X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VMRO
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
    Macedonian national team with a new coach.

Ljubinko Drulovic named Macedonia's manager

Serbian coach Ljubinko Drulovic has been named the new manager of the Macedonian national team.

The board members of the Macedonian federation came to that decision at today's meeting in the city of Veles. FFM President Ilcho Gjorgjioski was in charge of selecting the finalists, and then the board members casted their votes to pick the new manager.

Ljubinko Drulovic, a 46-year-old coach from Serbia, received the most support from the board members, thus becoming the new manager. Drulovic is best known for leading Serbia U19 to the title of the 2013 UEFA U19 championship. They beat France 1:0 in the final to claim the prestigious trophy.

After that achievement, Drulovic briefly served as an interim coach for the senior national team of Serbia. He led the team for four games (coming in the period from March to June in 2014), compiling two wins, one draw and one loss. However, he was not kept for that position permanently. Instead, the Serbian federation decided to go with Dutch manager Dick Advocaat, who also only lasted four games before being replaced.

Drulovic spent all of his playing career in two countries, Portugal and Serbia. His longest club stint came with Portuguese giants Porto.

Speaking to some of our Serbian friends on Twitter, they had good things to say about Drulovic. Some of the above twitter conversations took place several days ago since it was known that Drulovic was one of the finalists.

Ljubinko will be promoted to the press next Tuesday, on April 28. He signed a contract for 2-and-a-half years, meaning until the end of the 2018 World Cup qualifications.
    I wonder how the Albanians in the National team will take this news, are the Albanians in Macedonia going to protest regarding this and claim its a provocation.
    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• janesill
      • Mar 2016

Anyone up for euro 2016? a few weeks before the season starts, team England may have lost a goalkeeper as Jack Butland injured his ankle a week ago. I am rooting for team England and I believe they will be able to fill up the missing gap. In line with Butland's injury, Stoke City is more likely to be compensated by the FA due to Butland's injury..

Comment

• DedoAleko
        • Jun 2009

This is the Macedonian U16 team after beating Slovakia. Looks promising!

Comment

• DraganOfStip
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
          This is the Macedonian U16 team after beating Slovakia. Looks promising!

Future sure seems bright for our football team,in contrast to our current squad which is 138th in the world according to the latest FIFA ranking.
          Our U-21 squad is currently 3rd in it's qualifying group for next year's European Championship with just 2 points behind the leader France.If they keep this pace they can qualify for the championship which would be a first-time for Macedonia.They have 3 wins,3 draws and only 1 loss so far,which is great.Honestly I can't remember the last time our senior squad had results like this,if ever.
          Keep it up boys,you're arguably the only bright spot in Macedonia at this moment...
          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Socceroos vs Greece: Flares set off by supporters despite Victoria Police warnings, June 8, 2016
            VIOLENCE and flares exploded in Melbourne as soccer fans openly defied police. And there was more ugliness during the match with Greek fans accused of abusive behaviour towards young Australian fans.

A grandfather who took his nine-year-old grandson to the game said police asked them to leave after they complained about being spat on and having their Australian flag destroyed. The grandfather, named as Dale without a surname, told 3AW this morning he and his grandson copped abuse from “young Greek men”. “I was standing in the soccer match last night with my nine-year-old grandson and we were abused and spat on,” he claimed. “My nine-year-old grandson had his Australian flag taken off him and destroyed. “When we approached the police and complained about it, the police took us to the gate and put us out and told us it was easiest if they left rather then them having to agitate the crowd.” The Herald Sun has attempted to speak further with the grandfather.

At least 15 flares were set off as hundreds of fans marched from the corner of Russell and Lonsdale streets’ Greek precinct to Etihad Stadium for the Socceroos friendly against Greece. Additional flares were later set off inside the stadium throughout the game after Greece’s first goal was scored, leaving a yellow haze throughout the ground. Acting Assistant Commissioner Russell Barrett said that police had already identified “a couple” of people involved with lighting flares. Police will work through CCTV and footage captured by officers last night to identify offenders and prosecute them. “With the Moomba riots there were no arrests on the night and now we have 30 people before the courts,” he said. “We are skilled at our investigations into these things. We have been successful in recent times investigating with CCTV.” Mr Barrett said he was disappointed the actions of a small amount of supporters distracted from the event of an international soccer match in Melbourne. “There is a small cohort who think it is part and parcel and their right within the soccer envelope,” he said. Police decided not to pursue multiple arrests on the night for “operational reasons”.

