X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Greeks displayed Turkish habits in the not so distant past

Funny coming from one of their own especially about the Albanian kilt part and their women covering their bodies like muslim women
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

TM
    Excellent find, even the bottom paragraph speaks volumes about these liars and thieves!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Romilly Jenkins questioned the "Ethnic Truth" of Greeks. Of course he did!
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Akzion
        Banned
        • Nov 2010

In the nineteenth century… women followed the Muslim tradition of covering themselves up, including the face and eyes.
        Uh.. if this means they couldn’t see where they were going, (explains why women of Souli, fell from the cliff to escape from Turks) the answer is NO.
        If it means they were wearing a vale, the answer is NO.
        If he means they were covering all of their face, except for the eyes, the answer is NO again.
        Maybe this guy saw the Muslim women. Where do you find these books?
        Here’s a variety of Greek dresses from 15th to 19th Century. All dresses were covering the legs and hair. Some were covering the neck, while other had revealing cleavage. You may find these pictures interesting (includes 5 or 6… unexpected Macedonian dresses). We are accustomed to later dresses (the ones we now call traditional) but I’m sure you’re not familiar with earlier ones (e.g. 16th, 17th centuries)
        http://kleftouria.blogspot.com/2010/06/15-18_14.html (16th Century)
        (Macedonian dresses 1st and 4th from top to bottom)
        http://kleftouria.blogspot.com/2010/06/15-18_15.html (18th Century)
        http://kleftouria.blogspot.com/2010/06/15-18_18.html (16th Century)
        (Macedonian dresses 4th, 12th, 13th from top to bottom)
        http://kleftouria.blogspot.com/2010/06/15-18.html (15th, 16th, 18th Century)
        Last edited by Akzion; 11-30-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

There is one fundamental mistake about the conception of Greeks, whether ancient or modern by the western Europeans. Especially the 18-19th century western European scholars had this misconception.

First of all, Greeks didn't became "orientalized" by the Turks because they already had oriental culture. Today, we know that most of the eastern Roman empire`s political system was taken from ancient Persians. So, Byzantine empire was not a western empire. Orthodoxy is an oriental sect of christianity too. I cannot say that ancient Greeks had western culture either. Already in the era of ancient Greeks, there was no such a thing called "western culture". All the world was eastern only at that time, nothing else. IMHO, western Europeans started to relate them as a part of western culture after early 18th century but they were always belonged to the east, not west.

If we look at today, modern Greeks doesn't have western culture either. I don't see them any different than us, Turks or any other Balkan state. So, to me, neither Balkans nor Anatolia was never a part of western culture throughout history.
          Last edited by Onur; 11-30-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Ottoman
            Banned
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            There is one fundamental mistake about the conception of Greeks, whether ancient or modern by the western Europeans. Especially the 18-19th century western European scholars had this misconception.

First of all, Greeks didn't became "orientalized" by the Turks because they already had oriental culture. Today, we know that most of the eastern Roman empire`s political system was taken from ancient Persians. So, Byzantine empire was not a western empire. Orthodoxy is an oriental sect of christianity too. I cannot say that ancient Greeks had western culture either. Already in the era of ancient Greeks, there was no such a thing called "western culture". All the world was eastern only at that time, nothing else. IMHO, western Europeans started to relate them as a part of western culture after early 18th century but they were always belonged to the east, not west.

If we look at today, modern Greeks doesn't have western culture either. I don't see them any different than us, Turks or any other Balkan state. So, to me, neither Balkans nor Anatolia was never a part of western culture throughout history.
            So true mate, I agree with you.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Culture, Civilization, and Demarcation at the Northwest Borders of Greece by Laurie Kain Hart - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...1.196/abstract

It seems that no matter how hard they try they simply cannot "block" things about their past out. The racist animals that live in modern "greece" should all read about their Albanian ancestors and the Turkish culture they enjoyed (and continue to enjoy today by masking it with a false "hellenic" label).

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Today, we know that most of the eastern Roman empire`s political system was taken from ancient Persians.
                Onur I have never heard of this. Do you mean they adopted this system in sequential empirical order (From Persian to Macedonian, to Roman, to East Roman, etc) or do you mean that the East Roman's decided on the Persian system?

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                  Onur I have never heard of this. Do you mean they adopted this system in sequential empirical order (From Persian to Macedonian, to Roman, to East Roman, etc) or do you mean that the East Roman's decided on the Persian system?
                  I believe, the western civilization, truly separate from eastern one, starts with the foundation of Catholic church in Roman Empire, not with the ancient Greeks.

