X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droog
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    What sort of garbage ambiguity was that? Indeed, the victimisation is getting really old and boring, especially when the so-called 'victims' can't even justify their actions. Let me put it to you in another way - do you agree with what the NLA did in terms of raising arms against the state? It's a simple question, answer it.

How were they oppressed?

Droog - this will be the final time I will ask you to corroborate your allegation regarding Macedonian leaders like Temelko declaring 4 different ethnicities. I would advise you to follow up conclusively and not bother coming back here until you do.
    Didn't I already sent you the results of the elections? (and don't take situations I've been explaining to you out of context as I've been refering to the whole population including leaders and not just leaders)

Nobody is entitled to anything and everything you have is the result of certain actions. If someone's feeling oppressed it's completely unimportant if you consider their reasons "right" or "wrong" (although when you use the same reasons they're right).

Don't ask simplistic questions, because they're pointless. What you should be saying and admitting is that you're against the NLA actions because you consider that their interests are opposed to yours and the same applies to everybody else. Trying to justify support/opposition with moralistic terms indicates at the very least naivety

Now let me rephrase your question: Would you at that given time support NLA? Were I an Albanian living in Macedonia under those conditions I would definitely support NLA, because they were indeed promoting Albanian interests. Were I a Macedonian living in Macedonia under those conditions I would definitely oppose NLA as their interests would be against my interests. Were I an Aromanian living in Macedonia under those conditions depending on my interests I would probably remain neutral, but if something happened and NLA took over the country I'd support NLA because ...vae victis.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog View Post
      Didn't I already sent you the results of the elections? (and don't take situations I've been explaining to you out of context as I've been refering to the whole population including leaders and not just leaders)
      I have taken nothing out of context, and I am more than happy to make public your private message to me where you suggested such an absurdity. So show us all where Edmund Temelko has declared by 4 different ethnicities, like you previously stated.
      Were I an Albanian living in Macedonia under those conditions I would definitely support NLA........
      What conditions are you talking about? I want to know what it takes to push someone to the edge so they can pick up a gun and start murdering people.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Soldier:

Stop asking simple questions, because simple questions mean that droog has to give specific answers. And we all know Droog only likes to write in generalities.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

If Droog doesn't produce some direct answers and end this little charade soon, I will do it for him.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• United MKD
            • Jul 2011

Now let me rephrase your question: Would you at that given time support NLA? Were I an Albanian living in Macedonia under those conditions I would definitely support NLA, because they were indeed promoting Albanian interests.
            Under those conditions in Macedonia? You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

If I were an Albanian living in Macedonia under those conditions, I'd take my KLA/NLA thugs to Albania and go fight as freedom fighters in Albania so fellow Albanians in Albania could have the same rights that Albanians in Macedonia have.

That is, if I cared about rights more than I cared about my heroin/prostitution/guns enterprise and Greater Albania.

Sometimes, Albanians should ask themselves: who is benefiting from this "Greater Albania" dream? The people are still poor, criminals are still rampant, and they've lost more freedoms in Kosovo than they've gained from independence.

Comment

• Droog
                • Mar 2011

Let's see what scholars, who have general knowledge and authority on these issues have to say about "those" conditions(I'll present them in a timeline with one event each time as I want a clear reply to each action):

1981:After the aforementioned unrest in Kosovo in 1981, Macedonian communists started to bring Macedonian schoolchildren to Albanian schools, thereby establishing ethnically mixed classes; having turned strictly Albanian schools into ethnically mixed schools, the authorities used this fait accompli to justify replacing Albanian as the language of instruction with Macedonian.

Using state measures to stop children from being taught their mother tongue is generally considered opressive, don't you think? Actually doing something like that is a violation of human rights.

Do you consider that opressive? Answer with a yes/no.
                Last edited by Droog; 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• El Bre
                  • Sep 2008

Let's see what scholars, who have general knowledge and authority on these issue have to say about "those" conditions(I'll present them in a timeline with one event each time as I want a clear reply to each action):

1981:After the aforementioned unrest in Kosovo in 1981, Macedonian communists started to bring Macedonian schoolchildren to Albanian schools, thereby establishing ethnically mixed classes; having turned strictly Albanian schools into ethnically mixed schools, the authorities used this fait accompli to justify replacing Albanian as the language of instruction with Macedonian.

Using state measures to stop children from being taught their mother tongue is generally considered opressive, don't you think? Actually doing something like that is a violation of human rights.

Do you consider that opressive? Answer with a yes/no.
                  No. It's not opression, it's integration. An attempt to try and head off the kind of silliness which ended up taking place in 2001. Without some form of cohesiveness a country cannot exist. Even in Canada, where this kind of 2 solitude nonsense seems to work within Quebec. It really doesn't. Most Canadians resent Quebec and it's special treatment.