The presence of families with young children and the risk to members of the public and police meant the decision was taken to pursue offenders after the event by using footage captured on the night, Mr Barrett said. “People who lit flares will be charged,” he said. Mr Barrett said a flare was thrown under a bus last night. “We are looking at CCTV to identify the perpetrators and when we do we will prosecute them,” he said. “It is extremely disappointing for Victoria Police to have to stand up today and talk about a small group of people. “The vast majority of the crowd were well behaved. “About 200 took part in the march and a small number of those people engaged in dangerous behaviour. “Thirty flares were hit and they are inherently dangerous. They can burn up to 1000 degrees.”

Police confirmed five people were evicted from the ground during the match and another man was arrested after being refused entry to the stadium and hindering officers. Greece won the match 2-1 in front of a crowd of 33,622. But the victory was marred by earlier violence which disgusted officials and other supporters. The heart of the city’s “Little Athens” was meant to be the starting point for a jubilant, peaceful march to Etihad for the match. But things turned ugly about 7pm as officers swooped on those suspected of causing trouble. Scuffles broke out as flares burned the sky red and mounted police officers were called in to quell the crowds. One police officer was taken to the ground by offenders, while others stood back and took video footage. Some fans used Greek flags to mask their faces. Others waved olive branches and chanted: “Greece, I love you and I will follow you as long as I live.” Police had earlier threatened to crack down on soccer fans with flares. Of the five people evicted Etihad Stadium, three given the boot for behavioural offences, one for a flare offence and another person was removed for using an “unauthorised flag”.

Leading senior constable Adam West added: “An investigation into the lighting of a flare in the CBD prior to the match is underway and ongoing.” The sea of blue and white shut down Melbourne’s CBD for around an hour, causing traffic delays and congestion in peak hour. Carrying an Ancient Greek flag, Adenni Gorinis said flares were an unstoppable part of the game. “Flares are all a part of football. You can take it back centuries, it’s all a part of the atmosphere,” he said. “We’re footy enthusiasts. We love our country, Greece. It’s pretty plain and simple. We come with a few mates, we’re not into fighting.”

Supporter Nick Gameras, who took his two teenagers to the game, said: “I’m pleased the police handled it the way they did — no one was hurt, they’re harmless.” Brushing off concerns about the flares, he added: “It’s a bit a fun, we’re kind of reliving the 2014 Brazil World Cup. Most of these guys are torn between barracking for Australia and Greece. “We don’t get a chance to see Greece play often, so we’re making the most of it.” The crowd dispersed shortly after 7pm and marched to Etihad, pausing briefly on the steps of Southern Cross station. They sang Ole Ole Hellas, Hellas as well as the Greek national anthem. No further violence was noted. A police spokeswoman confirmed they were “aware a number of flares have been set off”. It is illegal to possess a flare or set one off without a lawful reason and police had previously warned fans to be on their best behaviour or face the consequences.

“Our strategy is to hold people to account when they breach legislation,” Superintendent Tim Hansen said. FIVE-YEAR bans will be dished out to the “mindless individuals” who lit flares at the Greece and Socceroos match last night, according to the governing body of soccer. Disgusted bosses from Football Federation Australia said there was no place for violence or flares at matches. FFA spokesman Kyle Patterson said the organisation was “disappointed” with some crowd members’ behaviour at Etihad, despite police being proactive with their message. “This is not acceptable behaviour,” Mr Patterson said. “Clearly, igniting flares is an action which does create some risk and this behaviour is not what we welcome at football matches. “We commend the police for what they have done in the interim and for taking steps to identify the perpetrators. We don’t want mindless individuals like that in our game and in our sport. We want those people to be identified and banned.”

