• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vtvan90
    • Sep 2011

Ecotoursim and sustainable use of natural resources in Galicica

I have a question:

How can the ecotourism development projects and initatives contribute to the sustainable use of natural resources in Galicica National Park ?

• Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

vtvan90,

Welcome to the forum.

Good question. I have no idea

Hopefully we have someone with the right background that can contribute to the thread.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vtvan90
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      vtvan90,

Welcome to the forum.

Good question. I have no idea

Hopefully we have someone with the right background that can contribute to the thread.

Thank you I managed to email to ask people in Galicica National Park already ( via the email I could see in their website ). I havent got any reply however. I guess they are too busy to care about a student's question Hope that someone in this forum would help me with that

Have a nice day

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

vtvan90

Hi and welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vtvan90 View Post
          Thank you I managed to email to ask people in Galicica National Park already ( via the email I could see in their website ). I havent got any reply however. I guess they are too busy to care about a student's question Hope that someone in this forum would help me with that

Have a nice day
          "Too busy" is a nice way of putting it. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

I have a question:

How can the ecotourism development projects and initatives contribute to the sustainable use of natural resources in Galicica National Park ?

Hope these help somewhat.

But until now, the most significant ongoing projects are implemented with international cooperation: the project “Sustainable development through ecotourism and environmental education in protected areas”, financed by the German agency GTZ, is implemented in Galicica National Park by the Alliance for Lake Cooperation in Ohrid and Prespa with the help of six NGOs from Serbia, Albania and Bulgaria.
            I'd suggest doing some research into this initiative. Go on their websites and see if you can find some info in regards to Galicica.

Enlarge EU Newsletter JUNE 2008 Edition Ecotourism in Macedonia Ecotourism is a tourism which directly or indirectly promotes and supports s...

The Access Initiative Macedonia, along with several other NGOs, reacted strongly against the flagrant violation of several laws in the case of commercialization of a striclty protected zone, part of the National Park Galicica, for the purpose of buidling a hotel on the shores of Prespa Lake (the village of Konjsko). TAI Macedonia took part in a nationally covered press conference, and indicated all the violaitons of existing legislation and international conventions. Namely, the municipality of Resen (which covers the territory of the National Park) has made changes to the Detailed Urbanistic Plan of the municipality and has included the village of Konjsko for the purpose of building a hotel there. The municipality, against existing legislation, did not call for a public debate on the change of the Urbanistic Plan and by doing so, has violated the Law on the Environment and the Law on Decentralization. Furthermore, the Government disregarded the obligation to ask for an EIA/SEA. To make matters worse, the violations do not stop with lack of transparency but rather, the decisions made violate a strictly protected area that is home to rare breeds of cormorans and pelikans. Even though the intial reaction of the Ministry for Transport and Communications was to brand the press conference as politicized, the sale of the above-mentioned land within the National Park has been indefinitely suspended. TAI Macedonia continues to monitor this situation and will inform the domestic and internatinal public on the developments. The fight for transparency continues.

The above could possibly be used to highlight and directly refer to ongoing issues in the area.

Here's something known as the 'Balkan Green Belt.' Galicica is included.

Within the framework of the activities of the IUCN concerning the initiative for establishment of the Balkan Green Belt, the Republic’s part of the green belt was established in 2004 in its border regions with Bulgaria, Greece and Albania (Map 2).

The Republic’s Green Belt includes 11 protected areas: the three National Parks Pelister, Mavrovo and Galicica; three natural lakes, which are also Monuments of nature - Ohrid, Prespa and Dojran; a Strict nature reserve - Ezerani (Prespa Lake); Monuments of nature – Vevcani springs, Smolare waterfall, Kolesino waterfall; and a floral site - Majdan.
            Information on the environment for those involved in developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy, and also the general public

The following link is the most detailed and should give you quite a bit of useful information.

I know nothing of the topic, but googling something like 'galicica environmental initiatives macedonia', will bring up a large range of results that should prove useful for your research.

Goodluck.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

nice work EM

Comment

• vtvan90
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                vtvan90

Hi and welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

Thank you I'm Vietnamese Nice to meet you

"Too busy" is a nice way of putting it. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.
                Then what is the reason you think ?

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                Hope these help somewhat.
                Goodluck.
                Those link and sources did help me a lot. Thank you so much for your help ! I really appreciate Good luck !

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Lazy and incompetent. Or maybe they're too busy cleaning up the bags of domestic garbage lying around...phffhfhahahahaha...

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Those link and sources did help me a lot. Thank you so much for your help ! I really appreciate Good luck !
                    vtan90
                    Welcome again, all nationalities are welcome here! What is your interest in Galicica National Park? Have you been there? Where do you live?
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

No worries, I'm glad I could help.
                      Good luck with your studies!

Comment

• vtvan90
                        • Sep 2011

Lazy and incompetent. Or maybe they're too busy cleaning up the bags of domestic garbage lying around...phffhfhahahahaha...
                        Then I'd prefer to think that they are too busy cleaning up the bags, that would be better ^_^

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        vtan90
                        Welcome again, all nationalities are welcome here! What is your interest in Galicica National Park? Have you been there? Where do you live?
                        I was born and now am living in Vietnam My country is famous for extraordinary history, beautiful landscapes, historic sights Hope that you guys will consider to travel to Vietnam some day

About Galicica, I'm studying ecotourism at University and my teacher gave us a case study to do about Galicica National Park. I did waste
                        much time searching for information about GALICIA nation park in Spain T_T That's why I'm really grateful for EM's help

By the way, I have a question. Why did you name this forum Macedonian TRUTH forum ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

The reason it was named Macedonian Truth is because our land and people have been subjected to occupation and foreign propaganda which has produced many lies about our history. Our purpose is to make aware as much people as we can of the truth and our current issues, and to reinvigorate a sense of deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical dignity in our own people so they can take their future in their own hands. See the following link for our outlined objectives in the Macedonian Cause: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...nt.php?f=2&a=3 Like the Vietnamese, we too have an extraordinary history with many famous stories.

Consider this as a parallel to the problem that Macedonia currently has with Greece. China ruled your lands for over a 1000 years. Does that give them the right to impose their version of history on the Vietnamese people? Is the colonial perspective of the French more important than that of the native peoples of Vietnam? Of course not. Macedonia is often in a struggle against greedy and stronger neighbours.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Then I'd prefer to think that they are too busy cleaning up the bags, that would be better ^_^

I was born and now am living in Vietnam My country is famous for extraordinary history, beautiful landscapes, historic sights Hope that you guys will consider to travel to Vietnam some day

About Galicica, I'm studying ecotourism at University and my teacher gave us a case study to do about Galicica National Park. I did waste
                            much time searching for information about GALICIA nation park in Spain T_T That's why I'm really grateful for EM's help

By the way, I have a question. Why did you name this forum Macedonian TRUTH forum ?
                            vtan90
                            Thanks for your reponse and your information, I hope to visit your country 1 day and experience it's beauty, culture, history and people!
                            good luck with your studies!

Comment

Working...
                            X