X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Southern Sudan votes on Independence

I know very litle of Sudan except for coming across this article, but i posted it on a macedonian forum because the fact that southern sudan is voting to leave Sudan via a reffrendum.

Huge numbers of Southern Sudanese vote amid scenes of jubilation in a referendum on independence expected to split Africa's biggest country in two.

Has the kosovo recognition by the west triggered a precedent?

Does this give shiptars in macedonia more ammunition and spirit?

Perhaps macedonians in Albania, or even in bulgaria and grease (yeah i know im stretching it) can explore this type of option?

Looking at the article and also doing a quick wikepedia search it looks like southern sudan has the resources while northern sudan has the ports. This reminds me of what has happened in North Korea and South Korea, or more closer to hime, between vardar macedonia and aegean macedonia...
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Your right bbs if it does set a precident or notetc.Also the grks are apparently related to the sudanese people way back in antiquity.Is it the spirit in the grk or the grk in the spirit???
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

I doubt this will be an option for Egej Macedonia. I think there is an even distribution of non Macedonians and hence not the same environment.

On the other hand in Sudan the wealthier north was controlled and largely inhabited by Arabs while the poor south was almost completely Black. With the discovery of oil in the south it spelled a different future for both the Arabs and Blacks hence the war genocide and celebrity support for the Blacks culminating in the referendum for separation and negotiated deal on the resources.

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
        I doubt this will be an option for Egej Macedonia. I think there is an even distribution of non Macedonians and hence not the same environment.
        Not without a war, i am sure of that cuz if such a thing happens in Aegean Macedonia then they loose western Thrace too cuz still 60% of people in there are Turks. It was 90% in 1923 but Greece settled Greeks in there but still 60% of people are Turks in Thrace.

If such a thing happens in Aegean Macedonia then Turks in western Thrace desires to be a part of Turkey. Also this can cause chain reaction, so one million Turks in eastern Bulgaria starts thinking about same thing.

So, this cant happen without causing 3rd Balkan war.

Comment

Working...
        X