X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
    Its nice to see interest in classics being reapproached in different styles and themes, but to be honest, I can't say I'm personally a big fan of the Bollywood style makeovers this group has been producing. The only one I'd say I think they did a half decent job so far on is Ja Izlezi Gjurgjo.
    I hate to admit it Tomche but I tend to agree with you there. I'm not a big fan of the whole Bollywood style makeovers either. Ja Izlezi Gjurgo was original and it just worked. The remake was and is simply beautiful. I still watch it whenever I get the chance. I'm afraid their subsequent efforts try too hard to follow a similar formula which doesn't quite work as well as it did for Ja Izlezi Gjurgo. The songs don't seem quite as natural and come across, to be perfectly frank, quite cheesy. But, then again, maybe we're just a couple of old cynics that are just impossible to please.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
      The songs don't seem quite as natural and come across, to be perfectly frank, quite cheesy. But, then again, maybe we're just a couple of old cynics that are just impossible to please.
      Yeah you’re probably not wrong there, I must admit when it comes to the old tunes I’m more of a traditionalist so modern takes dont usually tend to hit the right mark with me.

I think with these guys though, they tend to sacrifice too much of the natural flow and pace of the melody in their attempts to add more grandeur to the verses. Tоше seemed to strike a good balance with that kind of theme in his album Божилак, but I think these guys seem to lean too much towards the theatrical and lose the “forest for the trees” if you get what I mean.
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
        • Oct 2011

Speaking of which, although I’m sure it’s probably been posted previously, I think this is a good example of how to add grandeur to a classic and get the balance right:

Tоше - Јовано, Јованке

“There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

I have to disagree with you old timers. I like the drama part of it, not because I love drama but because I think that "cheezy" factor actually plays on peoples emotions.

If I were them I would go more dramatic and graphic on the next one. Macedonians need to be reminded what others did to us, remind them that its not just "politics". that we were treated like animals by everyone.

The traditional tempo and manner of singing is not powerful enough it doesn't grab you. Of course its part of our culture and has its place, but what these young guys from (Prilep I think) are doing is very useful.

Its modern day motivational propaganda if you ask me. If people respond to soap opera's then give them soap operas. what ever works at this point.

If I could direct diaspora money into anything it would be into production of nationalist music and film. Today's generations respond to those types of things more than anything else.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
            • Jul 2012

What these guys are doing is amazing with taking old Macedonian songs, making a modern version and a quality video clip to go along with it. The special effects have definitely increased since Ja Izlezi Gjurgjo but as Gocka said this plays on peoples emotions and clips like these are quite rare with Macedonian music.

I think its refreshing seeing these kind of clips with Macedonian songs, especially older patriotic songs where the lyrics of the song itself and the combined video clip result in a strong emotional reaction of Macedonian patriotism.

I`m pretty sure they will be making more in the future as I remember them saying in an interview last year that they wanted to make an album of these old Macedonian songs, so I think we will be seeing some more of their work!

Also they are from Skopje, but they hail from Demir Hisarsko region off memory.
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Karposh
              • Aug 2015

This put a smile on my face - Andrč Rieu conducting his ochestra to Makedonsko Devojche. Most pleasing to see was all the positive comments - hardly any tatar trolls at all spreading their poison. I noticed many of the comments are from people hailing from the former Yugo republics, reminiscing about the good old Yugo days of Bratsvo i Jedinstvo.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

This put a smile on my face - Andrč Rieu conducting his ochestra to Makedonsko Devojche. Most pleasing to see was all the positive comments - hardly any tatar trolls at all spreading their poison. I noticed many of the comments are from people hailing from the former Yugo republics, reminiscing about the good old Yugo days of Bratsvo i Jedinstvo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XhGKKiZ_4
                I have an aneurysm every time I enter the realm of YouTube comments on Macedonian music. Most recently about Svadba Golema, which the Bulgarians claim is a traditional Bulgaro-Macedonian song from Pirin region. Take this video of a Bulgarian girl claiming that these first two songs are traditional Bulgarian songs. If there's ever a time I go bald, it's because of these cultural thieves!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Karposh
                  • Aug 2015

