X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

The Truman Doctrine

(the last book posted above are attributed by the contributors Thanos Veremis and Dimitris Constas).
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

http://books.google.com/books?id=TSxud2zjVEgC&pg=PA13&dq=williamson+murray+albanians+macedonians+bulgarians The emerging strategic environment Edited by Williamson Murray, Excerpt from Brian R. Sullivan, page 15 Many of the latter were Albanians, Macedonians, Bulgarians, and Wallachians(Vlachs). They had joined

Something else to take into consideration;

These essays examine several aspects of the nature of the emerging strategic environment and how this situation affects thinking about U.S. strategy in the 21st century. The United States and its Allies currently confront a number of major trouble spots around the world. In addition, the stability and defense policies of U.S. Allies represent an increasingly important factor in the making of U.S. foreign policy. How well the American military is adjusting to the post-Cold War world with the threats of declining defense budgets and rapid changes in technology, will be a determining factor in the course of the coming decade. Here, the discussion of an impending joint military culture and service cultures out of touch with the harsh realities of the emerging strategic environment combine in a dramatic prediction of 21st century foreign strategies.The Balkans, the Middle East, and Russia all present considerable defense planning difficulties with no obvious solutions. The Balkans represent the clearest immediate danger, as the weight of history and current political ambitions threaten to destabilize Europe's southeastern flank. In the mid-term range are Middle Eastern concerns such as water shortages, border disputes, and new rivalries, all of which unbalance an area whose oil reserves fuel the world economy. Finally, the Russian military collapse suggests that the future Russian threat may result more from national weakness than from strength.

The emerging strategic environment Edited by Williamson Murray, Excerpt from Brian R. Sullivan, page 15

Many of the latter were Albanians, Macedonians, Bulgarians, and Wallachians(Vlachs). They had joined the communist side-not so much from ideological conviction as from a desire to resist the forced hellenization imposed on the from Athens since 1919.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Excellent information TM. Great to see the actual quantum of assistance provided. I have never seen this before. (artillery, dive-bombers, napalm, 74000 tonnes etc.)

A few questions come to mind:

- Have the Greeks EVER done anything for themselves?
      - The USA supported the resistance against subjugation by armed minorities back then, in 2001 why did it support an armed minority in Macedonia?

On James van Fleet, executor of the "Truman Doctrine":
      In December 1947, he was assigned to headquarters of the European Command at Frankfurt, Germany, and two months later was transferred to the U.S. Army Group, American Mission for Aid to Greece, with station at Athens. On February 19, 1948, he became director of the Joint U.S. Military Advisory and Planning Group in Greece, whose function was to provide operational advice to the Greek military establishment down to and including divisional level. Under his guidance and inspiring leadership the Greek military defeated and drove the Communists out of Greece. He was instrumental in the outcome of Greek Civil War by providing advice to the Greek government and 250 military advisors, as well as administering $400 million in aid. A statue of the General stands in the town square of Kastoria in Northern Greece where he had an advance headquarters. A bust of the General made by Greece's foremost sculptor is on display in the III Corps Headquarters building, named 'Van Fleet hall,' at Fort Hood, Texas.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

It should be noted that Napalm was the weapon of choice used to finish the war. I suppose the USA got a bad reputation for going nuclear in Japan a few years earlier. This was certainly more palatable to sick minds in the White House.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Where would Greece be today without the aid, ammunition and financial funding from the West during the last 180 years?
          Originally posted by Risto the Great
          Have the Greeks EVER done anything for themselves?
          Excellent question. I am having trouble finding examples.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Where would Greece be today without the aid, ammunition and financial funding from the West during the last 180 years?

I further rephrase this question like;

Do you think a country named Greece would exist today without the intentions of the western world?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Onur View Post
              I further rephrase this question like;

Do you think a country named Greece would exist today without the intentions of the western world?
              Of course not. They were made in Germany and it went from there. There hasn't been one war that todays imposter Hellene has won without any aid.

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

All these military equipments and money wasn't enough for USA. They also arranged a coup-d`etat in Greece at 1967 by supporting army General Junta leaders. Than these fascist generals killed 1000s of people in Greece and used all these USA made weapons on the innocent people of Cyprus. These generals also arranged coup-d`etat in Cyprus and started EOKA terrorist organization vs Turkish Cypriots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_military_junta_of_1967%E2%80%931974

At 1974, their EOKA terrorists put 1000s of Turkish people at zoo-like concentration camps by force and murdered, raped 100s more.

Then after Turkey`s military operation to Cyprus, Junta generals had to leave Greek government and they have been judged and sentenced to death by Greek court. Actually Turkey saved Greece from 7 years of undemocratic Junta regime but they didn't even thank us for that or gave their apologies for all the crimes their generals did to us.

Instead, they blame us for invading Cyprus for 35 years now...
                Last edited by Onur; 05-03-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  It should be noted that Napalm was the weapon of choice used to finish the war. I suppose the USA got a bad reputation for going nuclear in Japan a few years earlier. This was certainly more palatable to sick minds in the White House.
                  YouTube - Emilija Geleva - the very first NAPALM BOMB was applied against Macedonians at the GRAMOS rock
                  1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                  2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

OMG, Greeks used napalm bomb on Macedonian people? What was the exact date of the events???

Napalm bomb is a crime against humanity. I think it generates 1000s+ degree heat instantly on a large area. We know its effect on people from the Vietnam war at 1970s;

This video released at 2007 by British government. World didn't know the existence of this video for 35 years;

YouTube - Vietnam Napalm

Assholes knew that this particular village going to get bombed with napalm and they go there before the bombing to record its effect on innocent civilians and they keep it hidden from everyone for 35 years.
                    Last edited by Onur; 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

Here's the original Truman Doctrine and it entails how much of the $350,000,000 or $400,000,000 modern "greece" received.

The primary source documents on this page highlight pivotal moments in the course of American history or government. They are some of the most-viewed and sought-out documents in the holdings of the National Archives.

In essence they received $300,000,000 dollars in American aid as well as all the other perks they received from Big Brother America (according to this wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truman_Doctrine which really doesn't offer a source so don't take the number as gospel).

But there is something I want to bring forth in this topic which needs a bit more attention to detail. RTG touched upon the individual General James Van Fleet who Kostur received a statue of in Occupied Aegean Macedonia. From "The Peoples History of the United States of America" written by Howard Zinn on age 426 of the page posted on this topic;

Van Fleet started a policy - standard in dealing with popular insurrections - of forcibly removing thousands of Greeks (Macedonians) from their homes in the countryside, to try to isolate the guerrillas, to remove the source of their support.

I have a very strong feeling that if there was no American aid in modern "greece" the Republic of Macedonia would look like a much bigger country today.
                      Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

So it was not a case of sending the children away for their safety, it was more to do with removing the Macedonians that were supportive of the resistance. I feel sick.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

This is the primary reason that Yugoslavia and USSR would not commit their full support of the resistance in Greece.
                          "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                          though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                          Our long awaited hour will draw near
                          and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

If you're sick now then listen to the actual speech;

YouTube - The Complete Truman Doctrine Part 1 (1947)
                            YouTube - Truman Doctrine Part 2 (1947)

and now something about the truth of this "greek civil war" but from Macedonians;

YouTube - Exhibition on expelled Aegean Macedonians from Greece

YouTube - Macedonian memoirs of the Greek Civil War 1946-49

Comment

• Buktop
                              • Oct 2009

This also lead to the McCarthy era and widespread fear of anything "communist" in the West, resulting in the persecution of Eastern European immigrants.
                              "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                              though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                              Our long awaited hour will draw near
                              and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X