• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uskana
    Banned
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
    Uskana, you state that Albanians in Macedonia should have Albanian universities in Macedonia.
    'You also state they should have equal representation in the bureaucratic system.
    You also state in another post that Albanians in Macedonia should not be compulsory to speak Macedonian for them

In Australia, a country that is multicultural and diverse in languages, nationalities and different cultures it is COMPULSORY everyone communicate in the English language.
    All schooling is COMPULSORY in the English language.
    UNIVERSITIES communicate in English.

Migrants have emigrated to this country and can read and write and speak the national language which is English. The proportion of Anglo-Saxon migrants here in comparison to over 200 different migrant groups is not that large.

Australia affords all migrants the right to go to their own church services, to worship in whatever they choose, and also affords migrants the right to maintain their culture within the parameters of what is socially and legally acceptable by this countrys rules.

They allow migrants to hold language classes separately for migrants and their offspring.

Albanians in Macedonia have no right to demand what it is you are asking.

The Macedonians in Albania ? What about them? why cant they have the same demands you are making on Macedonia? And dont spout statistics and numbers . Because we all know that its bullshit how many Albanians are residing in RoM!
    Most of them are the Kosovo refugees that RoM harbored and provided shelter to, at the insistence of USA
    The same Albanians that now shit on the Macedonians
    Don't compare us to migrants. Albanians in the United States, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and etc. do not ask for these rights. Albanians in Macedonia are native to the land and we deserve our rights. If the Macedonians in Albania made up even close to 20% I think you would deserve those rights as well.

As for as I know the Macedonians in Albania have the following rights:

-Right to organize
    -Political representation
    -Macedonian Tv and Radio rights
    -Primary schools in Macedonia
    -Right to practice religion

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Albanians in Macedonia are native to the land????
      I will compare....
      if that is your argument, there are some Macedonians that have been in Australia for almost 100 years!
      And if you are going to be speaking and arguing that Albanians are indeed native to Macedonia, then I will bring up the indigenous Australians. They dont have their own universities, primary schools etc you ask for.
      What is your point? Aside from the territorial aspirations you have on RoM.

You seem to have a lot of statistics - by native how many have been native since 2001!
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Mastika, VMRO backed Fijat Canoski in the last local elections however Merku rigged the votes and thats how he won a second term. His University recently got shut down because it didnt meet the national standards. On the contrary Fijat Canoski and Velija Ramkovski are svatoj since his son married Velija's daughter, thats not a very good thing in my opinion as we all know who Velija Ramkovski is.
        I remember watching that wedding last time I was overseas(or at least i think it was his son that was getting married), it was like when we had the Princess Mary and Prince Frederik wedding here in Australia. LOL.

Merko is a criminal and needs to be locked up. It is disgusting that he is the mayor of Struga. VMRO only supported Fijat due to the exception circumstances, I would like to see nationwide cooperation as a sign of greater dialogue between Macedonians of all faiths.

Originally posted by Uskana View Post
        Irregularities in the voting system are common on both sides.
        Have you seen the videos of how they do Elections in Velesta? I recommend that you should watch what really goes down at voting time.

More then 25% of the classes are taught in Albanian language at the respective schools. We can even assume that most of children that take the Albanian language are predominately Albanian (although Macedonain Slavs learning the Albanian language has increased) and since all Albanians are required to learn Macedonian,a good portion of the Macedonian classes have Albanian students.
        You would think that a good portion of Macedonian classes have Albanians in them, but then you realise that Albanians have formed Albanian language classes across all of Macedonia. Naturally, they will learn in Albanian rather then Macedonian. You may be surprised at how many Albanians under 20 struggle to hold a basic conversation in Macedonian. The statistics given in the article are disturbing, however once you realise how many Macedonian Muslims and Roma are learning Albanian (due to practicality), the numbers do seem to even themselves out.

I wonder how many Roma, Bulgarian, Serbian, Vlach and etc claim to be Macedonian. Oh wait, I guess Albanians are the only ones that take other gropus. You're 65% figure is much smaller if it were to be better analyzed into these groups.
        The only Bulgarians living in Macedonia new arrivals or those married to Macedonians. The Serbs have a proud heritage of identifying as such, and not as Macedonians, their number is relatively accurate. The Roma numbers are very appropriate. You are only right in one respect, with the Vlachs, many of whom identify as Macedonians, probably due to the fact that they were brought up as Macedonians and have lost the knowledge of Aromanian. There true number is probably somewhere around 20,000, however Macedonia has made great efforts to help the Aromanian language survive, however more needs to be done. The Vlachs have done well for themselves in Macedonia. The 65% if anything would increase to 68% or 70%. However, lets wait for the results of the next census before we can say anything authoritative.

