• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Cheers brother.
    Originally posted by johnMKD
    I'd be really interested in seeing this.
    You say it like one with a preconceived notion that has already made up their mind. I trust that in your short time here many of these have been crushed.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• johnMKD
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, would you mind clarifying, because I wouldn't agree that "everything" was Macedonian back then, nor would I agree to the opposite today. Logic is usually found between the extremes.
      You're right, clarification is required here. I meant that from the maps you can see that a large portion of the region within today's Greek border was inhabited by Macedonians. These maps show that it was common logic back then.
      Today however, the modernised common logic (instructed by Greece etc) indicates the opposite.

Logic is usually found between the extremes. Very well said here, I totally agree.
      Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• johnMKD
        • Apr 2010

You say it like one with a preconceived notion that has already made up their mind. I trust that in your short time here many of these have been crushed.
        Definitely not, SoM. All I said is that it would be interesting to see such a map. My mind is not already made up. Maybe it was ten years ago, but now I only seek the truth. So, I'll stick around for that
        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

No problem John, let's see how things transpire from here.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

By the way, how was it that you came across the MTO?

Comment

• johnMKD
              • Apr 2010

By the way, how was it that you came across the MTO?
              It goes as simply as that: I was googling "Macedonia" trying to find something many times. This time I googled "Macedonia" and "Truth". The first thing that popped out was MTO. I thought it might be interesting. My mistake was not to read anything before posting for the first time. That's why I decided to throw a "bomb" to become active. However, I find MTO very interesting, because for most of the statements there is proof and I really enjoy myself reading here this proof. My consciousness has always been Greek (due to my education): this not something that can be changed in one day to the next. However, identifying my Macedonian roots for starters has been really important for me. I'll keep reading stuff around MTO, discussing, and I hope to get even more in the end in identifying myself.
              Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

I like how this conversation has been going. Some really good points of reference provided here guys. Well one.
                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD
                  My consciousness has always been Greek (due to my education): this not something that can be changed in one day to the next. However, identifying my Macedonian roots for starters has been really important for me. I'll keep reading stuff around MTO, discussing, and I hope to get even more in the end in identifying myself.
                  Rest assured that nobody here will 'force' an identity on you, but every Macedonian you come across will have a clear Macedonian consciousness. You're still viewed with scepticism as we aren't familiar enough to form an accurate opinion (meaning you could still be a racist maggot, although we hope that's not the case). However, change does happen. Pending on wether or not you're a liar, I can relate your situation to several others that I have read about, been told about, and seen unfold. These Macedonians now understand their roots and history of their ancestry, and are proud of their true Macedonian heritage. They were ashamed about blindly living their lives as 'Greeks', like yourself for example.

Comment

• johnMKD
                    • Apr 2010

Rest assured that nobody here will 'force' an identity on you, but every Macedonian you come across will have a clear Macedonian consciousness. You're still viewed with scepticism as we aren't familiar enough to form an accurate opinion (meaning you could still be a racist maggot, although we hope that's not the case). However, change does happen. Pending on wether or not you're a liar, I can relate your situation to several others that I have read about, been told about, and seen unfold. These Macedonians now understand their roots and history of their ancestry, and are proud of their true Macedonian heritage. They were ashamed about blindly living their lives as 'Greeks', like yourself for example.
                    I can ensure you that I'm no liar. However this only my word, I have no ways of proving it. Only time will tell for this.
                    Change does happen. I'm sure about that. I just said that it's way too soon to change somebody's consciousness.
                    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

With respect and understanding you can go a long way. But remember, when one has a 'Eureka' moment, change is almost instantaneous.
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• johnMKD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                        With respect and understanding you can go a long way. But remember, when one has a 'Eureka' moment, change is almost instantaneous.
                        A "eureka" moment cannot provide you with the change itself, Daskalot, but it can start the process for it. My process has commenced and I'm glad for this.
                        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• makedonin
                          • Sep 2008

Identity is an Idea of one self and it's relation to other Individuals. That alone makes Identity dubious. In other words my Idea of what is to be Macedonian is not necesserally the same as the Idea of the other fellow Macedonians, what counts is the large amount of identical views. And no body said that this is wrong. What is wrong is the case when Greeks are asked, and instantly almost the 99% the same definition is given as reply. Diversity is the natures way.

So JohnMK, if you have a Greek Identity, and now have found out that there is more to it, say a Macedonian one, that does not mean that you have to be in contradiction with your self and oposed to us. If you accept us as Macedonians, than you won't face any hostility and enjoy acceptance from our side, even though you are Greek. Other wise, you will get an blow in your face.
                          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• johnMKD
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                            Identity is an Idea of one self and it's relation to other Individuals. That alone makes Identity dubious. In other words my Idea of what is to be Macedonian is not necesserally the same as the Idea of the other fellow Macedonians, what counts is the large amount of identical views. And no body said that this is wrong. What is wrong is the case when Greeks are asked, and instantly almost the 99% the same definition is given as reply. Diversity is the natures way.

So JohnMK, if you have a Greek Identity, and now have found out that there is more to it, say a Macedonian one, that does not mean that you have to be in contradiction with your self and oposed to us. If you accept us as Macedonians, than you won't face any hostility and enjoy acceptance from our side, even though you are Greek. Other wise, you will get an blow in your face.
                            I think so far you gave the best statement for my situation, makedonin. I'm not in contradiction with you, because I don't want to be in contradiction also with me. I am Macedonian, as you are. It's quite a large pill to swallow everything that I'm reading here [you have to realise that all of my education has been Greek], but here they are all well proven and they follow my previous instincts I had on that. Therefore, I'll stick around if you don't mind to get the best out of it.
                            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• El Bre
                              • Sep 2008

Yannaki,

Read, learn, ask questions...and most of all, enjoy the ride. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                                I think so far you gave the best statement for my situation, makedonin. I'm not in contradiction with you, because I don't want to be in contradiction also with me. I am Macedonian, as you are. It's quite a large pill to swallow everything that I'm reading here [you have to realise that all of my education has been Greek], but here they are all well proven and they follow my previous instincts I had on that. Therefore, I'll stick around if you don't mind to get the best out of it.
                                John, if you really are from Italy now, you know your kids could easily become perfect Italians with no regard for what the reality was before them. In the same way, your people adopted the Greek identity. The clues of your people's ancestry are with you and you know them well. Without the Greek blinkers on, you can easily arrive at other conclusions. The only question really is how important is the truth for you.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X