Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 10-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #1231
George S.

George S. is on a distinguished road

ek Democratic Army firing at enemy positions during the Greek Civil War.

Artillery guns of the Greek Democratic Army firing at the enemy positions during the Greek Civil War. Soldiers loading artillery. The commander plots a target on a map and gives order to fire. Huge cannon fires, explosion at target enemy positions.

Date: 1948, April
Duration: 2 min 35 sec
Sound: No
Color: Monochrome
Clip Type: Unedited
Language: None
"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
GOTSE DELCEV
George S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #1232
George S.

The Macedonians - 2- Discovery Channel -Ancient Warriors 2 of 4
"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
GOTSE DELCEV
Old 10-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #1233
George S.

Video Clips And Documentaries

Critical Past - Clips from the Greek Civil War

A Name is a Name

Next Year In Lerin

Macedonia - The Clip That Shocked Greece

The Macedonians - Discovery Channel - Ancient Warriors 1 of 4 (Includes Battle of Chaeronea)

The Macedonians - Discovery Channel - Ancient Warriors 2 of 4 (Includes Battle of Chaeronea)

The Macedonians - Discovery Channel - Ancient Warriors 3 of 4 (Includes Battle of Chaeronea)

The Macedonians - Discovery Channel - Ancient Warriors 4 of 4

Macedonia's Struggle Against Greeks (1904-1908)

The Edwardians In Colour 03 - Europe on the Brink (Includes France, Scandanavia, Italy, and from 33 minute mark Ottoman Macedonia)

Greece - Nationalisn Threatens Democracy

Greek Interview With Macedonia's Foreign Minister About Name Issue

Order

A Girl From Neret Click here to order online

Click here to download an order form that you can mail, email or fax

Our Catalog

A Girl From Neret Download and print our catalog of Macedonian books

Pollitecon Updates

Read the latest Pollitecon Updates and what is happening with Macedonian books in English around the world

Join our email list and receive updates on new books and new free articles...

Macedonian Spark
Macedonian Spark
Reprints of Makedonska Iskra (Macedonian Spark), the first Macedonian newspaper in Australia - 1946 to 1957...

Treaties & Legal Cases

Atanas StrezovskiRead the Treaties that Divided Macedonia; some published online for the first time here... more

Life in Aegean Macedonia

Original articles and essays on Aegean Macedonia, its politics, culture, history and diaspora... more

Macedonian Communities

The first listing of Macedonian communities around the world, country by country... more

Reprints

Articles and reports on Macedonian human rights reprinted from other sources... more

Submit an Article

How to submit an article or manuscript... more

Email: Click Here
Homepage: www.pollitecon.com
Site and Contents
GOTSE DELCEV
Old 10-21-2014, 02:41 AM   #1234
Soldier of Macedon

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

George, what was the purpose of your last post? Did you actually read it?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:15 AM   #1235
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Probably something akin to walking down memory lane.
... but drunk and penniless.

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #1236
George S.

No I was trying to get links to the discovery
Chanell.LOoks like it didnt work.Clips were interesting..Post deleted.
GOTSE DELCEV

Last edited by George S.; 10-21-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #1237
Amphipolis
Banned

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelister View Post
I was reading something recently about the Macedonian Christian Empire.

According to Vasil Bogov, the language of Christianity in south east Europe since about 323 AD has been Macedonian, not Greek.

Macedonia was a Church-State, and Empire.

The Church was responsible for running schools, education, law etc since about 323 AD in the Macedonian language, not Greek.

The traditional Macedonian names of MOST OF of the churches on Mt. Athos (Sveta Gora) remind us of their true Macedonian past, not Greek. The names "Hilander" and "Zagorov" first appeared in the late 19th century to represent "Serbian" and "Bulgarian" claims, but they have no history there before then.

The New Church (Greek Orthodox Church) was a political manifestation. In 1850 the Sultan created a "Greek Patriarch" to rule the Christian subjects of the Ottoman Empire. The New Church directly challenged the old Macedonian Christian Empire - the Greek Orthodox Church began burning and destroying all evidence that the langauge of Christianity and Empire over the last 1,700 years had been Macedonian.
Any info on this theory or dates? It's the first time I meet it.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #1238
George S.

I'm not surprised by all this as in the bible it says that the macedonians received st paul and his message and The orthodox christianity started.Whereas the greeks did not receive pauls message as they were too steeped in their mythology.
GOTSE DELCEV
Old 12-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #1239
spitfire
Banned

spitfire is on a distinguished road

Only a propagandist of the worst kind would imply that there is any way for Greece to annex anything.
It is forbidden through the constitution.
And on the contrary the constitution only allows for national sovereignity to be less in very special cases.

Do your homework before you post anything.
Articles 5, 27 and 28. And that's with a quick reading.

Last edited by spitfire; 12-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #1240
makedonche

makedonche is on a distinguished road

Spitfire
Quote:
It is forbidden through the constitution.
Quote:
Do your homework before you post anything.
Articles 5, 27 and 28. And that's with a quick reading.
Is that the same constitution that doesn't allow the country more than it is capable of paying back? And the same one that says Greece will fulfill it's human rights obligations in accordance with International agreements?....there are many things forbidden by the Greek constitution, see how many more you can find that aren't being complied with and stop living in denial!

Tags
macedonia, macedonians, modern greeks