• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Грците шокирани дека Александар е Македо

Остра конфронтација меѓу грчки и македонски сурфери од ТВ квизот
    Остра конфронтација меѓу грчки и македонски корисници на интернет предизвика преносот од британскиот телевизиски канал "Челенџ ТВ", каде одговорот "Грк", на прашање за потеклото на Александар Велики беше сметан за погрешен, објави грчкото радио "Скај". "Точниот одговор според продуцентите на ТВ квизот е "Македонец" и на екранот беше проследен со знамето на Поранешната југословенска Република Македонија. Десетици грчки корисници на интернет објавија коментари во кои го изразуваат своето несогласување и разочарување, како на форумот на ТВ каналот, така и на интернет страната You Tube, каде Македонците имаат пуштено видео", посочува радиото.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

CHALLENGE GURU (TV) yield to the GREEK pressure

Thank you for your patience while we’ve looked into all of this.

As we said on Monday, the clip on YouTube is from an episode of Take It Or Leave It from over two years ago.

We want you to understand that we do not want to take sides in any international disagreement – contrary to lots of the opinions that have been put to us via email and in the web forums. To be totally clear: we're not trying to promote a cause, or stir up any trouble. We're just an entertainment channel.

We do recognise the importance of conducting quizzes fairly though, which is why we’ve gone back and checked our paperwork.

On the question itself, we have looked back at the records, and we are happy that the question and answer were fair and accurate. As usual, we checked this with two trusted sources.

However, one of the main issues you’ve raised is the use of the flag of FYROM to illustrate the question and answer. Having heard many of your arguments on this, and having looked into it ourselves, we can see that this was inaccurate, and confusing for the audience. We unreservedly apologise for any offence that has been caused - that was certainly not our intention.

It is very obvious that this particular question is about ancient history, not modern-day Europe. Using modern day flags is therefore inappropriate, so we’re going to re-edit this particular episode so that the flags are not shown again.

We hope that this goes a long way to addressing people’s concerns, and completely removes any suggestion that we’re making some kind of political statement. We’re sorry to have got this wrong.

With best wishes,

Challenge

hahaha
    what a circus
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

It is very obvious that this particular question is about ancient history, not modern-day Europe. Using modern day flags is therefore inappropriate, so we’re going to re-edit this particular episode so that the flags are not shown again.
      Yes.
      It is inappropriate to use modern day flags to represent ancient history. Isn't it Greeks.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sydney
        • Sep 2008

did any aussies here happen to see a similar scenario on eddie's who wants to be a millionaire some years back? i believe the question was something like which country was alex or filip from? choices were greece, macedonia, egypt and persia. answer = macedonia. an absolute no-brainer.

Comment

• Вардарец
          • Sep 2008

Even if they stop using the modern flags, Alexander will remain Macedonian.
          For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

Question to all athenians: do you deny that Alexander was Macedonian?
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Traveller
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
              Question to all athenians: do you deny that Alexander was Macedonian?
              As a Macedonian i answer "of course he was a Macedonian". But he had nothing to do with you. I could still have a little chat with him but you...

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                As a Macedonian i answer "of course he was a Macedonian". But he had nothing to do with you. I could still have a little chat with him but you...
                you are so sure that he had nothing to do whit us. but surelly had to do something with you wonna be Macedonian.

stop the ackt you ain't Macedonian. you are Greek and basta.
                Last edited by makedonin; 09-26-2008, 12:36 PM.
                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

Working...
                X