Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatso
    • Sep 2008

Greece won't do much at the world cup. Their future is bright, but with guys like Haristeas in the line up they are good as dead.
    Macedonian team has some good young talent ...they need a good disciplined coach.

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      Definitely a good result coming away with a tie in Tehran. Iran is a decent side with an enormous talent pool to select players from. However, friendlies imo, can be decieving as there is nothing on the line. Still, a good result.

As for losing to Albania, dont put too much into it. Could Macedonia beat Greece in a meaningful match? Of course they could. Would they be favored? definitely not.

Football is a game where 1 goal usually decides the winner. The ball is round, and does not choose which way it bounces. It doesnt play favorites - ever. Anyone can win on any given day. The greeks won a Euro for christs sake, if that isnt evidence enough that anyone can win, than I dont know what is.

You see Prolet, alot of people overate the Greek NT. yes they won a Euro, and yes they have made 3 of the last 4 major tournaments (Euros/WC). But lets not forget, Greece was nowhere in terms of world football prior to about 10 yrs ago when otto Rehaggel took over as coach. They can be beaten on any given day by anyone. The opposite is also true though- Greece when on their game could potentially upset the 'powers' as they have done before.

Greece has lost to teams such as Albania, tied Moldova and barely beat Kazakstan a few yrs ago. Greece has also defeated France, Czeks, Portugal and Russia. Macedonia, if im not mistaken, has got positive results against England and Holland, but have tied or lost to shittier teams as well.

Whats my point?
      simple - impossible is nothing
      Come kick-off, anything can happen. Nothing that happened before means a damn thing, only the 90 minutes that lie ahead.

Also Prolet, and anyone else for that matter, what do you think about the manner in which Ireland was eliminated from next yrs WC? Looks to be a blatent handball by Thierry Henri in the box that led to the goal. Ireland is appealing for a replay of the game, but FIFA has denied them.
      What should happen in instances like this where a team gets screwed overf wuith so much on the line?

heres the play -

absolutely heartbreaking for the Irish.

Everything you said is true, but one thing is sure in sports, if you don't invest in young talents and sport conditions in your country, you can't be expecting shit to happen!

Here is a nice site for you, Thiery Henry as handball player

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fatso View Post
        Greece won't do much at the world cup. Their future is bright, but with guys like Haristeas in the line up they are good as dead.
        That depends on your definition of 'much'. Lets see our group before making any predictions.
        Charisteas rarely plays now anyways, but when he does, he is still a very dangerous aerial threat (if Otto would play him centrally).
        Last edited by Spartan; 11-23-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          Everything you said is true, but one thing is sure in sports, if you don't invest in young talents and sport conditions in your country, you can't be expecting shit to happen!
          Good post, and I fully agree. Football is a young mans game, and thus youngsters must be developed for long term success. Thats what amazes me about Croatia, for such a small population, they truly get the best out of their youth.
          Here is a nice site for you, Thiery Henry as handball player

http://www.jeu-de-main.com/
          GOLD!!!!!
          That is too funny

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Its not realy football, but a nice Goal by the Macedonian Keeper

YouTube - Serbia vs. Macedonia - Funny goal
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Spartan
              • Sep 2008

Cmon Bill!, make your own thread.
              This is the Spartans FOOTball thread!!!

just joking mate
              Dont know much about handball, but thats a pretty sick goal

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

I agree with the Bratot & Spartan the game can be just luck or skill or bit of both.Could be the right person at the time etcIn the end May the Best Team Win.Everyone should enjoy themselves.There is nothing better than a good hard game.If some countries get eliminated well they can come back stronger next time.You can't win all the time.(Ubless you are somekind of Alexander THe GReat of soccer)I still can't beleive it that one man Pele can single handedly take the whole team by himself wow eh.
                Last edited by George S.; 11-27-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

This is a good one, The Slovenians giving it to the Croats for not making the world cup.

Zrinski, What are your thoughts about that?

YouTube - Slovenci se smiju Hrvatima radi neodlaska na SP u Afriku 2010
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

This has hapened only recently. The problem for this Keeper is theres no where to hide. Can you imagine the shit he copped from behind the Goal. lol

YouTube - Jurgen Sierens (RSC Anderlecht - SV Roeselare 2-0) blunder/stupid own-goal.mp4

Comment

• Wanderer
                      • Nov 2009

Guys,do you know Toni Savevski?I think he is past Macedonian player.Plus,he used to play for AEK Athens FC.Very charismatic player.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                        Guys,do you know Toni Savevski?I think he is past Macedonian player.Plus,he used to play for AEK Athens FC.Very charismatic player.
                        Dam good player. If its the one i'm thinking of. By coincidence or not, he always seemed to be injured prior to an international call up.

Comment

• Wanderer
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          Dam good player. If its the one i'm thinking of. By coincidence or not, he always seemed to be injured prior to an international call up.
                          He is by far among the best foreign midfielders ever played to Greek League.Very stable and a real ''dog'' inside the pitch.He was running all the field,without stopping.Though I was little kid back then,I wont forget his goal at Glasgow(1994) versus Rangers.A goal that sent us to Champions League,for first time.

I think now,he is a youth coach in AEK Athens FC.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                            He is by far among the best foreign midfielders ever played to Greek League.Very stable and a real ''dog'' inside the pitch.He was running all the field,without stopping.Though I was little kid back then,I wont forget his goal at Glasgow(1994) versus Rangers.A goal that sent us to Champions League,for first time.

I think now,he is a youth coach in AEK Athens FC.
                            Well the last sentance answered what was going to be my next question. Greece is where the money is. I know of this one guy from a village in Bitola who played for a local league in northern Greece and gets 500 euros a week. It might not sound much to you, but For Macedonians, you could live a kings life. lol

Comment

• Wanderer
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              Well the last sentance answered what was going to be my next question. Greece is where the money is. I know of this one guy from a village in Bitola who played for a local league in northern Greece and gets 500 euros a week. It might not sound much to you, but For Macedonians, you could live a kings life. lol
                              Its logical.When I wont have to eat,I wont care much about nationalities and names.You understand what I say?You cant criticise them.They just make money for a better living.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

There is another Macedonian named Georgi Hristov i last remembered playing for a second division club i think called Niki volus. He used to play for Barnsley in the English premier leugue. Until he was asked to leave under the most amazing circumstances. He was interviewed by the British Media and a question was put to him, what does he think of the local (english) girls. Now this is where honesty does not pay. Georgi's reply was, "the Balkan Girls are Better. They are pretyer, don't get drunk and slut around," and something more was said along those lines. There was an uproar in the UK and he had to leave the country. True story.

Comment

Working...
                                X