• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thessalo-niki
    Banned
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Is this still an issue? if not delete your rubbish.
    If you correct your posts, it's fair enough, that I will delete mine. Notify me, if I miss it.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
      If you correct your posts, it's fair enough, that I will delete mine. Notify me, if I miss it.

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
      Actually major parts of it are re-edited by you, to make it sound worse. E.g. instead of Greeks you say "so called Greeks".
      Which is correct that i did not quote it came from Theodore Doganis.
      Also, You insinuate i am exaggerating or lying (make it sound worse). So It realy has got nothing to do with who said what. its the message that bothers you. So i will ask again, was it an exaggeration or a lie on my behalf?

Do you dispute "so called Greeks" did not fight alone?
      Do you dispute the "so called Greeks" remark i made?
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Doesn't look like thessa will answer, Therefore, he can't dispute no matter how much he wants to, that many of these independence fighters were only "so called Greeks" and they did not fight alone.

So i will continue from just before he rudely interrupted.

The military defeat and betrayal in 1897 infuriated the people so much that the three "protecting Powers" found it necessary to despatch their naval squadrons to Piraeus to protect their royal puppet. In order to arouse some sympathy for the monarchy the Palace organised a sham attempt on the life of the King, in which a shot was fired but deliberately missed.

Meanwhile further strangling loans were being granted to Greece, usually by British bankers. By 1879 out of a total budget of 45,000,000 drachmas 17,000,000 were paid as interest and amortisation on the foreign debt. In 1881 the foreign Shylocks were extracting 49 per cent of the budget and in 1893 the State went bankrupt. It could no longer carry the crushing load of foreign debt. The money-lenders and their governments then imposed on the country the International Economic Control Committee. Before the Second World War 35 per cent of the State budget was being spent on paying the foreign debt, more than twice as much as any other European country was using for such a purpose. And 55 per cent of this foreign debt was owing to British creditors.

It is therefore quite obvious why, apart from all other reasons, the British Government—whether under Tory, Liberal or Labour labels—has, with ruthless persistence, supported monarchy and reaction in Greece. The monarchy was, and is, a plague on the Greek people, but it was, and is, a blessing for British money-lenders.
        all i can see here are words such as,
        Foreign Powers
        Loans being granted
        Bankers
        foreign debt
        bankrupt
        International Economic Control Committee

why does all this ring a bell

Oh yeh............well i will talk about their current financial and under foreign powers situation later on. We are only approaching the civil war period.

Hmmm some things never change.
        Last edited by Bill77; 07-28-2010, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Bill
          Fantastic stuff, I'm loving this thread! Boy some home truths are coming out now! Amazingly they keep making the same mistake( not just financially) still you know what they say about the definition of crazy...."doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".......sound like anyone you know?
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Makedonche,

This is what happens when foreign powers, Not only creates you,But controls you. Greece has a long history of having a master. It sounds like the people of the Newly formed Greece were better off under the Ottoman Empire.

I have asked many times, from the time when Greece was Created, to leading up to the civil war (over a century) has Greece truly been free or Independent?

ROM has a longer history of being independent than our plastic neighbours and we have not been Independent long.

The history of Greece should be a lesson to us and we should think twice before we go totally under the control of the EU. Once that happens, we will just become a puppet controlled totally by European powers.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Aid the Greek People!

In 1936 the monarchy, scared by the rapid growth of the influence of the Communist Party among the Greek masses, clamped on the country a fascist dictatorship. But this, too, was done with the benevolent connivance of the British Government. Indeed, the dictatorship, apart from fighting Communism by Hitler's methods, was the best possible protector of British capitalist interests in Greece. After the people of Greece, led by the Communist Party, had cleared the country of the German invaders,
              Thank fuck for the commies a thessa if it was not for them, your new master would have been the Fritz and you would have been wearing "8" Mesut Özil on your back.

The British Government started war on them again in December 1944. Together with the City it feared that the Greeks might be liberated after all and become, for the first time, a really independent nation.
              Hang on, didn't they become independent and liberated back in 1832? No..... for Greece its out of one frying pan, into another.

Therefore, by British arms, the corrupt monarchy and a bogus "Parliamentary regime" were restored, and the oppression of the Greek people in the fascist manner began all over again.

But this time the British imperialists did not have their former strength. So, having restored the monarchy and a disguised form of fascism, they were obliged to hand over the financial responsibility to the United States, while still keeping British troops, a Military Mission and Police Mission in Greece to safeguard the country for the introduction of the American way of life.
              So who's the bitch? and who was there new Daddy now?

If Greece was an occupation rather than a state, it would have been known as "A Prostitute"

How many foreigners have ridden them now.

The Greek people, who fought for liberation for 400 years against the Turks, and have consistently fought for their real freedom against monarchs and dictators, Italians and Germans, will continue the fight for their national liberation against their present Anglo- American masters, and ultimately win.
              hahahha good one. well we can laugh at them now that we know what has happened since the time this was written.

Of all the peoples in the world the British people have a supreme duty to aid the Greek people in their struggle for real independence.For, since the Turks were driven out, it has been the British ruling class, more than any other, which has borne responsibility for the continued enslavement of the Greek people.
              Now answer me this thessa,
              Between 1833 and 1947 (The beginning of the US Rule) can you say that Greece was,
              A) Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind?
              B) Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling entity?
              Last edited by Bill77; 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X