• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rosetta
    Banned
    • May 2011

I should make a small correction here
    Originally posted by rosetta View Post
    The Eastern Gate of the city was called Cassandriotice (i.e. Gate of Cassander)
    This was the Eastern exit of the city, leading SE to Cassandria of Chalcidice, which in turn took its' name from Cassander. So the name of the gate is because of Cassandria.

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Good, what you say is true, but one point needs clarification; when you say in reference to Thessalonice you mean the daughter of Filip and not the city correct?
    I believe so. I will correct Wikipedia which translates it as "Thessaloniki Queen of Phillip [sic]". I don't know if other people give different interpretations and I hope I'm not wrong.
    Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• rosetta
      Banned
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Well i thought it was obvious. Many (if not all) artifacts depicting a person that is dug out of Greece proper, has a negro presence
      There is solid evidence against that. Look at the nose. Look at the size. Look at the colour.

Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• momce
        Banned
        • Oct 2012

Do the greeks even allow people to cross test their findings and digs etc? I read somewhere one of their researchers was not allowed to return to Siwa, Egypt because of funky stuff. Who knows what goes on with what they "find" in greece(if its even real etc or they may even be constructing these archaological sites themselves). I noticed the Siwa incident(the supposed finding of Alexanders tomb)had the same pattern as publication of findings in greece(big find, turns out to be bogus, greek researcher not allowed back) except for the foreign oversight. Of course we know now most of the greek claims of the Vergina digs are also bogus since they were studied by foreign teams. Its my view these charades are highly organised in greece. You have to ask yourself why would they do things like that? Only answer is that the whole place is a scam even its historical institutes to enrich a small group of exogenous families.
        Last edited by momce; 01-14-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

with the advent of its all greek or macedonia is greek the greek govt has paid people to rewrite books omitting vital info & allowing their own interpretation.So according to the greeks they are macedonians & they have a history spanning 4000 years even though they been for less than 3000 years on the greek peninsula.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
            Banned
            • Oct 2012

They are not even "Hellenic". Do they think modern greek is a Hellenic language? I dont think so. People from the northlands are more Dorian and closer to PIE. I have no problem with using the term Hellenic(although one may have to even throw that out and just use Dorian) but it doesnt mean Ionian-Pelagasian, greek orthodox or modern greek or anything. The ancient world itself was incoherent. Thats why England shouldnt give the Elgin Marbles back. They are already with their rightful owners the Anglo-Germans. The roums already lost their marbles a long time.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

yea the greeks lost their marbles a long time ago.Hellenism stopped when alexander took over greece.Since then greeks have been imitating hellenism & it's not the real thing.The greeks now aren't really greeks.Serves them right for trusting the english with their marbles.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
                Banned
                • Oct 2012

There never was such a thing as "Hellenism" its a pure Oriental invention transmitted through Semitic entities-i.e the Church. Its so absurd because even not eating a piece of bread and a spoon of wine(communion) will get you branded as anti-Hellenic(now what does that have to do with ancient Hellenic etc?, thats how irrational, insane it is), My view is that the Dorians were closer to PIE and hence share more in common with what the modern roums call "Slavic"(also with Germanic or the entire culture of old North Europe). Or maybe there were no Dorians just groups of the older North European tribes creating the socalled Dark Age and then reemerging as a "greek" tribe after contact with Ionians, Pelagasians and ancient Macedonians were probably closer to PIE then the much later greeks. Its obvious to me also that the ancient greeks arrived in the balkans with an already developed, acidic, sea based culture hence why they have always been an oddity in the area among paleo-Balkan peoples. What later became known as "Greece" was actually a place they had fled to for some reason(being outcasts, criminals or slave tribes, lepers probably from Egypt/Libya, the Hittite and Phoenicean world, or perhaps the original "Hellenes" were purely a priestly cult migrating with their sickly followers) etc consider how parasitical ancient greek culture really was for example etc)
                Last edited by momce; 01-17-2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

In the past a different race of people were on the greek peninsula i'm convinced that it was of the likes of plelasgians mycenians etc The greeks came later.Compare that to the macedonians who eere allready there for eeeons.So all this hellenism is simply bignoting the greeks as to the times of the trojan war ie helen when supposedly the greeks were all united.But united for what war??It was agamemnon's greed for power.When one examines the real reasons for the war & the conditions of the people the so called greek hellinism simply evaporates.You look at greek so called history shows greeks mainly as colonisers of places.The greeks were never aborigines of greece.
                  When did the greece start using hellenism & or the word hellas & was it used all the time to identify.The main thing & is contrary is alexander did not promote hellenism.
                  Last edited by George S.; 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM. Reason: ed
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                  X