Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Very soon a man emerged from a pile of branches and came near us. He looked nervous and confused and hesitated in his speech. "Please," I said, "Tell us, are you Christian bandits of Turks?"
    "Oh," he said "We are a mixture of faiths and nationalities. Among us are Bulgarians and Albanians, Serbs and Macedonians. We even have a Jew with us. But we are no bandits. You shall know very soon why you were captured."
    The unpublished memoirs of Madame Tsilka who was kidnapped along with the infamous Miss Ellen Stone. Date is 1901. The man Tsilka wrote about was none other than Jane Sandanski.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• I of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

The Macedonian committee is the strongest unauthorised political organisation in the world. No more striking evidence is needed to show that it controls the entire government at Sofia than the fact that the murders of Bulgarian officials perpetrated by its agents go practically unpunished.
      However, further in the article one would notice that despite the Macedonian cry in quotations (see below) the religious system (Millet) is followed to identify the Macedonians nationality. In other words don’t listen to how the Macedonians identify themselves just ignore them all together…typical.

In spite of the cry of the Macedonian Revolutionary Committee “Macedonia for the Macedonians,” that Turkish province is actually inhabited by Bulgarians, Greeks, Servians…. In addition to the question of nationality is one of religion
      New York Times, Feb 15 1903
      No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Serdarot
        • Feb 2010

1596, Nomenclator omnium rerum propria nomina septem diversis linguis explicata ...
        Von Adrian de Jonge Junius

(a)EdeSSa - Macedonian - > Vodena

published in year1596

Valona / Velona, Macedonian City and Name

Elyma / Kanina

or this

Last edited by Serdarot; 02-20-2010, 07:16 AM.
        Bratot:
        Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• I of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Bump, worth reading again.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

This is a good thread, and absolutely worth another read.

I of Macedon, do you have a link for the below quotes, or at least a reference so I can know in which texts to look for them?
            Originally posted by I of Macedon View Post
            “Mother Macedonia is very weakened. After she gave birth to the great Alexander, after she bore Saints Cyril and Methodius, since those labours mother Macedonia lays on her bed terribly exhausted. But a mother that bore such sons, in the future will bear others like them…She will produce many other Cyrils and Methodiuses, who will be the beacons of light of our schools and pillars of our faith and will restore the fame of the Macedonian name!”

Gligor Prlichev, Macedonian Poet, intellectual and activist, 1885

“Consider, dear children, the great Tsar Alexander, whom we venerate until the present day!”

Marko Tsepenkov, Folklore compiler, 1899

“There at Pindus and Shar, at Struma and Vardar where everything is covered by deep wounds, noble descendants of the Great Alexander, are fighting heroically against centuries long tyranny.”

Peter Zagorov, Poet, 1903
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• I of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              This is a good thread, and absolutely worth another read.

I of Macedon, do you have a link for the below quotes, or at least a reference so I can know in which texts to look for them?
              Aleksander Donski - The descendants of Alexander the Great of Macedon... pages 229 - 233

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Can you scan and post the pages here? Does it tell in which particular texts from Prlichev and Tsepenkov that these quotes come from?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Can you scan and post the pages here? Does it tell in which particular texts from Prlichev and Tsepenkov that these quotes come from?
                  IoM or anybody else that has Donski's book, can you scan the relevant pages and post them here?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

page 13

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Chicho Makedonski
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by I of Macedon View Post

19th century

My father during our childhood was telling us many tales, some of them about King Marko and about Tsar Alexander – Alexander the Great. Kuzman Shapkarev collector and recorder of Macedonian folklore
                      Is there any source for the Shapkarev statement?

Also I read a while back, someone on another platform said Shapkarev had poems about the Macedonian kingdom of Alexander and how his descendants have to fight for their liberty once more. But I can’t remember where I read it.

Does anyone have any other statements from Shapkarev about Macedonian ancestors?

Comment

Working...
                      X