Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNikoWhiteIch
    • Oct 2014

Philosopher, yes I do mean linguistically.

Also, I found another word that they have that's similar to one of ours. According to a lexicon on their language, they use the word "Ја (Ya)," when referring to oneself. This is nearly like our "Јас (Yas) "

On the other hand, according to the same lexicon, their language has many cognates with the Basque language (thought to be another isolated language). I'll post the full lexicon later on.

Comment

• TheNikoWhiteIch
      • Oct 2014

Ok, I found a fairly complete on-line glossary of the Burushaski language. I'll post more and more later on, but for now I'll post the body parts.

Bácin: animal's hind leg above the hock.

Bumbálten: ankle

Bur: single strand of hair

Galgí: fin or wing

Gáan: Heel

Hútes/Utis: Foot

Jaláalimin: long hair

Kin/Ken: finger

Kúur: finger joint or toe joint

Melc: Jaw or Jawbone

Mis/Mes: finger or toe

Moqis: cheek or face

Multur: nostril

Mus: nose, snout

Pat/Phat: side

Pholgo/Phulguuy: Feather

Qet: Armpit

Qhasin: hind end, arse

Xhat/Qhat: Mouth

San: spleen

Su(i): navel/umbilical cord

Susun/Sesen: elbow

Tal: stomach or belly

Tano: colon or rectum

Tar(i): Skin or hide

Ten (Ltin): bone

Tur (Ltur): Horn

Ul: belly/bowels

Yaldir: ribs

---The only word similar to a Macedonian word that I know of is "mus" meaning nose being similar to "nos." Likely just a similarity due to both being I.E. languages.---

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Pakistan's Hunza: We are proud to be Macedonians and we are not Greek

Pakistan's Hunza: We are proud to be Macedonians and we are not Greek

11 January, 19:09

Interview by Zoran Coseski with Mr- Safder Karim a Hunza student at the Sydney University

Mr- Safder Karim, where are the Hunza and Kalash people from and where do they live?

The people of Hunza and Kalash are the ancestors of Alexander the Great . The great Alexander was the king of Macedonia. So logically we migrated from Macedonia to Hunza and we are the generation of Alexander's army who never returned to Macedonia.

What is your view about the Greek cultural centres being opened in the Hunza and Kalash regions?

There are no Greek cultural centers opened in Hunza Amit in Kalash and we won't let anyone to open any centres of their culture if they are not Macedonian . We are proud to be Macedonian and we are not Greek.

Is your heritage Greek or Macedonian?

I m totally confused why Greeks think that we are Greeks. Alexander was Macedonian so to clarify everything, our ancestors were Macedonians not Greeks. The Greeks have tried very hard to make us Greek but they won't get us to become Greek. We belong to the Macedonian culture and to Macedonia. We never mix with any other culture. In the ancient world there was no country called Greece, there was a Macedonian kingdom with a king and a city states around Athens.

Tell us about your Language?

Our language is very similar many words are similar. We speak the Burushaki language. This language is only spoken by the people of Alexander’s descendants in today's Pakistan .

What message do you have for the Macedonian people around the world?

There are many things I would love to tell the Macedonian community firstly we are Brothers and the children of one father, our culture is the same our language is the same our music is also the same. We can't change our Macedonian identity, no one can change their identity. I would say that there must be opportunities for the people of Hunza and the people of Macedonia to take steps to build relationships between Hunza and Macedonia because there are many other cultures like the Greeks who trying to show that we are Greeks . There should be a proper set up for the students of Hunza to go to Macedonia and get an education and also learn the Macedonian language. When they get back to Hunza they can teach the Macedonian language .There are many things to build relationship between Hunza and Macedonia and we must take step now. We love our brothers and we are proud to be descendents of the great KING ALEXANDER of Makedon . So time to show unity time to be one its time to find opportunities to make the boundaries closer to each other.

At the end I would Say long live Hunza long live Macedonia and long live our brotherhood
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

New short video on the Kalash:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Thanks for the video. The part of about Kalash youth voluntarily converting to Islam is a good case example of the indirect pressure felt by minority cultures / peoples to assimilate when they are not afforded the same protections of law, rights and opportunities.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
              Thanks for the video. The part of about Kalash youth voluntarily converting to Islam is a good case example of the indirect pressure felt by minority cultures / peoples to assimilate when they are not afforded the same protections of law, rights and opportunities.
              Pakistan is an Islamic country, the purpose of its creation in 1947 was a country strictly for the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. Of course the British partioned India horribly and the border did not as still don't reflect the religious demographics of the region. This is why the government seeks to assimilate all non-muslim groups and also to quash nationalism among Muslim-majority people such as the Balochs.
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                • Jul 2012

Who Are Pakistan's Descendants Of Alexander The Great?
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

It is likely that the Kalash are an ancient tribe of northern Eurasia.

A 2015 study suggested that the Kalash have genetic linkages to Paleolithic Siberian hunter-gatherers “and might represent an extremely drifted ancient northern Eurasian population that also contributed to European and Near Eastern ancestry.” This research did not support the idea that the Kalash people have any link to Alexander’s soldiers.

URLs:

Comment

Working...
                  X