Comment

• tchaiku
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Don't know much Bulgarian but I'd say along the lines of:

One People
      One King
      One Kingdom
      Those words play no significant role on the controversy of the picture so if the photoshopper felt the need to edit the picture for just those words it would not make sense. It is quite easy to see that other parts were photoshopped too.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
        This picture is even used by wikipedia.
        Bulgarian falsifications run deep
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Vasil Aprilov is another figure of history considered important to the "Bulgarian National Revival"

The underlined text from Nikola Nikitov's Apostles of the Bulgarian Freedom on Aprilov reads as followed:

'Till then [before he read Juri Venelin's work], he [Vasil Aprilov] used to say, he was Greek and was very useful to the Greeks. He signed up as a Russian as well: Vasili Evstatievich.'

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Is anyone able to confirm the authenticity of this flag supposedly utilised by the Ohrid ceta of VMRO?

The flag appears to be in this photo here taken with Petar Caulev and his ceta:

Here are two closeups of similar (or the same?) flags with the same symbolism but not appearing to contain the Bulgarian flag:

Comment

• Apr 2014

A clearer photo

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Best I got.

Am i correct in thinking this photo was taken during world war 2, where Hitler would have still been alive?
                Last edited by Bill77; 04-13-2018, 08:30 AM.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  Am i correct in thinking this photo was taken during world war 2, where Hitler would have still been alive?
                  It was taken following the Bulgarian occupation of Skopje

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

It was taken following the Bulgarian occupation of Skopje
                    Then it would have been before Tito became a leader.

This photo is circling a lot lately around social media during discussions in the latest name dispute. It only just occurred to me, that banner, map of the whole of Macedonia........ doesn't do well to the Greeks (who love spreading this image) propaganda on Macedonians being created by Tito.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Then it would have been before Tito became a leader.

This photo is circling a lot lately around social media during discussions in the latest name dispute. It only just occurred to me, that banner, map of the whole of Macedonia........ doesn't do well to the Greeks (who love spreading this image) propaganda on Macedonians being created by Tito.
                      Does anyone know for certain which is the original photo and which is the photo-shopped one?

If the sign “One people, one king, one kingdom” was actually photo-shopped in, then that explains quite a lot. I too have seen this photo doing the rounds at various places where it's been used as evidence to show people's true sympathies regarding the Bulgarian occupation. “Bulgarian occupation” in the sense that, today, we know that is exactly what it was. In the minds of the naïve Macedonians, that came out to welcome the Bulgarians and pose with them for photos, they would have regarded them as saviours from the intolerable Serbian repression and the possible next step to Macedonian re-unification. ..And, if Hitler was the guy to bring that about, then so be it.

The division of Macedonia would still have been fresh in their minds at this time – Only 30 years since the Balkan wars and 40 years since the Ilinden Uprising. In addition, they would have been well aware that IMRO was still very active in Bulgaria while it was being persecuted by the Serbs in “Vardar Banovina” or “Southern Serbia”.

So, in the context of all this, coupled with the photo of a united Macedonia standing alone, with no Bulgaria in sight, it would be understandable from a Bulgarian point of view (and a Greek view) if someone wanted to photo-shop a sign in that suggests kinship with the invading Bulgarians.

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                        Does anyone know for certain which is the original photo and which is the photo-shopped one?

If the sign “One people, one king, one kingdom” was actually photo-shopped in, then that explains quite a lot. I too have seen this photo doing the rounds at various places where it's been used as evidence to show people's true sympathies regarding the Bulgarian occupation. “Bulgarian occupation” in the sense that, today, we know that is exactly what it was. In the minds of the naïve Macedonians, that came out to welcome the Bulgarians and pose with them for photos, they would have regarded them as saviours from the intolerable Serbian repression and the possible next step to Macedonian re-unification. ..And, if Hitler was the guy to bring that about, then so be it.

The division of Macedonia would still have been fresh in their minds at this time – Only 30 years since the Balkan wars and 40 years since the Ilinden Uprising. In addition, they would have been well aware that IMRO was still very active in Bulgaria while it was being persecuted by the Serbs in “Vardar Banovina” or “Southern Serbia”.

So, in the context of all this, coupled with the photo of a united Macedonia standing alone, with no Bulgaria in sight, it would be understandable from a Bulgarian point of view (and a Greek view) if someone wanted to photo-shop a sign in that suggests kinship with the invading Bulgarians.
                        The photo with the sign is the real one.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          So many Maso's say it's fake

Comment

• Karposh
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            Thanks for the reply Niko. I had no reason to doubt the authenticity of the photo with the sign either but now that some conjecture has been thrown onto it, I felt I needed confirmation from someone who might know. Do you mind if I ask how you know it is the original one as you seem to have responded with some authority and confidence there.

Comment

• tchaiku
                              • Nov 2016

Thanks for the reply Niko. I had no reason to doubt the authenticity of the photo with the sign either but now that some conjecture has been thrown onto it, I felt I needed confirmation from someone who might know. Do you mind if I ask how you know it is the original one as you seem to have responded with some authority and confidence there.
                              I wonder who is holding the map up.
                              Last edited by tchaiku; 04-15-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

The first time I saw the photo was with the sign. The other appeared years after on some Macedonian facebook group. The sign fits into the ideology of the Bulgarian occupation at the time. They were trying to make Macedonians think they are liberators who will unite Macedonia. They did the same thing in Lerin. Unification would later be followed by annexation, hence the slogan "One nation, one king, one kingdom". Not sure why this is so hard for people today to understand.

So many Maso's say it's fake
                                Tell your friends on facebook that by censoring/photoshoping images they are only giving more strength to our enemies and damaging the Macedonian cause, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X