Comment

• Droog
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                    No. It's not opression, it's integration. An attempt to try and head off the kind of silliness which ended up taking place in 2001. Without some form of cohesiveness a country cannot exist. Even in Canada, where this kind of 2 solitude nonsense seems to work within Quebec. It really doesn't. Most Canadians resent Quebec and it's special treatment.
                    So if you were part of a minority in a country and the government passed a law that moved pupils from one school to another with the purpose of not allowing your community's pupils from being taught in their own mother tongue, you wouldn't consider that opressive? Should I remind you that most people who post in this forum complain
                    about Macedonian minorities that aren't allowed to be taught in their mother tongue?

That's called hypocrisy and it leads to resentment towards the majority by the minority. For the record it's the opposite of integration: the whole point of integration is the promotion of peaceful co-existence and not the promotion of actions that arouse resentment, because that's what happens when the majority tries to do something like that against the minority.

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Albanian schools in Macedonia? Were these 'Albanian' schools public or private? If they are public, then they are Macedonian schools, and the pupils of that school should be learning the language of the country (Macedonian) as their primary language...along with Albanian if that is the wish of the local population.

If they were private schools with no state funding, then I would agree -- that was not right for Macedonian authorities to do such.

However, that does not amount to oppression that allows for KLA and NLA thugs to murder people so they have the right NOT to speak Macedonian in Macedonia.

Question is: what's a graver oppression -- having ethnic Albanians learn Macedonians so they at least know how to speak in Macedonia when talking to a fellow Macedonian countryman; or ethnic Albanians murdering Macedonians, ethnically cleansing Macedonian villages, and burning and destroying scores of Macedonian churches?

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

So if you were part of a minority in a country and the government passed a law that moved pupils from one school to another with the purpose of not allowing your community's pupils from being taught in their own mother tongue, you wouldn't consider that opressive? Should I remind you that most people who post in this forum complain
                        about Macedonian minorities that aren't allowed to be taught in their mother tongue?

That's called hypocrisy and it leads to resentment towards the majority by the minority. For the record it's the opposite of integration: the whole point of integration is the promotion of peaceful co-existence and not the promotion of actions that arouse resentment, because that's what happens when the majority tries to do something like that against the minority.
                        Macedon

THOSE MACEDONIAN MINORITIES ARE ON MACEDONIAN SOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i HAVE been reading your posts and you are really pissing me off,
                        HYPOCRACY BEING MURDERED ON YOUR OWN SOIL, give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Come to Australia and make those demands!
                        Give you guys an inch and you take a mile. Murdering Macedonians in their own country, do that here in AUstralia and see how far you get, its called TERRORISM what the Albanians have been doing on MACEDONIAN SOIL
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Droog you are a stupid fool why because you got this simplistic brain.Macedonia doesn't stop you from albanian.Please explain to me how great was your albanian country when it expelled your islamic lot from albania in world war II.How is macedonia stoping you from learning albanian that's bullshit.If it is stoping you have you heard that maybe you are rude & seeking preeminence to macedonian.That's bullshit.You desrve a good hiding that's what you desrve.Macedonia has tolerated you people too much.You want albanian perhaps you may have to pay for it .Why should normal macedonian citizens have to subsidise you for your fucking stupid albanian language.Any way you have tvs & radios use that not when you want your own language.Who cares for your language.
                          Don't you think the macedonians have had enough of your bullshit.Can i come to albania & start my own university & call it macedonian.Can i have schooling where i want no you cant the country cannot afford the bs you are asking.
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Droog It's called starting trouble again.The next time you start a war the us or nato isn't going to prevent us .Youll be fighting normal macedonian citizens.How do you feel at the end of a fucking pitchfork with your guts spilling all over the place we have had a gutfull of your demands.& next time we'll finish you off for good.In macedonia you never had it so good what are you complaining that we should learn your albanian language.Remember the census how you desperately wanted to show turks as albanians & how you s to come & vote.Thats' fucking hypocrisy people like you need to be wiped out.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• El Bre
                              • Sep 2008

So if you were part of a minority in a country and the government passed a law that moved pupils from one school to another with the purpose of not allowing your community's pupils from being taught in their own mother tongue, you wouldn't consider that oppressive? Should I remind you that most people who post in this forum complain

That's called hypocrisy and it leads to resentment to wards the majority by the minority. For the record it's the opposite of integration: the whole point of integration is the promotion of peaceful co-existence and not the promotion of actions that arouse resentment, because that's what happens when the majority tries to do something like that against the minority.
                              No, I don't consider that to be oppressive, I consider it normal. Students should be educated in the language of the state in which they live, just like in every other country of the world. Now, if you want a small portion of the school day dedicated to instruction in the minority language, I have no qualms about that.

The line of reasonable accommodation has been so blurred in Macedonia, that it will unfortunately be the country's undoing.

The Aegean Macedonians, which you so predictably and clumsily used as a parable, would have wanted to have their very existence recognized before ever dreaming of having the rights enjoyed by Macedonian Albanians.
                              Last edited by El Bre; 07-18-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Droog
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                Youll be fighting normal macedonian citizens.How do you feel at the end of a fucking pitchfork with your guts spilling all over the place we have had a gutfull of your demands.& next time we'll finish you off for good.
                                I'm not sure what the purpose of that full of internet rage message was, but it's very amusing and it shows a certain mentality.

Comment

Working...
                                X