Minister for Sport John Eren also scolded the hooligans. “This is obviously disappointing and not fair on the vast majority of people who attended what was a thoroughly entertaining game,” he said. “It is less than one per cent of people that cause this anti-social behaviour, and we will continue to work with police to stamp it out.” Questions will be raised today about the effectiveness of the heavy police presence at the fan march to Etihad and the lack of intervention at the scene. Prior to the match, Victoria Police said they would “crack down” on soccer fans doing the wrong thing at the friendly game.
            Not sure if the above was mentioned in another thread. A pathetic bunch of uncivilised and racist Greek morons with a sprinkle of Serb morons and a "white pride" cross on a flag to boot. These idiots spit on an elderly man and his grandson, meanwhile, Australia's coach of Greek ancestry is too busy bitching about the condition of a pitch. Is anybody aware if he said anything about how his ethnic kinsmen behaved? By the way, these idiots exhibited the same behavour a few years back when Australia played Greece in Melbourne, so it's nothing new for them to show such utter disrespect towards the country in which they live.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Senior constable Adam West.
              Batman?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Senior constable Adam West.
                Batman?
                And his sidekick Burt Ward
                ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                  • Aug 2011

Macedonian U-21 team takes 1st position with 1 round to go

Our youth team beat Northern Ireland last night 2-0 and propelled itself in the top spot of our group with just 1 remaining round to go!
                  The last round of qualifiers are scheduled in early October.The first-ranked team goes to the European Championship in Poland next year directly, while the second-ranked team goes into an extra knockout-round with another second-ranked team.
                  Our last game is at home with Scotland on October 8th, we beat them in Aberdeen a week ago.Our competitors for a spot at the EC are France (1 point behind) and Iceland (3 points behind but with a game in hand).
                  This is a historical opportunity for this generation, no Macedonian football team has qualified for the big tournaments since our independence.
                  Let's all wish these guys good luck and keep our fingers crossed,they are our true sport heroes in these dark times.

Last edited by DraganOfStip; 09-07-2016, 05:53 PM.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                    Our youth team beat Northern Ireland last night 2-0...
                    Occupied Ireland*
                    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Finally, a Macedonian Football Team we can be proud of. After the never-ending disappointments that the senior team has dished out since independence, these shining young stars are putting things right at last. Not even with the likes of Panchev and Hristov in the early 90’s and, more recently, with Pandev did we ever get a chance to celebrate a single qualification to a major Football event.

Obviously it’s not a question of a lack of talent in Macedonia, as the youth team has proven, so why can’t the senior team replicate these achievements? The latest disappointment was a particularly bitter pill to swallow, going down to Albania the way that we did. We couldn’t even hold out 15 minutes for a draw.

Anyway, I’m all for looking to the future and I hope these young lads will continue to make Macedonia and her long suffering supporters proud for many years to come. I wish them all the best. Samo Napred Makedonija!!!

Comment

• Apr 2014

Incredible 6-1 victory from Preston Makedonija today
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Plenty Valley Lions FC from Melbourne
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Apr 2014

In response to my post above, I can't seem to post the picture directly so if anyone could assist with me that, would be appreciated.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                              • Aug 2011

Macedonia goes to the U-21 European Championship 2017 !!!

Our U-21 team beat Scotland 2-0 today and our direct competitor Iceland lost at home to Ukraine,meaning our boys won the top spot in our group and will play at the Euro 2017 in Poland!
                              This is a first-time for a Macedonian national football team to qualify for a major tournament since our independence.
                              The historic result was cheered by almost 30 000 spectators at the Phillip II Arena in Skopje while at the same time checking the result from the Iceland-Ukraine game on their cell phones.
                              Coincidentally this historic result comes on the day of October 11th,one of the greatest holidays in Macedonia.
                              Way to go boys,true heroes of their generation!
                              Just look at the joy on these faces...

And no celebration is complete without "Biser Balkanski" and a traditional oro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4DJVXKOCo
                              Last edited by DraganOfStip; 10-13-2016, 04:42 AM.
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Karposh
                                • Aug 2015

Congratulations to the boys and all the best for Poland next year. No pressure, I’m proud of them already, but I have a feeling they’re not quite finished yet and will really shake up the competition in Poland…Just like our basketballers did in Lithuania a few years ago.

Anyway, this awesome news comes at the most opportune time for me as it coincides with my plans to visit Macedonia for an extended, and long overdue, holiday in 2017 (my last visit was way back in 2005). Looks like I’ll be making an unscheduled detour to Poland as well…Note to self - I must remember to pack my drinking pants for the occasion

Now that the monkey is off Macedonia’s back and we’ve qualified for our very first major football competition, I hope this will be the first of many more to come. Next goal – The World Cup!

Comment

Working...
                                X