X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

Will this chapter no open the future for a Macedonian National Airline Service

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

I have found in recent years Skopje airport to be easy. I've always cruised past customs and immigration without a problem while they stop and hassle all the shiptari. This year, the customs people were even PLEASANT to me and wished me a good day and a great trip. Miracles do happen!

As far as the airport goes, I'm so glad they've brought in air bridges and we don't have to walk on the tarmac anymore.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        ATG Airport is now one of the most modern airports in the Balkans, it has a passenger capacity that puts it amongst the top airports in the Balkans, this is a huge opportunity for Macedonia to attract both tourists and transit passengers.
        The government has to attract more airlines to ATG to position it as a regional hub but the point of difference between ATG and other airports in the Balkans must be a genuine focus on excellent customer service.

Regarding Pelisters comments about improving NW Macedonia, I think the government has to focus on relocating or establishing high profile government offices in the region, things like military colleges, large military baracks or police headquarters.
        The government has to create a sense of 'control' in these regions...build it and they will come...

They have planted a military barracks in the Jegunovce Municaplity near Tetovo. It is the only one of two municipalities in the entire Tetovo valley where one can find more than one Macedonian village. It has 6 Macedonian villages, and 2 Albanian villages yet due to the size of the villages the Albanians number about 50 per cent. Putting a military barracks here is important, but more importantly the Macedonian villages need to be built up, otherwise in 30 years time the Albanians will run away with it by sheer numbers.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
          I have found in recent years Skopje airport to be easy. I've always cruised past customs and immigration without a problem while they stop and hassle all the shiptari. This year, the customs people were even PLEASANT to me and wished me a good day and a great trip. Miracles do happen!

As far as the airport goes, I'm so glad they've brought in air bridges and we don't have to walk on the tarmac anymore.
          Last time I was there was 2 years ago. On entering, customs tried to take some of my stuff and on exiting the woman working at the Austrian Airlines counter tried to tell me that I still owed $50 - even though I had paid for my flights in full before leaving Australia. I told them both where to go. Neither was willing to pursue the matter, indicating that what they were doing was illegal...
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

I found Macedonian customs to be the easiest to get through, and the most pleasant, including passport control on our way back into Skopje from Turkey. I found the bored woman on her personal call in the general information counter rude and condescending when I asked for directions.
            Unfortunately was not able to experience the new airport building or facilities we did not fly out of Macedonia for Oz, and ATG was opened last week
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
              I found Macedonian customs to be the easiest to get through, and the most pleasant, including passport control on our way back into Skopje from Turkey. I found the bored woman on her personal call in the general information counter rude and condescending when I asked for directions.Unfortunately was not able to experience the new airport building or facilities we did not fly out of Macedonia for Oz, and ATG was opened last week
              That's the challenge for not just the staff at ATG Airport but throughout the tourism sector in Macedonia. Excellent customer focus has to be a priority if Macedonia is to have a prosperous and viable tourist industry.

Comment

Working...
              X