X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

What can you do?

So many frustrated Macedonians who are unable to express their frustration with Macedonia's plight. The erosion of our homeland's sovereignty is overwhelming. What can you do about it? Well, there is any number of things but can I suggest one symbolic action from all our Macedonian contributors. Please reject the Ventilator flag at every opportunity. It has the potential to snowball into so many more positives for Macedonia.

Think about it.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • julie
    • May 2009

facebook has a "like" button . MTO should have one of these too.
    rejecting the ventilator is a start
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

you just got to reject that crap.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vojnik
        • Apr 2011

I love how when the Macedonian Embassder came to Australia "Pero Stojanoski" his immediate reaction in Queanbeyan was asking us to remove the real flag of Macedonia from our community centre and replace it with the ventilator and when Gruevski came we were told not to bring out the real flag yet I still brought mine along and waved it with a friend. F*ck the Greek ventilator!!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Majority of the Macedonians outside of Macedonia has rejected the ventilator...
          It is the Macedonians in the republic that needs to be educated in what the new flag stands for.
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

We need an organized movement that supports the reintroduction of the Macedonian Sun symbol.

A movement that has broad support by well known Macedonian identities around the world. Many (most?) in the diaspora already favour the original flag, its still often used within Macedonia but the momentum needs to buid so that the younger generations are aware of its significance to the concept of true Macedonian sovereignty and as THE uniting symbol for all Macedonians in the republic and the diaspora.

Comment

• blackcactus
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              We need an organized movement that supports the reintroduction of the Macedonian Sun symbol.
              I agree

I have mentioned this before, but what the hell, one thing that could be done is have a 'Bring back the Flag Day'

There are many ideas that could be used, but without some organisation only a few could be realized
              The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                So many frustrated Macedonians who are unable to express their frustration with Macedonia's plight. The erosion of our homeland's sovereignty is overwhelming. What can you do about it? Well, there is any number of things but can I suggest one symbolic action from all our Macedonian contributors. Please reject the Ventilator flag at every opportunity. It has the potential to snowball into so many more positives for Macedonia.

Think about it.
                The, most important issues concerning Macedonians in diaspora ..

1. Name
                2. Human rights
                3. Flag
                1,913 - Annual conferences aka wine and cheese parties

Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 10-05-2011, 05:35 PM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                  The, most important issues concerning Macedonains in diaspora ..

1. Name
                  2. Human rights
                  3. Flag
                  1,913 - Annual conferences aka wine and cheese parties

I find it hard to disagree.
                  But the symbolism of rejecting the symbol is far too symbolic to not make a priority. With strong acts of symbolism, a change or revolution of the mind may occur.

I know, that was an awful lot of "symbol" going on in that last paragraph.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Rejecting the ventilator is not just a 'symbolic' act. It is an actual act of exercising our freedom...if that makes sense.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      It is an actual act of exercising our freedom...if that makes sense.
                      Which makes for very positive symbolism.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Which makes for very positive symbolism.
                        the symbolism of this symbolic act symbolises far more than symbolism itself can symbolise.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

the vewntilator is an imposed flag on the people & it is in ignorance to historic legacy that only macedonians used that symbol..The fact is they can reject it at any time.THat's what people fail to realise that they could have refused & they still can & say the people will not stand up to for it.THe real flag is the macedonian sun not the ventilator which is a flag of capitulation.I The greeks are trying to prevent the real macedonians from using it.By doing this it is trying to say no macedonians that the greeks are the macedonians & so anything macedonian is forwarded to them.have asked many people in macedonia is they know it's not the real flag or the kutlesh sun they know the govt was told to change it & they said how high ventilator style.
                          People fail to realise the flag is supposed to represent freedom of democracy,human rights etc not what some idiot in a bureacracy dreams up.The sooner the people reject it the better for everyone.
                          Last edited by George S.; 10-05-2011, 02:57 AM.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

1. Name we shouldn't discuss this as it weakens our stance.
                            2. Human rights,we should discuss this as a lot of countries aren't giving macedonians their full rights.This applies to losing macedonian soveregnity from within to appease political elements to cooperate.
                            3. Flag.this should be changed to what it was before the macedonian sun flag.
                            Last edited by George S.; 10-05-2011, 02:06 AM. Reason: ed
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

In a democratic society one of the expressions people have is the exercise of freedom.Freedom to identify who they are.
                              freedom to associate with one another.
                              freedom to nurtue & establish proper & full human rights.(not to the dertiment odf existing macedonian citizens.)
                              freedom from tyranny & oppression.
                              The people in macedonia must realise they don't have to have the slave mentality they are free to speak out.
                              Freedom of speech is the necessary requisite & must be encouraged.
                              We must also seek support from like minded freedom loving people around the world.
                              World support is necessary to win the overall recognition of macedonia.
                              Last edited by George S.; 10-05-2011, 02:15 AM. Reason: ed
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X