Would be good to see Kris Terzievski beat Gal

Currently paying $2.17 with sportsbet so far from a longshot

Comment

• Karposh
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Solun View Post
      Would be good to see Kris Terzievski beat Gal

Currently paying $2.17 with sportsbet so far from a longshot
      First time I've ever heard of Kris Terzievski. I saw a short YouTube documentary about him and he seems like a really good and humble sort of bloke. His dad passed away when he was 12 years old, the poor bugger. That would have been tough to deal with at such a young age.

Paul Gallon called him a "soft cock" in his summation of him recently in one interview which really pissed me off but then he redeemed himself by saying some really good things about Macedonia and Macedonians in another interview from two weeks ago. I had no idea but Paul Gallon, who used to play for the Cronulla Sharks Rugby League side, is now the Assistant Coach for the International Macedonian Rugby League Team. I had no idea there was such a thing. Wow!

Australian heavyweight Boxer, Paul Gallen talks about his upcoming fight with Kris Terzievski, May 11 in Newcastle. FOLLOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram: ht...

Comment

• Solun
        • Sep 2012

Watching this youtube clip completely changes my perception of Gal as a bogan

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
          I had no idea but Paul Gallon, who used to play for the Cronulla Sharks Rugby League side, is now the Assistant Coach for the International Macedonian Rugby League Team. I had no idea there was such a thing. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO2YRPEl9J8
          As this team is based in Australia rather than Macedonia, one could reasonably assume that they are free from treasonous impositions. One would think. The lion logo on the website and the lion/sun symbols on their team shirts certainly suggest as much. Yet, they have a ventilator-clad Uncle Sam image on their website and the below gem from their "meet the team" description:
          https://www.macedonianrugbyleague.com/about-1

Meet the team behind North Macedonia's international Rugby League Team. The Macedonian Lions' origin story is one of the shining lights to have come out of the 2020 Covid 19 epidemic. In tough times all we have is each other, together we aim to create a community of support behind our young Lions that unifies us all as we go to war on the field for our great nation.
          The idea of a Macedonian rugby team is a good initiative, but why on earth would they use such a treasonous description for the country? Why the unnecessary contradictions? I wonder who among their "team" is responsible for the content on the website.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            As this team is based in Australia rather than Macedonia, one could reasonably assume that they are free from treasonous impositions. One would think. The lion logo on the website and the lion/sun symbols on their team shirts certainly suggest as much. Yet, they have a ventilator-clad Uncle Sam image on their website and the below gem from their "meet the team" description:

The idea of a Macedonian rugby team is a good initiative, but why on earth would they use such a treasonous description for the country? Why the unnecessary contradictions? I wonder who among their "team" is responsible for the content on the website.
            Yeah, I checked out their website too and some YouTube videos of them as well. I have to say, I'm loving those jerseys with the Macedonian sun on one side and the lion on the other. I especially love those black T-shirts with the same symbols. I think what's going on is that this team was put together by a bunch of mates (Rugby League enthusiasts) from Sydney, Wollongong & Newcastle whose hearts are in the right place but, unfortunately, are a little ignorant about certain things that matter when representing Macedonia and Macedonians. I feel like they need to be advised about these things and I'm surprised why no one has picked up on these things you just mentioned. The use of the ventilator (in any form or combination) or volunteering the prefix "North" to Macedonia is unacceptable in this country. The Prespa Agreement does not apply here. People need to realise this. Just as an example, my sister recently called to ask me whether to enter my niece in a beauty pageant under the name "North" Macedonia to which I replied, without trying to lecture her too much, that my niece is representing the Macedonian community in this country and not just the Republic of Macedonia so the only appropriate name under which she should enter the competition is MACEDONIA. She agreed with me and thanked me for the advice. After all, Macedonians in Australia have origins from the whole of the Macedonian homeland and not just "North" Macedonia.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
              I think what's going on is that this team was put together by a bunch of mates (Rugby League enthusiasts) from Sydney, Wollongong & Newcastle whose hearts are in the right place but, unfortunately, are a little ignorant about certain things that matter when representing Macedonia and Macedonians.
              Not one person, such as the founder, chairman or secretary is aware of how detrimental the prefix is to the identity of the country and nation? Not one of them has bothered to check the website that represents their club? Doubtful on both counts, but if it's an innocent mistake that hasn't been noticed due to negligence, then it needs to be rectified immediately, lest it leave a lasting and embarrassing stain. It's not that hard to be consistent. Best of luck to them.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Karposh
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Not one person, such as the founder, chairman or secretary is aware of how detrimental the prefix is to the identity of the country and nation? Not one of them has bothered to check the website that represents their club? Doubtful on both counts, but if it's an innocent mistake that hasn't been noticed due to negligence, then it needs to be rectified immediately, lest it leave a lasting and embarrassing stain. It's not that hard to be consistent. Best of luck to them.
                Yep, you're right. The older heads actually running the club should know better. Anyway, I messaged them about this and this is what I had to say:
                Hi Guys,