Comment

• Uskana
          Banned
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
          Albanians in Macedonia are native to the land????
          I will compare....
          if that is your argument, there are some Macedonians that have been in Australia for almost 100 years!
          And if you are going to be speaking and arguing that Albanians are indeed native to Macedonia, then I will bring up the indigenous Australians. They dont have their own universities, primary schools etc you ask for.
          What is your point? Aside from the territorial aspirations you have on RoM.

You seem to have a lot of statistics - by native how many have been native since 2001!
          From what I know the Australians do not even acknowledge the mistretment of the Aboriginals so it's a bad example to use. I believe Canada has English and French speaking parts. Why don't you use them as an example?

And the 1994 census showed that Albanians made over 20% of Macedonia. The same census many Albanians refused to participate in because they felt they would be underrepresented.

I don't understand this chicken and the egg games you guys play. It is acknowledge by most historians that we are Illyrian, and would thus be natives to all the balkans You're Macedonian roots are not accepted by many, if any. Many Macedonians are thought to be Bulgarian and/or Serbian who invaded the Balkans. But I don't want to divulge in this topic because history is not my strong suite. I'm just stating the facts.

It's not as if Albanians came from another continent or even a different region, we live primarily in the same area. Using some immigrant comparison is not comparable.

Comment

• Epirot
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Epirot, Pristina is a small city i've been there many times its no bigger then Podgorica by size and population. If Pristina had over 600,000 people that would make it one of the largest cities in the Former YU and that was never the case, Nish and Novi Sad are much bigger cities then Pristina and they have a population of around 350,000.
            Prolet, you dare to make an assumption based into a personal impression you got after a simple visit in Prishtina?!
            Before 20 years Prishtina was smaller than Nish or Novi Sad (as you said) but now the case is different since the post-war period is marked by a great influx of Albanians of rural districts toward the city, a phenomenon that has occurred in many countries. After all, I base my claim into relevant statistics recognized by foreign (i.e neutral) sources.
            IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

If you're still coming to this conclusion after what I just told you then I don't know what to say. But I'll play along and say sure. Keep believing that Kosovar Albanians migrated to Macedonia. Serbs claim they migrated from Albania to Kosovo, then the Macedonians claim they migrated from Kosova to Macedonia, whats next, they migrate back to Albania to finish the cycle?
              No Uskana. I said the ones who do not know Macedonian but do know Serbian. How can you explain this phenomena rationally? I suspect you cannot, hence the emoticons.

I am positive some ethnic Albanians have been in Macedonia for quite a long time. The lure of the muslim guns gave them little reason to stay in their homelands as well as retain their christian traditions.

The torch of the fatherland? Puhleez. Those countries are part of a federal government, as will Macedonia be in the future.
              You see, this is why I believe many ethnic Albanians (mostly the recent immigrants) are enemies of the Macedonian State. They care little for the Macedonian State and would sooner see it amalgamated with a greater Albania.

I will say I'm not too familiar with the Badinter model or the 2 votes for every 1 vote. But I believe Albanian should be an official language in Macedonia, we should have Albanian universities in Macedonia and have equal representation in the bureaucratic system.
              If you are not familiar with the Badinter model, you are a peasant who does not deserve the discussion we have been having. Having said that, the notion of equal representation for a minority is utter rubbish and should not be tolerated for a moment. I actually strongly believe in equal representation for all individuals. What do you think? I also agree with official languages and universities. And most did before 2001 as well. What a pity (dare I say dumb) people like you do not even understand the Badinter model and its impact upon Macedonia.

I asked you to explain what proportion or percentage should a minority be before it makes a difference. Your other posts suggest that if a minority is around 20%, then the mongrel reverse discrimination policies should be allowed. Kosovo is part of a nation and the ethnic Albanians constitute about 11% of that nation. Perhaps the war with Serbia was a naughty joke and the ethnic Albanians were indeed very lucky to have the support of NATO and Co.

I hope you have enjoyed your time here Uskana. We are looking for real dialogue with intelligent people here and given that you know so little about Macedonia, I question your continued participation here.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Frank
                Banned
                • Mar 2010

High time to monitor this thread admins

Our new resident Albanian guest has called us "Slav” Macedonians and old Bulgarian Serb immigrants WARNING!!

