X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...os-at-nfl-game

Days after facing criticism for being photographed maskless at Sunday’s Rams-49ers playoff game, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has offered an explanation: He was holding his breath. “I think we should focus on what’s real,” Garcetti said at a SoFi Stadium news conference Wednesday. “I wore my mask the entire game. And when people ask for a photograph, I hold my breath.” “There’s a 0% chance of infection from that,” Garcetti added.
    https://nypost.com/2022/02/14/la-may...ss-super-bowl/

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and a host of Hollywood celebs have been slammed as hypocrites for refusing to don masks at the Super Bowl in defiance of the local mandate. The California city’s health department had repeatedly noted that “masks will be required at the stadium” for Sunday’s big game — and even gave out upgraded KN95 ones to everyone in attendance. But footage from private boxes at SoFi Stadium showed the vast majority of celeb attendees watching the Rams’ victory with their faces cover-free. A photo being widely shared online even appeared to catch Garcetti, 51, chatting to a group while none of them wore masks — despite the mayor taking flak for a similar slip two weeks earlier.
    Did Garcetti hold his breath once more? It's like Obama's birthday party all over again. Tell the slaves and peasants to wear a mask while the elite and rich do whatever they want. It is little wonder why people all over the world are sick of these jesters and their hypocrisy. Never have politicians and celebrities been distrusted and despised as they are these days.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

It's utterly infuriating. All of this posturing and everyone knows it isn't true.
      The narrative is changing but so is the rhetoric. A battle is looming. Trudeau just launched his attack by declaring the truckies and their supporters as terrorists and creating laws to seize "terrorist" funds.

None of this would have been believed two years ago.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Trudeau vows to freeze anti-mandate protesters' bank accounts

Canada's prime minister says police will also be given "more tools" to imprison or fine demonstrators.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has taken the unprecedented step of invoking the Emergencies Act to crack down on anti-vaccine mandate protests.

Mr Trudeau said the scope of the measures would be "time-limited", "reasonable and proportionate" and would not see the military deployed.

With no need for a court order, banks will be able freeze personal accounts of anyone linked with the protests.

Hundreds of demonstrators remain in Canada's capital city.

On Sunday, law enforcement cleared anti-mandate protesters at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor - a critical pathway for Canada-US trade - after a week-long stalemate.

What began as a rally against a new rule that all truckers must be vaccinated to cross the US-Canada border, or quarantine upon return, has grown into a broader challenge to all Covid health restrictions.

"This is about keeping Canadians safe, protecting people's jobs," Mr Trudeau told a news conference on Monday.

He said the police would be given "more tools" to imprison or fine protesters and protect critical infrastructure.

Mr Trudeau told reporters the legislation would be applied temporarily and in a highly specific manner.

Critics have noted that the prime minister voiced support for farmers in India who blocked major highways to New Delhi for a year in 2021, saying at the time: "Canada will always be there to defend the right of peaceful protest."

Mr Trudeau's invoking of the Emergencies Act comes as demonstrations across Canada enter their third week.

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said at Monday's news conference that banks would be able freeze personal accounts of anyone linked with the protests without any need for a court order.

Vehicle insurance of anyone involved with the demonstrations can also be suspended, she added.

Ms Freeland said they were broadening Canada's "Terrorist Financing" rules to cover cryptocurrencies and crowdfunding platforms, as part of the effort.

"It's all about following the money," she said.

She spoke after hackers released details of what they said were 93,000 donations for the truckers totalling $8.4m (£6.2m) to the crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo.

The Emergencies Act, passed in 1988, requires a high legal bar to be invoked. It may only be used in an "urgent and critical situation" that "seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians". Lawful protests do not qualify.

Speaking on Monday, Canada's Justice Minister David Lametti argued these conditions had been met.

But the Canadian Civil Liberties Association disagreed, warning that the move "threatens our democracy and our civil liberties".

Ottawa protest leader Tamara Lich dismissed Mr Trudeau's move, telling AP News: "There are no threats that will frighten us. We will hold the line."

Ontario Premier Doug Ford, a Conservative, said he supported the federal government.

But the premiers of Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan said the emergency powers were not needed in their regions.

Before Mr Trudeau's announcement, Quebec Premier Francois Legault said invoking the Emergencies Act could "throw oil on the fire".

Will Trudeau succeed?
        Analysis by Jessica Murphy, BBC News, Toronto

Under growing pressure to bring the disruptive protests to an end - be it from the White House or increasingly frustrated Canadians - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has entered uncharted territory with the decision to invoke the never-before-used 1988 Emergencies Act, the country's most powerful tool for when it is facing a national emergency.

