X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    This day marks 41 years since the death of The Doors' Jim Morrison in the Paris hotel.In his honor one of their most memorable songs,a true blues classic.Glory to you,my man.
    It's amazing how many successful bands were influenced by 'The Doors', including my all time favourite, 'Joy Division' ...

Comment

• Origin
      • Jun 2009

Alot of names have been thrown into the pot, but i can't help but keep coming back to the mack daddy - skip to 2:40ish to have your face melted
      Jimi Hendrix - catfish blues - YouTube
      "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts"

Comment

• Origin
        • Jun 2009

While im at it, here's Zappa from one of his best (read: accessible to non Zappa fans) albums, 'Over Nite Sensation'

Frank Zappa - I'm The Slime (with lyrics) - YouTube
        "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts"

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Yes, the famous Zappa album. Now where did I hear it first ;-)
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Izvini fella’s, been meaning to get back to your posts

Riste
            Re: Roth –Haha, I haven’t seen that clip in a long time, Roth was definitely all about having a good time and not taking things too seriously, I remember when I first heard that bit when Vai was making his guitar "talk", I was blown away

Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Well since we’ve both mentioned it, might as well put it up here for the record, the electrification begins at about 4:55...
            Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free bird - YouTube

Origin
            Ahhhh Zappa, every guitarists favourite extra terrestrial, if I had to pick a favourite piece from that album it would likely be a toss up between Fifty-Fifty and Zombie Woof, the man himself though was insane (in a brilliant way), I remember hearing that the total count for the number of albums he produced was something like 60?, now that’s a collection only for the die hard fans
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
              • Oct 2011

Dragi
              Re: Iron Maiden - Gotta say I’m more of an old school Maiden fan (still think their debut album with Di’Anno on vocals is their best work), although I must admit I enjoyed most of their work up to 85, I think that was the height of Smith and Harris’ work.

I was also pleased to see it when Dickinson and Smith rejoined the band in 2000 and they returned to Brazil to headlined Rock in Rio again. Found this clip from the 2001 Rock in Rio, I get shivers down my spine every time I hear this intro, 250,000 Brazilians singing a guitar melody in unison, the South American’s sure love their metal

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark (Live Rock In Rio 2001) HD - YouTube
              “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Was having a discussion with a fellow the other day regarding rack mounted rigs (I think he was trying to get me to sell him my old VHT power amp) and he was ranting and raving about the new pre-amp/effects processor he just purchased by Fractal (Axe FX II), looks like a whole bunch of artists have jumped on board with endorsements (Vai, Petrucci, and Dweezil Zappa just to name a few). Anyway when trying to find me an example of what it could do we came across these video’s apparently done by a guitar teacher which I think are pretty cool so I thought I might share

(R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part I -Ketil Strand - YouTube
                (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part II-Ketil Strand - YouTube
                (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part 3-Ketil Strand - YouTube
                (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part 4-Ketil Strand - YouTube

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Yes, a guy I jammed with a while back was telling me about his Fractal rig the other day. He swears by it. But truthfully, he never had a great ear for tone in my opinion. Can't beat a real valve amplifier in my opinion.

More importantly, perhaps a minutes silence to mourn the passing of the great John Lord of Deep Purple fame.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Yes, a guy I jammed with a while back was telling me about his Fractal rig the other day. He swears by it. But truthfully, he never had a great ear for tone in my opinion. Can't beat a real valve amplifier in my opinion.

More importantly, perhaps a minutes silence to mourn the passing of the great John Lord of Deep Purple fame.
                    RIP,John Lord wrote and performed the organ riff in one of the greatest songs of all-time,Child In Time.His keyboard skills can only be compared (to some extent) with The Doors' Ray Manzarek.Child In Time is one of only three songs EVER that managed to wet my eyes whenever I hear them (in a positive way).In his honor,10 minutes of pure pleasure

Deep Purple - Child Time - YouTube
                    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                      Dragi
                      Re: Iron Maiden - Gotta say I’m more of an old school Maiden fan (still think their debut album with Di’Anno on vocals is their best work), although I must admit I enjoyed most of their work up to 85, I think that was the height of Smith and Harris’ work.

I was also pleased to see it when Dickinson and Smith rejoined the band in 2000 and they returned to Brazil to headlined Rock in Rio again. Found this clip from the 2001 Rock in Rio, I get shivers down my spine every time I hear this intro, 250,000 Brazilians singing a guitar melody in unison, the South American’s sure love their metal

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark (Live Rock In Rio 2001) HD - YouTube
                      Tome
                      Paul Di'Anno is a great vocal,it's his alcoholism that got him fired from the band.Blaze Bayley wasn't bad either,his vocals in songs like Futureal,Virus,The Clansman,The sign of the cross etc. are mind-blowing,it was the poor sales of "The X factor" and "Virtual XI" that got him fired.In my opinion,their best albums include (Killers and Iron Maiden are there by default) Powerslave,Somewhere in time,Seventh son of a seventh son and Fear of the dark.
                      Iron Maiden-Power Slave - YouTube
                      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                        Was having a discussion with a fellow the other day regarding rack mounted rigs (I think he was trying to get me to sell him my old VHT power amp) and he was ranting and raving about the new pre-amp/effects processor he just purchased by Fractal (Axe FX II), looks like a whole bunch of artists have jumped on board with endorsements (Vai, Petrucci, and Dweezil Zappa just to name a few). Anyway when trying to find me an example of what it could do we came across these video’s apparently done by a guitar teacher which I think are pretty cool so I thought I might share

(R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part I -Ketil Strand - YouTube
                        (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part II-Ketil Strand - YouTube
                        (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part 3-Ketil Strand - YouTube
                        (R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part 4-Ketil Strand - YouTube
                        God damn!
                        I want one!

Great guitarist btw. (Always helps)
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                          RIP,John Lord wrote and performed the organ riff in one of the greatest songs of all-time,Child In Time.His keyboard skills can only be compared (to some extent) with The Doors' Ray Manzarek.Child In Time is one of only three songs EVER that managed to wet my eyes whenever I hear them (in a positive way).In his honor,10 minutes of pure pleasure
                          Pure pleasure indeed! Awesome.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Risto, are you going to the Adelaide Guitar Festival...?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

One of the guys I used to play out with puts on a show at the guitar festival. I have been promising to go for a couple of years now. If you come, it will be my pleasure to show you around.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                One of the guys I used to play out with puts on a show at the guitar festival. I have been promising to go for a couple of years now. If you come, it will be my pleasure to show you around.
                                Thanks for the invite brother, probably not this year but maybe next...?
                                Looking through the program, it looks like a great event.

Comment

Working...
                                X