• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    λίγο αυτό, λίγο ότι.........

I understand the point you are trying to make but it is a fact that some people talk with more emotion than others, in Macedonian eyes the Greeks are the greatest enemy against our existence as Macedonians collectively, hence the language used and the "quotation" marks with the word Greek in it. However, not everybody does this and not everybody that does always does so consistently. I used to do this also once, but I decided that I will not lower myself to that standard and use such avenues when unprovoked. If provoked however, well.............

Avoid people who write as such and choose the people you conversate with, here is not as bad as you think...plus, I promise I wont put your name in quotation marks or alter it in anyway Giorikia

I'm good mate, living, I trust you've been well.
    Yeah, doing fine thanks. Despite crises I'm travelling a lot lately. Turkey, Greece, now I'm planning a trip Athens - Thessaloniki (private stop for Easter in Drama) - Istanbul and back.

I am reading an interesting book about Thessaloniki by the way called 'Salonica, city of Ghosts' by Mark Mazower. Really interesting stuff. Gives a very good insight in the city from the Ottomans basically to now, and all that happened.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Yes, I know of Mazower, you should open a thread about his book so we can look at him, his contemporaries and circumstances collectively during that era, to get a balanced assessment.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Mazower's work is riddled with contradictions

Comment

• Giorikas
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          Mazower's work is riddled with contradictions
          That is probably because you are looking at it throught he eyes of someone who wants answers, or a position from him as outsider. From what I read, he is not taking any position on the topics that probably interest you.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
            I guess most don't bother anymore and just ignore this site.
            The website statistics confirm that the Greeks LOVE this place Giorikas.
            It is a pity so few of them feel they can respond.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

No, no, Giorikas, even in things completely unrelated to what I am interested in, there are still many contradictions.

Are you a vlach by descent, by the way? I have a vlach friend from Aegean Macedonia with a similar surname to your username.

Comment

• Giorikas
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                No, no, Giorikas, even in things completely unrelated to what I am interested in, there are still many contradictions.

Are you a vlach by descent, by the way? I have a vlach friend from Aegean Macedonia with a similar surname to your username.
                No, I am no Vlach, and Giorikas is not a Vlach name, I am not used to calling Makedonia Aegean Macedonia, and in any case I have no relation to Northern Greece apart from the fact that I have many friends from Thessaloniki, and around. I visit regularly.

What are the contradictions ? I had never heard of the guy and did not read anything else then this book.

Comment

Working...
                X