was his rival Kitsos Tzavellas (or Tsavellas).
                                Andreas Vokos (Miaoulis) was an Arvanite (from Hydra, his family originating from Fylla, Euboia).
                                Laskarina Pinotsi (Bouboulina) was also an Arvanite from Hydra.
                                Ioannis Kolletis was a Vlach from Syrrako, Ioannina.

Odysseus Androutsos was not an Arvanite, neither Theodoros Kolokotronis or Georgios Karaiskakis.
                                Androutsos was born in Ithaca (thus he was properly named Odysseus) but his mother was from Preveza and his father from Livanates, Pthiotis and had further ancestry from Zalynthos, partly of noble Italian roots.

Kolokotronis was born in Messenia but both his parents came from Arcadia. His family tree is known up to 5 generations before him (when his forefathers had the surnames Tserginis and Botsikas) and until today (7 generations after him); his family must have given more than a hundred army officers. He was not an Arvanite and, by the way, he was very short (though well built and fearless) and quite famous for that, so beware of English journals of… 1890s that describe him as… a tall Albanian. Overall, he was the most popular among the Heroes of the Revolution, and he lived enough to be honoured, enjoy this fame, speak of his life and leave a big family. There are no big mysteries about his life or origins (as in the cases of Karaiskakis or Diakos)

Karaiskakis is a popular national hero who has been honoured in various ways. The football stadium “Karaiskakis” took his name because it lies at the exact point where he lost his life. I already told you in an older discussion that he was not a gypsy. Yet, he was a bastard child, generally believed to be the son of Dimitris Iskos (Karaiskos). It seems that both his parents were Sarakatsani. Actually, an alternative theory wants Arapogiannis (another Sarakatsani) to be his father.

Quite many things are known about the codes and passwords of the Society of Friends, a Free Mason Society that followed similar conspiratorial rules. They had some code terms and ways to change the order of letters etc but I don’t know anything about Albanian passwords.

One of the best UFO websites is Greek.
                                http://www.hyper.net/ufo.html
                                It's ok to say that Botsaris was Albanian as well as Tzavellas. No need to try to circumvent the obvious.

As for Karaskaikis Finlay believed he was a gypsy. Who knows how many other gypsies were part of the war for independence.

And the evidence for Kolokotroni being an Albanian are all in this topic. I would ask people to review from page one and onward again.

Comment

Working...
                                X