X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
    The SBS census explorer provides some interesting statistics. It's done by language use, not ancestry, so the numbers will be even less for Macedonians. It gives a vague overview of every suburb too. According to this, there are only 4 others (apart from my family) that speak Macedonian in my suburb lol.

http://www.sbs.com.au/censusexplorer/
    Yeah I have looked at it quite a lot its pretty interesting. However seeing the amount of Greek speakers in Australia makes me wanna puke
    No wonder we have not been recognised under the name Macedonia by Australia yet, there is just so many of these Greeks here.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

The Australian Census is due tomorrow, 10 August 2021.

As a reminder to readers from Australia, support the cause by ensuring that you declare the following (where applicable for the first three):

Place of birth: Macedonia

Place of father's birth: Macedonia

Place of mother's birth: Macedonia

Language(s) spoken: Macedonian

What is the person's ancestry? Macedonian

What is the person's religion? Macedonian Orthodox
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

One thing I am always uncertain of is whether to list the country as Macedonia or Greece, as my family are from Aegean Macedonia: listing it as Macedonia counts towards the Republic of Macedonia whereas listing it as Greece contributes to raising awareness that there exists a large Macedonian community in Australia from what is now internationally seen as northern Greece.
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

List it as Macedonia. It is a homage to your ancestral land and removes the ambiguity that Greek statisticians will take advantage of to manipulate the results.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
          X