Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 05-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #1821
Stobi

Stobi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I've come across Macedonians who feel close kindred to Serbs. I can imagine some might feel compelled to defend Serbian honour against Croatians. Wonders never cease. I'd categorise that as something akin to being an abused housewife looking for love in all the wrong places.

Croatians and Macedonians are natural allies.
I use to play for Melbourne Knights reserves and the respect as a Macedonian was always at a high level.
Stobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #1822
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobi View Post
I use to play for Melbourne Knights reserves and the respect as a Macedonian was always at a high level.
Historically been a close connection between Preston [Makedonia] Lions and Melbourne [Croatia] Knights - particularly in the 1990s. These days it is not so much, as the supporter group at Knights (Melbourne Croatia Fans) are in a brotherhood with the Sydney United Supporters, who are not the biggest fans of Macedonians
Old 05-28-2021, 09:12 PM   #1823
Stobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Historically been a close connection between Preston [Makedonia] Lions and Melbourne [Croatia] Knights - particularly in the 1990s. These days it is not so much, as the supporter group at Knights (Melbourne Croatia Fans) are in a brotherhood with the Sydney United Supporters, who are not the biggest fans of Macedonians
That is hard to believe, maybe some of the supporters but the older supporters i know from my playing days are all fond of Macedonians.

The current president is a great friend of Macedonians and the treasurer of the club is Macedonian.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:22 PM   #1824
Carlin

Carlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud of

EURO Macedonian jerseys unveiled:

https://twitter.com/MacedonianFooty/...45400545943553
https://twitter.com/MacedonianFooty/...68813792137231
Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:53 AM   #1825
Liberator of Makedonija

Quote:
That is hard to believe, maybe some of the supporters but the older supporters i know from my playing days are all fond of Macedonians.

The current president is a great friend of Macedonians and the treasurer of the club is Macedonian.
Are you speaking of Sydney United? Because SUS have made it very clear how they feel about Macedonians.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:27 AM   #1826
Stobi

Quote:
Are you speaking of Sydney United? Because SUS have made it very clear how they feel about Macedonians.
I have no idea about SU, i was talking about Knights.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:24 PM   #1827
Liberator of Makedonija

Quote:
I have no idea about SU, i was talking about Knights.
Knights and Preston historically been close but couple years ago was a period when Knights fans were throwing stickers over Preston (a mark of disrespect). One day we arrived at our stadium to find Knights fans had come in at night to put their stickers around the ground.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:42 AM   #1828
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Knights and Preston historically been close but couple years ago was a period when Knights fans were throwing stickers over Preston (a mark of disrespect). One day we arrived at our stadium to find Knights fans had come in at night to put their stickers around the ground.
LoL something Greeks would do to severe ties between Croats and Macedonians

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:51 AM   #1829
Liberator of Makedonija

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRO View Post
LoL something Greeks would do to severe ties between Croats and Macedonians
No one from Melbourne Croatia Fans (MCF, Knights supports group) ever clarified it to Preston as far as I know. I feel personally older Macedonians still hold to the strong footballing links with the Croatian community but I do not believe that are still there as there has been little dialogue between the communities in the last decade and some pretty anti-Macedonian jargon has surfaced from fans of Croatian clubs in Australia - I know there are some Croatian football fans who support the Albanian clubs and troll Macedonians like Preston for example.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #1830
Carlin

Carlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud of

Macedonia's Euro 2020 Kits Were So Bad They Immediately Apologised And Changed Them

URL:
https://www.sportbible.com/football/...logis-20210607

Macedonia's kits for the Euros were met with such negativity that the federation issued an apology and changed them back in an instance.

The country are making their debut at the European Championships this month and unveiled a new set of kits to mark the appearance at the tournament.

But the home strip, made by German brand Jako, caused a massive stir with supporters because it was predominantly burgundy and looked like something you'd expect Portugal to wear.

The nation's flag is red and yellow, hence the monumental backlash the new shirt received.

And a very swift backtrack from the Football Federation of Macedonia (FFM) followed a day later when a full apology was released and a request was made to UEFA for the Lynxes to wear their old kits at the Euros instead.

"First of all, I express my sincere regret for the negative reactions that were caused by the color of the new jersey. We are aware that the national team jersey is an honor and ambition of every football player from an early age," FFM president Muamed Sejdini said, as translated.

"The national team jersey was prepared with great joy at the request of the players. The team was looking for new national team jerseys. We wanted to meet that requirement."

"Unfortunately, the technical support regarding the color of the jersey is not in accordance with the requirements of FFM. The federation and the services in FFM take full responsibility for this choice, but will also demand responsibility from the technical partner."

"As president of the federation, I take my responsibility for possible consequences and announce that at the European Championship we will play with the current jerseys."

Igor Angelovski's side kick off their Euro 2020 campaign against Austria on 13 June and will also take on Ukraine and Netherlands in Group C.

As per DW.com, the team's kit manager Viktor Velevski has said he is preparing 250 shirts for the squad and that should see them through "all the way to the final."
Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote