Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Old Church Slavonic would be interesting to search through for words, there may be some that are still common to Macedonia that are lacking elsewhere.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Serbs and Croats use Čedo-Čedomir-name.

Blagodaram is unike Macedonian word,nobody else is useing it.

How about name KIRO-KIRIL,we use it with K not KJ,all others use Č and C,like Čiro and Ciril-Cyril

I have argue with one Slovenian, i said thet our language is closest to OCS,and he saied to me that we dont event use DZ,in fact we are the only one who use DZ,i dont know how is in west slavic countreys.
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sarafot View Post
        blagodaram is unike macedonian word,nobody else is useing it.
        Бугарите викат благодарја.......

Русите имат Благодар. "Спасибо" на дереве, "спасибо" на небе! "Спасибо" на лучике солнца в Женеве! "Спасибо" в ручье, что течет вдоль дорожки, "Спасибо! ...
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

How about the word 'Kalesho', is it used by any of the Slavic languages apart from Macedonian?

I have also heard of the word 'Kutri' being used, is this a native or loanword? Does anybody else use it?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

I have also heard of the word 'Kutri' being used, is this a native or loanword? Does anybody else use it?
            Kutri comes from Kutre > puppy. That is sweet way for small dog > Kuche.

Kutri is than transitive meaning that they are suffering as dogs do.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Interesting. How about Kalesho?

Comment

• Sarafot
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                Бугарите викат благодарја.......

Русите имат Благодар. "Спасибо" на дереве, "спасибо" на небе! "Спасибо" на лучике солнца в Женеве! "Спасибо" в ручье, что течет вдоль дорожки, "Спасибо! ...
                Bugarite vikaat Mersy i Mersi podobno,sam imam nekolkumina roda u Bajganija,nikoj ne vika Blagodarja,''sičko kazvat mersy''

Kaleš interesting SoM, i wonder my self about that word to,like ''KALEŠ ANGJA'' and then thouse ''KALEŠI'' people from Pakistan?

Old people should know what the word means?!
                Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Diabolical
                  • Jan 2009

Калеш is dark/olive skinned... like in the song

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Sarafot, Kalesho means something that is tanned or dark, as in the song 'ej mome kalesho' (hey tanned girl). I would assume that Kalesho is also connected to the word Kal (mud in most Slavic languages), which in turn is connected to the Thracian word for mud, which was Chalas.

Калеш
                    Кал
                    Хал(ас)

Comment

• makedonin
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                      Bugarite vikaat Mersy i Mersi podobno,sam imam nekolkumina roda u Bajganija,nikoj ne vika Blagodarja,''sičko kazvat mersy''
                      Ochigledno jas sretnuvam nekoj iskluchoci sho ne se malce, koji go koristat Blagodarja.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

I have tried to search for the word 'Kalesho' in Bulgarian, Serbian and Croatian, but it doesn't seem to be a part of their vocabulary. Hence meaning it is very likely another unique Macedonian word.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

How about the word Kladi-Klai-Klava-Klavai, I think I recall Makedonin making another connection to an ancient Macedonian word that was very similar.

I don't believe the Serbs use this, and the only Bulgars that may use it is in their western periphery where there are descendants of Macedonian settlers such as Sofia or in Pirin itself.

Can we confirm this?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                            Kutri comes from Kutre > puppy. That is sweet way for small dog > Kuche.

Kutri is than transitive meaning that they are suffering as dogs do.
                            Do the Bugarishtana use it also?

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Do the Bugarishtana use it also?
                              can't tell for sure....

A sho se odnesuva za Kalesho, mozhno li e da e srodno so Grk Kalo > Ubav ?

Justa a thought.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Nema shanca, oti zboro znachi neshto sho e temno, nema vrska so ubavina osven ako sakash da napraish takva rechenitsa. Po moja misla zboro treba da bidi povrzan so Trakiskio, zaradi sho se nogu slichni i vo bukvi i po znachene.

Comment

Working...
                                X