I just found out about your existence after recently hearing Paul Gallon mention you in a press conference (who is the Assistant Coach apparently). I had to look you up and I'm loving everything about it including the merchandise. I'll be definitely getting one of those awesome jerseys in the not too distant future. I do, however, have a couple of criticisms which I must mention. Namely, the Prespa Agreement between Greece and "North" Macedonia does not obligate Australia to fall into line with the terms of agreement between these two countries. You are representing the whole of the Macedonian community in this country with this team and not just the Macedonians from the Republic. Please remove any mention of the prefix "North" from your website. It's unnecessary and does not need to be volunteered as a naming convention for the Republic of Macedonia. "Macedonia" would be sufficient to describe the origins of the team players. The other criticism I had was with your usage of the ventilator flag on Uncle Sam's hat as depicted on your Home Page. Again, there is no need to include this in any form or combination on your website. That flag was forced on Macedonians in the Republic. No one is forcing it on us here in Australia so please remove it from your website.
                I'll keep you posted on any replies that I get back.
                Last edited by Karposh; 05-10-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Karposh
                  • Aug 2015

This came as a bit of a surprise. I just found out that Volkanovski is fighting Max Holloway for the third time this Sunday. I thought that wasn't actually going to happen but it looks like it will. Max will be eager to prove himself. I really hope Alex will be at his best come Sunday.

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

Our boy has done it again! Congratulations to Alex.

Alexander Volkanovski decimates Max Holloway and elevates himself to GOAT status

Alexander Volkanovski showed he’s on a different level on Sunday as he completely decimated Max Holloway to retain his featherweight championship.

The trilogy fight between the two warriors was one-way traffic as Volkanovski picked the challenger apart and left him a bloodied mess.

Holloway will go down in the UFC record books as one of the all-time best featherweights, but Volkanovski made him look like an amateur at UFC 276 leaving fight fans in disbelief. None bigger than Hollywood megastar Dwayne Johnson.

The former WWE champion, known more commonly as The Rock, was left stunned by Volkanovski’s savage display over the course of five championship rounds.

“Wow, phenomenal to watch. Two future hall of famers. Tough as f*ck. Legacies,” he tweeted.

From the opening bell right through until the final bell it was a clinic from Volkanovski as he recorded the unanimous decision victory (50-45 x3).

“Let them boo, stand up for yourself. Whether you hate me or love me, stand up for yourself,” Volkanovski said straight after the fight into the camera.

Holloway was left a battered man as the decision was read out with Volkanovski opening a nasty cut over Holloway’s left eye with a brutal right hand in the second round.

The Aussie champ hit the challenger with shots from every angle and left no doubt he is the best in the world and arguably the greatest featherweight the UFC has seen.

Rogan said: “This performance tonight has been extraordinary. This is the best we’ve seen him look.

“We’ve never seen Holloway this busted up before. His face is messed up.”

Cormier said: “I’m in awe at his improvements. Volkanovski has never looked better”.

The Aussie in his post-fight interview said he was ready to step up to the lightweight division and claim a second belt as he called out Charles Oliveira.

Volkanovski’s unbelievable demolition job on Holloway goes to an even greater level as he dropped a staggering bomb walking out of the arena.

“I f***ing broke my hand in the first round,” Volkanovski says as he looked at his left hand.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Brilliant and dominant performance, almost flawless, and that's saying a lot when faced against somebody like Max Holloway. Alex never looked in trouble, but Max looked utterly defeated by the end. It's Alex's time and he is at his peak. None of the top fighters in his division have been able to beat him. Hopefully he moves up to lightweight and becomes a double-champ.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Can the Volk do it?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

This is viewed as the toughest fight of his whole career. If he wins it will propel him into legendary status because these Russian Dagestani fighters have an aura of invincibility about them, especially his opponent on Sunday who is considered the heir of the undefeated Khabib Nurmagomedov. Few of the punters are giving Alex a chance. But he appears genuinely confident that he can get the job done. I'd expect the pubs and bars in Australia that are screening this event to be full on Sunday and many local Macedonians will turn out like they have on previous occasions. Here is a clip of Alex after he arrived in Perth to perform a training demonstration for the public, taking a selfie with some Macedonian kids. Go champ

Subscribe here: https://youtube.com/c/AlexVolkanovskiOfficial?sub_confirmation=1UFC 284 FIGHT WEEK | Alexander Volkanovski vs Islam Makhachev UFC 284 Alexan...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

He is facing a formidable opponent. He has gone up a weight category to compete. He is a true warrior and has nothing to lose. Fingers crossed!
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

That height difference though ...
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8PXfr7E/

That height difference though ...
                                Alex is 168cm. Makachev is 178cm. A substantial difference, but when looking at Alex's last three opponents, two were 175cm and the other was 180cm. He has always been the shorter guy. Alex's stature and lower centre of gravity may actually work to his advantage if he plays it right. The real question is how he handles the wrestling and submission attempts by Makachev. On paper, it seems a monumental task, but Alex's tenacity in the fight against Ortega shows that he has the ability to get out of tough situations.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X