Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

404 error - This is not the page you requested - use our search tool or navigate the featured links to reach the Defence information, news and analysis you need

...the ethnically Macedonian Torbeshi and Gorani populations...

The Gorani group in Macedonia and Kosovo are kin also.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

Yes, and we must not disrespect their decision. I was talking about ideas of people, not spreading propaganda. When a Macedonian says that Gorani are just Macedonians, that is disrespectful too. No need to spread propaganda, just thinking it is enough.

If the guy in the second video says that Gorani are originally Macedonians, how many of the Gorani would agree with him on that? Learn not to speak in the name of the nation, not all will agree with you.
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

We must also respect their decision, and if they choose to declare as Macedonians you must not disrespect this.

Slovak, no Macedonian on this thread has said that Gorani are just Macedonians. What you are talking about is what Bulgarians and probably even Serbs, non-official and official, have done and continue to do.

Also, the guy in the second video is Ismail Bojda, who was born in Brod, Gora region (Kosovo) and is the President of Macedonians of the Islamic faith, I don't know how many Gorani would agree with him, but the number will surely not be small given that he is one of them and an elected representative.

You seem to have an issue with this Slovak, we are not making it up, this is the way many of them wish to identify, I can't help but feel that what you are saying is coming from the Serb citizen in you. What is the big deal if they choose to identify as Macedonians as many of them do?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

Serb citizen? I criticize the Serbs for same things. I hate the idea of nations and I support all separatism in any place in the world. I have no respect for any state's sovereignty and integrity. I believe in a world of individuals, families and humanity. Anything between those I do not recognize. So I support the idea that Gorani should not identify themselves as anything but Gorani because I do not want to see them as part of any nation. If they want to, that's their problem.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Fair enough, but if they want to identify as Macedonians because of the abovementioned common ties, then this is not a problem, given the connected history of the past. I appeciate your opinion Slovak and I know your view on nations, you hate them all but at the end of the day the decision lies with them.

Comment

• Delodephius
              • Sep 2008

Damn straight!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Fair enough, but if they want to identify as Macedonians because of the abovementioned common ties, then this is not a problem, given the connected history of the past. I appeciate your opinion Slovak and I know your view on nations, you hate them all but at the end of the day the decision lies with them.
                I found them quite easy to understand.
                And am sure they would embrace Macedonism if they were given support to celebrate their identity. But I support their distinct identity which has taken them 600 years to define.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Delodephius
                  • Sep 2008

They do not use definite articles at the ends of nouns or verbs. After all, nearly all of south-eastern Serbia does not use cases. To me, they sound like Serbs much more than Macedonians and even more than Bulgarians. I of course oppose to any kind of -isms except Goranism. We should support that. Macedonia is not the answer.

Comment

• osiris
                    • Sep 2008

gee slovak to me they sounded like macedonians who were every now and then lapsing into serbiansims, something they most likely picked up form school. given most would have been schooled in serbian.

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

Do you know what a language continuum is?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Osiris makes a point, they would have been educated in Serbian. Surely this would have influence.I noticed no definite articles, but in some instances it was almost inferred. Interesting stuff nevertheless.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Delodephius
                          • Sep 2008

This is a colour continuum:

Now languages, and particularly Slavic languages, exist in a language continuum. On the picture none of the dots from which the picture is made are of the exact same colour as any of it's neighbouring dots. They are however quite similar. But as one moves in any direction, the dots that are further away from the starting dot are more and more different. This is how Slavic languages are also spread geographically. You can only put political borders on them, not lingual. Each dialect is a bit different from the other and the third dialect is even more different from the first one. Where does one set a border then? One shouldn't, but people do anyway. To me, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Serbian, etc. do not exist as natural languages. They are artificial ones, and they are extremely arrogant because they have the audacity to call the true natural languages as mere dialects and cherry pick those who they think deserve to be theirs. But they get into fight over some of these natural languages which number in hundreds, and fight over them like vultures over a dead corpse. And the natural languages wither away while new ones are born only to be killed later on by ignorant humans. And at times, one language is chosen to be a standard language and it too will try to destroy the natural languages.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

All agreeable stuff.
                            But how would we define a "Natural Language"?
                            The obvious continuum is confirmation that no language is the "correct" one ... but merely it is what it is.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Delodephius
                              • Sep 2008

A natural language is the one which has no written standard, in other words, has no rules beyond the wish of its speaker/s. An artificial language is one which has set rules to which speakers must accommodate and not vice versa.

If I'm not mistaken, the language of Bitola and some place else was chosen to be the standard language of Macedonia. It was chosen for practical purposes because speakers from Tetovo in the north and those of Voden in the south (just examples) could understand it even though their dialects are much further from one another, as it should be in a language continuum. But speakers from Tetovo can understand speakers from southern Serbia much better than the dialects of Voden, which like their language is considered a Macedonian dialect, yet the closer to them language of southern Serbia is not. Why? I'll tell you why. Because natural languages don't give a damn about politics. Macedonian, Serbian, Bulgarian, these are all languages born out of politics. They are based on natural languages but they are artificial and are nurtured as such. Imagine if people wrote and spoke in their own language and not use the standard. Yes, there would be a far lesser rate of understanding each other, but why not use then just one standard language instead of hundreds around the world? Why? I'll tell you why: because of politics, that's why. Each lord has in his domain a language with which he controls his subjects so that they would consider themselves different from their neighbours and ensure that they will be more loyal to him. That is how nationalism was born. Nationalism was created by individuals seeking power, not peoples who sought freedom from monarchs and tyrants. These individuals sought power and if it meant creating something so artificial as a nation, then so be it. To ordinary people they might seem as heroes and some of them even might have been. But were these true heroes nationalists or humanists? Were they fighting for power and domination or for freedom of people, no matter who these people were? And once a realm is created, the people need to be united so as not to be swayed away by other realms against their masters. Politics>nationalism>national language standard. One language = one people. Such effective propaganda. Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, all speak the same language, but if they each call it their own name, it sounds as if it belongs just to them, that they are more unique, and if they are unique plus flamed in anger against those which were portrait as different from them, the people become a tool in the hands of power seekers. And that is what happened in Yugoslavia.

Comment

• Delodephius
                                • Sep 2008

Here is map that shows my stance towards states:

Etc.

I.E. I don't respect territorial integrity of any state.
                                Last edited by Delodephius; 09-28-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X