Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

You guys know what this mbourdes is don't you? It is some garbage terminology they use at maggotsontheweb, which is surely where this worm crawled out from.

Funny how this gbourdes likes to cherry pick a quote without accepting the full context and other relevant information.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mbourdes View Post
      This is the funniest thing I have heard today.

nice that I could make you laugh, I am pleased

laugh as long as you can, it won't last long, cause crying time is up for you Grks
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

You know, here is something related to self identification.

During the 1860's and 1870's thousands of Macedonians died fighting in other lands, as volunteers. Most of them fought under Russian military command, as Macedonians. They were either too poor to return home, or could not return home, because the Turks were hunting them. Some were wanted for being outlaws. The were usually thrown into the front lines, in Crna Gora, Serbia, Romania and later Bulgaria. They have no names "at the moment" but a look inside Russian archives should hopefully reveal all. I think they were incredibly brave. Two hundred of these Macedonians stormed a Turkish garrison in 1878 and captured it. There should be more writtten about them.

Comment

• Stevce
          • Jan 2016

There is not proof that this story is even real. The majority of scholarly opinion is that Alexander I Philhellene never competed at the Olympic games. Firstly the actual year of the games is not mentioned, secondly apparently he won but is not mentioned in the list of winners. If a dead heat did occur there is no mention of a re-race. Secondly Macedonia had its on athletic games.
          Read this interesting article https://www.academia.edu/1286496/Oth...reek_Athletics
          Last edited by Stevce; 06-05-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

I was a little appalled by the fact that this author is a historian, he has written articles and books on Ancient Macedonian History (some of them with Borza) but he repeatedly spells the name wrongly (it’s Alexander I Philhellene, not Philhellenos). I hope Borza does not do the same.

Comment

• Stevce
              • Jan 2016

Thanks, I never noticed that.

Comment

Working...
              X