Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I think a couple of beers should be the order of the day how about the bbq to go with it.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      I think a couple of beers should be the order of the day how about the bbq to go with it.
      George, they get all those things...

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Its an offence to come to the workplace intoxicated in Australia if you are a Commonwealth public servant. Termination of employment is the sanction that will be imposed.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
          Banned
          • Feb 2010

Oh lighten up Phoenix…a nut case shot some one so it had to be the booze lets just blame the booze for everything…plenty of nut cases have shot people without a drop of booze.

Your forgetting rum was standard issue to all serving military personal throughout the empire and 2 cans of beer…apart from the fact you cant well maybe you can get drunk on two cans of beer it was standard issue 2 cans per day to Australian soldiers serving in Vietnam.

Besides did you notice the news article was saying the outcry was that the soldiers would be slugged 5 dollars per can also with a 2 can limit…it was not that they could or couldn’t have beer.

Just for the record I have worked for large corporations and government departments and had a light beer for Christmas break-ups so I don’t know what wowser…read wanker…major corporation you work for.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

If you are risking your life for your country surely a couple of beers wouldn't matter.There are moments when people do break protocol sometime but it's not an open order to get drunk or pissed.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

It's not an issue of having no grog in the workplace - originally they were going to make them pay for it (hence still grog around).

BTW I show up to work hungover/still drunk all the time. and quite often drink at lunch.

:-)

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

OM, anyone that comes back to work after ingesting alcohol for lunch in one particular government workplace, or is known to have had any alcohol at lunch, and then proceeds to continue working, will be dismissed, if you want to know which one, PM me and I will tell you
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Julie ofcourse any work place will kick you if you have had alcohol on the job as it is law but not at Christmas…or as it is becoming popularly known end of year…break-up party and that’s what they real are talking about. Hell even I would fire someone if they came in liquored up…except Bij oti nasha e.

Although when I have a day off for all my skippiness I like the old Maco village tradition of a heart starter…edna rakija…topla in winter…I figure by Aussie morning its gotta be after 5 in Macedonia…followed by a double gorko coffee.

By the way don’t forget to have a dink today Sveti Nikola e.

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

A rakija in the morning make you feel…

YouTube - Goldfrapp - Alive (Dave Aude Remix)

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                      Oh lighten up Phoenix…a nut case shot some one so it had to be the booze lets just blame the booze for everything…plenty of nut cases have shot people without a drop of booze.

Your forgetting rum was standard issue to all serving military personal throughout the empire and 2 cans of beer…apart from the fact you cant well maybe you can get drunk on two cans of beer it was standard issue 2 cans per day to Australian soldiers serving in Vietnam.

Besides did you notice the news article was saying the outcry was that the soldiers would be slugged 5 dollars per can also with a 2 can limit…it was not that they could or couldn’t have beer.

Just for the record I have worked for large corporations and government departments and had a light beer for Christmas break-ups so I don’t know what wowser…read wanker…major corporation you work for.
                      OziMak, this conversation isn't going anywhere...

Nothing has changed in the ADF, its always been a 2 beers per man culture but its something that the defence force doesn't encourage (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS)...the rest has been a media beat-up and a publicity stunt by a particular brewery that was seen as coming to the rescue of our "thirsty" and "hard done by" diggers...

Now the other argument about drinking on the job is relevent only by determining the type of work you undertake, clearly vocations involved in driving and operating heavy equipment/machinery etc, law enforcement, those occupations promoting a professional image and the like would have far stricter alcohol at work policies than your average chicken shit operation that turns a blind eye to their workforce being pissed on the job or constantly hungover...

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

apparently the diggers have to pay for beer at $5 a pop.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                        X