I know what you mean. It gets to the point where you just can't be bothered anymore. They have a really creepy Macedonian complex that is impossible to get your head around. All that is good in their Bulgarian bubble (music, folklore and history) comes from Macedonia or is related to Macedonia. Without Macedonia, all they have is Aziz, Gypsies, Turks and cheap whores. How on earth do you appropriate the song Svadba Golema and pass it off as Bulgarian when you know it was originally put together by one of Macedonia's most celebrated patriotic folkloric singers there ever was in Vojo Stojanovski? Bunch of loser Tatar fucks.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    I have an aneurysm every time I enter the realm of YouTube comments on Macedonian music. Most recently about Svadba Golema, which the Bulgarians claim is a traditional Bulgaro-Macedonian song from Pirin region. Take this video of a Bulgarian girl claiming that these first two songs are traditional Bulgarian songs. If there's ever a time I go bald, it's because of these cultural thieves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMw...55050145693500
                    They really are a bizarre kind of people the Bulgarians. I genuinely wonder if they believe the things that they claim. There's not many in Australia so I haven't ever really come across any.

This girl is most likely just misguided by Bulgarian propaganda, I watched her DNA test results video which was pretty interesting. It came up with several locations of ancestry such as Greece (she said she is part Greek), Albania, Turkey and even Macedonia. Interestingly nothing came up in Bulgaria which I found strange but I guess we don't really know how accurate these DNA tests actually are. The reason why I thought I would mention this is because when she spoke about Macedonia she didn't say anything anti-Macedonian or pro-Bulgarian that we are used to with many people from Bulgaria. So I`m assuming she is just a product of Bulgarian propaganda and genuinely believes songs like Svadba Golema and Kate Katerino are Bulgarian, not Macedonian.
                    Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 04-16-2019, 09:47 AM.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                      They really are a bizarre kind of people the Bulgarians. I genuinely wonder if they believe the things that they claim. There's not many in Australia so I haven't ever really come across any.
                      Many of the very small community that live in Australia would be of Macedonian origin as well.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Trio Kladenec just dropped another song straight from the heart!

Majko Zemjo ne placi

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Very nice MM. To their credit, it looks like they have listened to the criticisms in the comments section regarding the choice of flag they used in their last effort (sadly, the ventilator) and they have corrected their mistake in this one by using the true flag of Macedonia. I like to think I had something to do with their decision as well. I too gave them a piece of mind in the comments section on their last effort. It was a good song but the ventilator made it off-putting unfortunately. Good on them for correcting their mistake in this one.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            Many of the very small community that live in Australia would be of Macedonian origin as well.
                            I don't doubt it LOM, I haven't come across any personally, have you? And if so what were they like?

Very nice MM. To their credit, it looks like they have listened to the criticisms in the comments section regarding the choice of flag they used in their last effort (sadly, the ventilator) and they have corrected their mistake in this one by using the true flag of Macedonia. I like to think I had something to do with their decision as well. I too gave them a piece of mind in the comments section on their last effort. It was a good song but the ventilator made it off-putting unfortunately. Good on them for correcting their mistake in this one.
                            Good on you for being vocal about that Karposh, I'm glad you were and very grateful that they listened and changed it for this song.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                              I don't doubt it LOM, I haven't come across any personally, have you? And if so what were they like?
                              I've never actually encountered a Bulgarian in Australia though there is a Bulgarian girl who I have some mutual friends with, she's very patriotic from what I know.
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

There are many in South Australia. From all over the place. Some from Pirin. They seemed to have arrived slightly earlier than the Egejci. They assimilated very quickly and haven't given much pain to the Macedonians.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X