Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TajnataKniga
    • Dec 2009

wow, i just found a great video that the US recognizes the macedonian language and the ethnic macedonian people.

YouTube - Macedonia US recognizing the Macedonian Nation and Language

what other countries in the world recognize the ethnic macedonian people?

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Buktop, After a number of years in existence, boasting a membership of 4,000 plus, several board members at the executive level, etc, do you not think that the UMD should have presidential elections?

Do you think Meto is willing to take a 'lesser' role in the UMD, and have somebody else that is democratically elected assume the presidency?
      From what I know, Meto volunteered to make UMD his full time profession. The presidency of the UMD is a full time paying position that requires a sacrifice of time and opportunity elsewhere. He chose to forgo any other opportunities, move from New Jersey to Washington, to help Macedonia and Macedonians. If you know of people who are willing to drop everything in their lives, move to Washington and make UMD their primary occupation I'd say send them over, but I will bet you money that you will be hard pressed to find dedicated and qualified individuals who would choose that path. I don't know if Meto would want to take a lesser role, I can't speak on his behalf, maybe this should be brought up when he comes to Australia.

Like I said, the member base is too small and too widespread to hold the sort of elections that you and Vangelovski have in mind.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
        didnt the US help macedonia become the first wireless country in the world?
        didnt the US recognize macedonia by macedonia's true name, and no other name?
        Are these your two reasons?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Buktop, you're only fooling yourself and noone else on here.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

Meto is President, as voted by the Board. He's now a full-time employee of UMD, which is pretty amazing if you think about it - we've never had anyone employed full time to work for the Macedonian cause. He also no longer has voting privileges on the Board because of his new position.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
              vangelovski, since you were one of the co-founders how did UMD start? did you help draft the constitution? how were the current officers elected? were you part of those elections? what title did you hold in UMD?
              UMD was originally founded by a handful of people. Noone was elected because there was noone to vote for them. However, once it was registered and membership was opened, elections should have begun on an annual or two-yearly basis. Elections are the only way to ensure that the Board is actually representing its membership. I know for a fact, then while I was on the Board, the American Board members did not even take the advice of the Australian Board members, let alone its membership. UMD was, and I believe still is, basically high-jacked by a handful of people in Washington. It only takes the "advice" of devout followers like Buktop and only really has the support of similar cheerleaders.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Are these your two reasons?
                64 years ago the state department didnt recognize the existence of ethnic macedonian people and language, now they do

"In a Circular Airgram (Dec. 26, 1944) Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinius, Jr., stated:

This government considers talk of Macedonian “nation,” Macedonian “Fatherland,” or Macedonian “national consciousness” to be unjustified demagoguery representing no ethnic nor political reality, and sees in its present revival a possible cloak for aggressive intentions against Greece."

YouTube - Macedonia US recognizing the Macedonian Nation and Language

for me the worlds superpower recognizing your country, ethnicity and language as macedonian is a big deal and a big reason!

plus the over billion in aid the US has given to macedonia since 1991. didnt the US send troops to macedonia to protect the border in the early 90s.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                  • Dec 2009

question

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                  Meto is President, as voted by the Board. He's now a full-time employee of UMD, which is pretty amazing if you think about it - we've never had anyone employed full time to work for the Macedonian cause. He also no longer has voting privileges on the Board because of his new position.
                  Rogi do you know how UMD was founded? how did the board get elected?

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                    • Dec 2009

question

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    UMD was originally founded by a handful of people. Noone was elected because there was noone to vote for them. However, once it was registered and membership was opened, elections should have begun on an annual or two-yearly basis. Elections are the only way to ensure that the Board is actually representing its membership. I know for a fact, then while I was on the Board, the American Board members did not even take the advice of the Australian Board members, let alone its membership. UMD was, and I believe still is, basically high-jacked by a handful of people in Washington. It only takes the "advice" of devout followers like Buktop and only really has the support of similar cheerleaders.
                    Vangelovski, how did meto become president of UMD, and the other board people get their titles like vice-president, and others? who elected them to their positions?

did you draft the constitution or help draft it? you were co-founder so you must have? do you have a copy to send us here? what does the constitution say about elections?

im very curious now.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

TajnaKniga,

The Board has never been elected. The management structures were put in place and people just took on roles (this needs to be done for any upstart organisation). Titles have changed as the organisation grew, however, noone has ever been elected by the membership. The Board has only appointed itself and “ideologically friendly” individuals have been appointed to the Board as it expanded. These individuals were appointed by majority vote of the Board (Americans are the majority on the Board and that’s how they have managed to stack it with their ideological cheerleaders).

I did try to influence the development of the constitution, however, very little input was accepted from Australia because it didn’t quite fit the Americans’ point of view. I do have copies of the constitution while it was a work in progress, however, I left before it was officially accepted and it may have changed since then. The constitution was only developed in late 2007/early 2008 – years after UMDs official establishment.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                        • Dec 2009

i smell something fishy. id like to see a copy of the UMD constitution and what it says. anyone have a copy?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

TajnataKniga, the USA has said a number of times that they will accept any agreed solution for the name which will result from UN negotiations. I can think of better responses by the USA. Particularly after offering Macedonian soldiers' lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You talk of the USA assistance defending Macedonia's borders in the 1990's. I am not sure how aware you are of Macedonia's history in a modern context but the support was token at best. Aracinovo was a good example of the USA agenda in my opinion. Let me know if something like this helps to alter your perspective:
                          http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...ext=va&aid=367

Buktop, I was amusing myself because I get the impression that many people from the USA think we Australian Macedonians are a "crazy" breed of Macedonians due to our infatuation with sovereignty for Macedonia.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                            • Dec 2009

have they said they will refer to macedonia by the un-agreed name, whatever and if that happens?

ive read his article before, no doubt that the cia helped the nla-kla and trained them too against milosevic, and then they thought they could do that against boskovski and they succeeded. who put boskovski in jail? the americans.

look what boskovski is doing now? he is anti-macedonia. wait? wasnt there a brat ljube association in australia? didnt australians look at "brat ljube" as the god for macedonians? vojvoda? and plugged money into his court case to pay for legal expenses? infatuation?

it seems us macedonians all we do is blame everyone for our mistakes instead of taking responsibility for our mistakes. we had a president who called us slavs, a prime minister who became bulgarian, another who signed the interim accord, and all parties in macedonia signed the framework agreement, including vmro. who is to blame for our mistakes? the americans made the gorgievski become bulgarian? isnt he still on the US black list? or for gligorov calling us slavs? oh and who is to blame for selling us out to taiwan? wasnt china the one who helped instigate 2001 at the UN?

boy. a long list of pridavnice. didnt the current government sign an agreement with the US last year? so lets blame the current government for being friends with the US. joj.

why didnt macedonians muster enough support for the macedonian republic in 1903? why did the turks defeat us after 12 short days?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Indeed, if the Macedonians could ignore their potential suitors, perhaps they might make better decisions. Bringing this thread right back to home .... once upon a time Macedonians thought the Bulgarians were their friends. But they were very wrong.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                                • Dec 2009

bulgarians have never been our friends, any sound person could tell you that. MPO was infiltrated by the bulgarians, the majority are macedonians, from macedonia.

why is it that in the same family you can have a bulgarian brother and a greek sister, yet you be macedonian? have you read loring danforth's book about macedonians in australia? i have "greek" cousins. brainwashed!

Comment

Working...
                                X