X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Slav Macedonians

I keep reading this term used by Western media for ethnic Macedonians. As much as it angers me, it also confuses me. Especially when it attempts to describe ethnic Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.

What purpose does it serve? There is only one ethnic Macedonian group and yet there are quite a few Slavic Macedonians. If we are to subscribe to this moniker, then the confusion would rest quite heavily on the many slavic speaking ethnicities in Macedonia. We could be describing citizens of Macedonia who are ethnically Macedonians, Serbs, Bulgars, Croatians, Torbeshi etc. when we say "Slav Macedonians".

Yet Albanians are afforded simple descriptors like Albanians (shock, horror). Does it really have to be this hard for ethnic Macedonians?

A slavic Macedonian can be one of a number of ethnicities and many journalists are either too ignorant to understand this or have a systematic policy of undermining the Macedonian ethnicity and identity. Either way, they are not helping their reader in any way whatsoever. Enough is enough.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Agreed, it is like saying a Slavic Albanian, who could be either an ethnic Macedonian, ethnic Montenegrin or ethnic Serb from Albania.

There is only one reason they do this, and that is Greece. I would never accept such a term, where in this day and age it only serves to reduce the unique significance of the ethnic Macedonian, no Macedonian would.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

The only thing we can do in this case is send in massive emails and letters to big time newspapers, magazines, and news stations that continue this nonsense. Shall we post contact info for the major media sources and begin to protest this use of "slav" being in front of the word Macedonian?
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I think we need to ask them which "slav Macedonian" are they referring to and whether they realise how much confusion they are causing by not referring to ethnic Macedonians.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• ZAS
          • May 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          The only thing we can do in this case is send in massive emails and letters to big time newspapers, magazines, and news stations that continue this nonsense. Shall we post contact info for the major media sources and begin to protest this use of "slav" being in front of the word Macedonian?
          No,
          the only thing that we can do is stop people like STEFOV and his hard line SLAVISTS from trying to brainwash the proper Macedonian folk as well as OUTSIDERS and WESTERNERS, into maintaining that we are slavs and nothing else.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

ZAS, you should read Stefov's articles one day.
            You will realise he is saying something quite opposite to what you are saying.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• King Makedon
              • Apr 2009

I totally agree, as i earlier posted all western medias usually describe us as such, exept the Dutch, and the Flamic Belgians.
              I think we have to orginize us a little bit. We hsve to write to all major TV Stations around the world and and bombard them with protest letters. So that in Future this kind of errors won't happen again.
              Last edited by King Makedon; 08-02-2009, 07:53 PM.
              ]
              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Z Apostolovski's Student View Post
                No,
                the only thing that we can do is stop people like STEFOV and his hard line SLAVISTS from trying to brainwash the proper Macedonian folk as well as OUTSIDERS and WESTERNERS, into maintaining that we are slavs and nothing else.
                To clear any (mis)conception that you have just written something due to unrestrained impulse, perhaps you can point us to the actual article of Risto Stefov where he has provided a hard line view of maintaining that we are slavs and nothing else.

I am sure all readers familiar with Risto Stefov and his work will be extremely interested in your findings. Let us know how it goes.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Z Apostolovski's Student View Post
                  No,
                  Funny you say this because Risto Stefov is claiming the opposite of what you say.

Could you just give us a reference where he states what you claim he states?
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

What is a Macedonians Slav?
                    If it's a ethnic Macedonian person who speaks a language which is part of the Slavic group of languages than it might make sanse.
                    Slav is not an ethnic group as far as I am aware?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

It isn't, therefore is not necessary.

Perhaps the following could be applied to all nations....
                      • Macedonian-Slav
                      • French-Latin
                      • Dutch-German

.......perhaps, in a deluded world peopled by internet Greeks.

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        It isn't, therefore is not necessary.

Perhaps the following could be applied to all nations....
                        • Macedonian-Slav
                        • French-Latin
                        • Dutch-German

.......perhaps, in a deluded world peopled by internet Greeks.
                        Yeah you are right, it's totaly stupid

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                          If it's a ethnic Macedonian person who speaks a language which is part of the Slavic group of languages than it might make sanse.
                          Yeah sure, it makes sense like that. But it also makes sense as a Serbian who is a Macedonian citizen. Whereas as "ethnic Macedonians" is far more precise and meaningful.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            Yeah sure, it makes sense like that. But it also makes sense as a Serbian who is a Macedonian citizen. Whereas as "ethnic Macedonians" is far more precise and meaningful.
                            Well thhey can't be serious if the use Slav Macedonians to describe our ethnicity, that is plain stupid really. Our language may be part of the Slavic group of languages but in no way has anything to do with our ethnicity. I speak English too, does that make me English?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

We all agree, it is stupid and based on nothing more than ignorance!
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X