But on this theme of language of the State and responsibility to it

Macedonian language speakers make up 68% of the population a majority in anyone’s speaks

To be a part of Macedonians society you MUST speak and communicate in the Majority Lange it is the most fundamental avenue of Integration no separation

Argument closed

On Macedonian rights in the Republic of Albania

• The MOC and religious assembly is very limited all and most churches still remain closed shells after years of Communist era abuse
                • Macedonian language classless are limited Albanian Authorities are always placing red tape obstacles
                • An internationally monitored Population census in Albania has never occurred

3 standouts

If Macedonian-Albanians chose not to speak the Macedonian language then they deserve to be stripped of Citizenship and access to State services denied

If I practiced what Macedonian-Albanians demand in Australia exactly above would happen
                Last edited by Frank; 07-25-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Uskana
                  We can even assume that most of children that take the Albanian language are predominately Albanian (although Macedonain Slavs learning the Albanian language has increased)..........
                  That's your last warning.
                  It is acknowledge by most historians that we are Illyrian
                  Acknowledged by whom? Based on what? What is Illyrian on you? Which Illyrians words do Albanians use? It is a 19th century fiction that you people have been fed by some Austrian.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Uskana
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2010

Sorry if I called you a Macedonian Slav. I have posted quite a lot in the past few days since many were eager to ask me questions and have a discussion. I had a lady curse my mother out, someone else call me a peasant but your upset that I used the word "Macedonian Slav." Well fck me royally.

Edit:

Not to mention, people are comparing Albanians to the Turks in Germany and many others have used Albanian insults.
                    Last edited by Uskana; 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I called you dumb as well as a peasant.
                      It seemed appropriate at the time.
                      I take back the peasant descriptor.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

If you feel that you've been given a rough ride here, take a look at the things you stated and posted when you arrived, and your attitude towards Macedonians since that point. I don't see your use of 'Macedonian Slav' as an error, or in context, rather, it is an idiotic effort to insult Macedonians. I already told you that you will get as good as you give here in terms of respect, you have so far failed to adhere to this good advice. Consequently, should you continue to behave like some racist fool, you will only have yourself to blame for actions subsequent to your own.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• CA_RO
                          • May 2010

ICJ: The Case of Kosovo vs. Republic of Serbia

Now that the ICJ has proclaim its legal but non binding advisory opinion in favor of Kosovo. It is now an important signal for both parties to move forward and to work together as partners side by side.

I honestly do not think Serbia's inability to drop the case of Serbia's territorial integrity arguments is going to do anyone any favors.

I have no intention of sounding critical towards any party. The longer this dispute continues the more tensions continue to simmer.

I personally have no opinion about whether Kosovo should be independent or not and I intend not to formulate an opinion now or in the future.

I hope now that the advisory opinion has been made this can help bring reconciliation and peace to the troubled Balkans.

I have lived in Central European countries for a number of years and I have to say that Central Europe is far more advanced then the Balkans in terms of conflict resolution, reconciliation and peace.

This is a perfect opportunity for Serbia and Kosovo to work together, establish diplomatic relations, learn to invest in each other and learn about the culture of the two. Getting to know and understanding their partners is one of the pillars to peace and stability in a region. Gaining trust is of utmost importance.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Uskana,

You still havn't answered any of my questions - What makes Albanians special? Why do they deserve special treatment? Why do they deserve anything more than individual rights and responsibilities and individual equality before the law - just like Macedonians?

I now have another question - if Albanians are the direct descendants of Illyrians, why the name change?
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              Uskana,

I now have another question - if Albanians are the direct descendants of Illyrians, why the name change?
                              Good question. I have always wondered that. Other groups have carried their names to be used in todays country names.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

MoFA on ICJ Kosovo ruling

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Friday it has closely followed the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) over the legality of the Kosovo independence, assessing it as a significant decision of a

Skopje, 23 July 2010 (MIA) - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Friday it has closely followed the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) over the legality of the Kosovo independence, assessing it as a significant decision of a relevant international body, having a specific international legal weight.

MoFA assesses that the ICJ decision confirms the international legal credibility of Macedonia's policy regarding the recognition of Kosovo's independence.

"The Ministry believes such an advisory opinion by the ICJ represents a good foundation and strong incentive for enhancement of good neighborly relations and regional cooperation, as well as opening a new chapter in building mutual trust among regional states", reads the press release.

Comment

Working...
                                X