• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Here's something I noticed about the name of one of Korais' Uncles;

A history of modern Greek literature, By Kōnstantinos Dēmaras

Veligradios??? Veligrad is a placename for such countries as Bulgaria, Montenegro, etc. I notice that his Uncle is also a bishop. That means he was educated by the only means he could be educated. In romaika. Veligrad was most likely from one of these Veligrad's.
    Korais' father was a merchant born in Chios. His mothers name is a very common name amongst many Albanians as well as what became todays grk. I imagine Orthodox Vlachs had this name as well.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Brygian Seed
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      You cant count,on the fact ,that at these places there were some Albanians and Vlachs.
      Anyway,since you want from the Greek Revolution,check ...
      Adamantios Korais
      Athanasios Diakos
      Emmanouel Pappas
      Costantine Kanaris

There are many more,but search these ones.
      but let me make you a question.
      I see posts and quotes saying Kolokotronis was Arvanite or the other was Vlach and stuff like that.
      First question:No one said that we are all ''pure'' Greeks.Everything is mixed up.In the same way,you are not ''pure'' Macedonian.
      Second question: Doesn't tell you anything,the fact that they gave their lives for Greece.For example,I consider Lord Byron ,more Greek than me,since he gave his life for its freedom.Blood or origins ,doesnt count.Only the heart.
      Dear Wanderer,

You just need to access any 'official' Greek government document on the make-up of the state's population, current and past, to be informed of the 'purity' or near purity of the nation. If you were christian you were automatically 'Greek', maybe a good way of national building, don't know, will let history make the call on that.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Bump,,,lol

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post

I can tell the difference here

Comment