X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
    Just over 5,000 Macedonians from all across Australia attended the protest in Canberra yesterday.
    I suppose I should report a little bit on the day, seeing I was there. 5,000 probably sounds about right (maybe even a touch optimistic). They did come from everywhere though. I even met a few young people from Melbourne who made the trip up.

It was a stinking hot day (about 35°C) which made it really uncomfortable for all concerned and any shade was a welcome reprieve from the scorching sun. People were huddled under any shade they could find but unfortunately the sparse leaf foliage of the local gum trees didn’t offer much shade at all. I’m currently nursing third degree burns on my neck and arms. But we stuck it out nevertheless and I think we made our point to FYROM’s representatives.

The day wasn’t without its disappointments though. One of them was the number of ventilators being waved around the place. A few dumb fucks were even draped in them in an embarrassing display of FYROMian pride. The other disappointment I don’t care to even mention at this stage. Maybe some other time when I feel up to it.

The bus trip to fro was interesting. I boarded a bus with a bunch of senior citizens out on a day trip who were all pumped up for a good time. Mine was literally the party bus which made the four hour trip to Canberra (which included a stop over) quite enjoyable. They were belting out old Macedonian folk songs while a few of the old boys in the back of the bus were getting loaded on rakija.

Comment

• Dejan
      • Sep 2008

I also made the trip down from Sydney with a few compatriots. It was a decent turn out. Very hot day. Wasn't a fan of seeing the ventilator by some, but majority were flying the right flag I thought. Hopefully the one in Sydney on 4 March will attract more of us
      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
        The other disappointment I don’t care to even mention at this stage. Maybe some other time when I feel up to it.
        Oh come on. You can't just mention it and not tell us.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
          I suppose I should report a little bit on the day, seeing I was there. 5,000 probably sounds about right (maybe even a touch optimistic). They did come from everywhere though. I even met a few young people from Melbourne who made the trip up.

It was a stinking hot day (about 35°C) which made it really uncomfortable for all concerned and any shade was a welcome reprieve from the scorching sun. People were huddled under any shade they could find but unfortunately the sparse leaf foliage of the local gum trees didn’t offer much shade at all. I’m currently nursing third degree burns on my neck and arms. But we stuck it out nevertheless and I think we made our point to FYROM’s representatives.

The day wasn’t without its disappointments though. One of them was the number of ventilators being waved around the place. A few dumb fucks were even draped in them in an embarrassing display of FYROMian pride. The other disappointment I don’t care to even mention at this stage. Maybe some other time when I feel up to it.

The bus trip to fro was interesting. I boarded a bus with a bunch of senior citizens out on a day trip who were all pumped up for a good time. Mine was literally the party bus which made the four hour trip to Canberra (which included a stop over) quite enjoyable. They were belting out old Macedonian folk songs while a few of the old boys in the back of the bus were getting loaded on rakija.
          C'mon mate...that was more weather report than rally report, what other shit went down...

Well done to all of you attending from outside of Canberra...5K on a scorcher + long road trip is a bloody good effort...when you consider
          how many apathetic fyromians are sitting around in the Republic with their thumbs up their arse...awaiting the negotiations to run their course...fark me
          Last edited by Phoenix; 02-20-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

It's like driving from Macedonia to Croatia to go to a protest.
            They'd say you are crazy.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Solun
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              when you consider
              how many apathetic fyromians are sitting around in the Republic with their thumbs up their arse...awaiting the negotiations to run their course...fark me
              You have to remember that anybody in fyrom who speaks up about what is happening is lying in jail facing terror charges. Alot of us on the forum would also be locked up if we were typing from there.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                It's like driving from Macedonia to Croatia to go to a protest.
                They'd say you are crazy.
                Riste, like I get what your trying to get at with that particular analogy but using Croatia for Canberra doesn’t really put across the correct comparison here. A more fitting substitute for Canberra would be something like a dilapidated Lepper colony in some rural gypsy village in Romania. You know, like the last place anyone would ever want to go
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Solun View Post
                  You have to remember that anybody in fyrom who speaks up about what is happening is lying in jail facing terror charges. Alot of us on the forum would also be locked up if we were typing from there.

http://kurir.mk/makedonija/vesti/vmr...protiv-vlasta/
                  ...I think that's the result of the widespread apathy that is killing Macedonia...Imagine if there was a wider movement of protest, of concerned citizens...they can't lock them all up...

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                    Riste, like I get what your trying to get at with that particular analogy but using Croatia for Canberra doesn’t really put across the correct comparison here. A more fitting substitute for Canberra would be something like a dilapidated Lepper colony in some rural gypsy village in Romania. You know, like the last place anyone would ever want to go
                    ...lol...apologies to all Romanian gypsy lepers visiting the forum.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Shit, yeah you’re right, I forgot those poor buggers have all got fibre to the premises...
                      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Don't they call themselves Greek nowadays?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                          • Jul 2012

Short video of the Canberra protest. Must say it`s almost all the original flag shown in this video, its got my blood pumping for the Sydney protest on Sunday!

OUR NAME IS MACEDONIA - peaceful protest in canberra on the 18th February 2018.
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Karposh
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                            Short video of the Canberra protest. Must say it`s almost all the original flag shown in this video, its got my blood pumping for the Sydney protest on Sunday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTU1FJq3jpo
                            Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTU1FJq3jpo
                            Thanks for posting that MM. Really nice montage with pretty cool editing. I'm glad they edited out all the ventilators. There probably wasn't as many as I first thought but seeing one at all at any Macedonian gathering is one too many. A fair estimate would probably be about 80:20 on the day in favour of the original flag. Here's hoping Sunday will see a 100:0 showing of flags in favour of the original.

Why some people can't see the importance of flying the one true flag in the diaspora is beyond me. And that flag, of course, is the original 16 ray ancient Macedonian sun symbol. The original flag represents our national identity as Macedonians and not the political entity known as FYRoM. Many Macedonians who don't hail from the republic have no affinity with its bullshit national symbols which have been designed and implemented to keep others happy and not the citizens it is meant to represent. The republic's ventilator flag means nothing to them (or to me). There is absolutely no logical reason to be flying the flag in the diaspora that is the the symbol of defeat and capitulation and represents approximately 1/3 of the total Macedonian homeland which many Egejci and Pirinci have no attachment to. This should be seen as a protest for protecting the Macedonian identity and not merely about what the homeland of the Vardar Macedonians will eventually call itself.

Comment

Working...
                            X