You know, eastern world civilized 1000s of years b4 western world. It starts with Sumerians after 5000 BC and then to Persians after 1500 BC and to ancient Greeks etc. Today, you can find Sumerian words, legends, stories and habits in many cultures and even in old, new testaments and then Koran. Also Persians ruled ancient Anatolian people for a long time and they have definitely influenced each other. We have several ancient monuments in Turkey, which shows the cultural exchange of ancient Greeks and Persians.

Roman Empire adopted the customs, laws, habits and even the language script of Etruscans, who were eastern people again cuz Etruscans widely believed and partly proved to be migrated to Tuscany, Italy from Aegean Anatolia by the sea. So i don't separate these cultures from any of those. All are connected and influenced each other.

Western Romans distanced themselves from eastern world after the foundation of Catholic church and then eastern Romans remained in oriental side with their orthodoxy, language, customs and habits.

And yes, you can find ancient Persian elements in politics, law and society of eastern Romans. Then you can also find Persian and eastern Roman elements in Ottoman Empire too.
                  Last edited by Onur; 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• johnMKD
                    • Apr 2010

This is so true, mate. Being far Greece for some years, I have realised that culture-wise, behaviour-wise and even appearance-wise Greeks are much more similar to the Turks, the Balkans, and to the Arabs of the more northern countries like Jordan, Lebanon etc.

There is nothing in common with the Western and Northern Europeans and it's more than obvious.
                    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                      This is so true, mate. Being far Greece for some years, I have realised that culture-wise, behaviour-wise and even appearance-wise Greeks are much more similar to the Turks, the Balkans, and to the Arabs of the more northern countries like Jordan, Lebanon etc.

There is nothing in common with the Western and Northern Europeans and it's more than obvious.
                      I know that some Jordanian and Lebanese are kinda different than the rest of Arabs. Btw, don't forget that Evliya Celebi wrote that there was mass migrations from northern coasts of middle east to the Greece, especially to Crete. Also i know that there are minorities like Circassians, Chechens, Armenians and Turks in both countries.

I can add Slovenia and Croatia to the oriental culture too even tough they are Catholics since they are similar with Serbians and Bosnians beside their catholicism. Even Hungary in central Europe too. I cant say that Hungarians have western European culture even tough they are catholics again but i heard that in latest Euro polls, 60% of Hungarians doesn't believe a god and of which 35% of them believes some kind of life force like shamanism or something, their old religion.

Btw, i believe thats why western Europeans generally despise Balkan people like they despise Turks cuz you are different from them.
                      Last edited by Onur; 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• indigen
                        • May 2009

I believe, the western civilization, truly separate from eastern one, starts with the foundation of Catholic church in Roman Empire, not with the ancient Greeks.

You know, eastern world civilized 1000s of years b4 western world. It starts with Sumerians after 5000 BC and then to Persians after 1500 BC and to ancient Greeks etc. Today, you can find Sumerian words, legends, stories and habits in many cultures and even in old, new testaments and then Koran. Also Persians ruled ancient Anatolian people for a long time and they have definitely influenced each other. We have several ancient monuments in Turkey, which shows the cultural exchange of ancient Greeks and Persians.

Roman Empire adopted the customs, laws, habits and even the language script of Etruscans, who were eastern people again cuz Etruscans widely believed and partly proved to be migrated to Tuscany, Italy from Aegean Anatolia by the sea. So i don't separate these cultures from any of those. All are connected and influenced each other.

Western Romans distanced themselves from eastern world after the foundation of Catholic church and then eastern Romans remained in oriental side with their orthodoxy, language, customs and habits.

And yes, you can find ancient Persian elements in politics, law and society of eastern Romans. Then you can also find Persian and eastern Roman elements in Ottoman Empire too.
                        Macedonia: 10,000 years of Macedonian history,
                        culture and heritage - cradle of European and world
                        civilization!

Britannica: "Macedonia...Old European civilization
                        flourished there between 7000 and 3500 BC."

Historian P. Green: "Macedonia was the first large
                        territorial state with an effective centralized political,
                        military and administrative structure to come into being
                        on the continent of Europe."

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

The Balkans by Mark Mazower

the SHARIA?????? Keep your heads down here grkos and ignore the obvious that shatters any BS myth called "hellenism".

Comment

• Ottoman
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2010

Present day Greece and Turkey are just two similar countries in terms of culture, cuisine and architecture.

It makes sense.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                              Present day Greece and Turkey are just two similar countries in terms of culture, cuisine and architecture.

It makes sense.
                              You can also add Macedonia in that mix minus the bishe ..

YouTube - Macedonian Wedding (REAL ONE) - Famous Pig Dance
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-28-2010, 10:18 AM.
                              http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

Working...
                              X