The powers announced by Mr Trudeau go into effect immediately - but his government has to present it to the House of Parliament and the Senate within a week and needs a green-light or the proclamation would be revoked.

All main Canadian federal political party leaders have said it's time for the protests - which have had an impact on supply chains, the national economy and the country's relations with the US - to end.

But they aren't all necessarily on board with Mr Trudeau's unprecedented move.

Conservative leader Candice Bergen voiced concern it could inflame the situation.

The support of NDP leader Jagmeet Singh may give Mr Trudeau enough votes to pass it through the House - though the Senate could still be a hurdle.

Is Trudeau losing his fight against truckers?

Protests are ongoing in various parts of the country.

In Ottawa, the nation's capital, between 400 to 500 trucks have been parked in the city centre for 18 days.

Protesters have also been blockading border crossing at Coutts, Alberta, and Emerson, Manitoba.

On Monday, Alberta police arrested 11 people and seized a cache of guns and other weapons.

Weekend protests have also taken place in cities including Toronto and Winnipeg.
        I believe he has just poked the hornet's nest.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• kompir
          • Jan 2015

Turdeau ke go krka za brgo vreme
          Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Dove
            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by kompir View Post
            Turdeau ke go krka za brgo vreme
            Chekame.

Ja imash videna Adern lately, velat je poikje 'unhinged'. Not so smug.

Comment

• Dove
              • Aug 2018

AVN Judicial Review

We're expecting the AVN Judicial Review Livestream at 2:15PM this afternoon. I am planning to tune in if possible. I hope this goes well.

Last week the attempt of the Youth Advocate Inc failed when their application to the High Court was dismissed (10 Feb 2022). They were trying to get an injunction on the jabs for 0-19 year olds. The application was deemed to be 'frivolous' and 'vexatious'. The application was due at 10:00am but was heard at 9:00am and had already ended before the protestors had arrived. They said in a video that the case failed on a technicality - that being that Scott Morrison approved the jabs and not the TGA but I have not been able to check or verify that information online despite trying.

Comment

• Dove
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                You just have to see this!!!!

Canberra Covidiot Madness - 1 minute of video

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ5h3l5...dium=copy_link
                They ran a news story on this - go figure.

Too crazy to ignore?

Police have confirmed the driver of a black SUV will be charged with negligent driving after a fiery confrontation on a Canberra road ended in a stunning collision.

The video is in the news story.

She got charged with negligent driving supposedly.

Comment

• kompir
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                  Chekame.

Ja imash videna Adern lately, velat je poikje 'unhinged'. Not so smug.
                  Ardern istata sudbina ja ceka, she is arguably worse than the Canadian lajno.

Comment

• Dove
                    • Aug 2018

LRAD's being used on the Protestors in Canberra

This is a hot topic at the moment.

Did the police use Long Range Acoustic Devices at the Convoy to Canberra?

There has been many attempts to paint anti-mandate protesters as extremists. It's not true and even the Federal Police have said so. At the protest some peop...

People are complaining of burns and feeling unwell.

The following video provides some explanation on the dangers of LRADs:

LRADS AND SOUND CANNONS ARE NOT SAFE. HERE'S HOW TO MINIMIZE THEIR EFFECTS.

Comment

• kompir
                      • Jan 2015

If LRAD's were used, it wasn't the cops but infiltrators posing as police.

Again, if LRAD's were used, there will be hell to pay; turns out someone I know was at the convoy and this person isn't someone that will lay down and go quietly into the night.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I won't bore you all, but the ABS finally issued some statistical observations about covid over the last 2 years.

Feel free to review it here:
                        COVID-19 deaths that occurred by 31 January 2022 that have been registered and received by the ABS

I will say this though. Looking at where people were born and their ages:

If you vaccinate your child, you are retarded and would most likely also jump off a cliff with a whole bunch of other sheep. I thought the Europeans were over-represented until I saw their ages.

While we are at it, as much as I have a healthy distaste for Victorians, I prefer they do not die too early:

If you are Victorian, you should be finding Dan Andrews and having a chat with him .... perhaps in an aged care home, with a bit of extra Midazolam rammed down his gullet.

What is Midazolam?
                        Official figures show out-of-hospital prescribing of the drug midazolam increased by more than 100 per cent in April compared to previous months. The claims are unverified and disputed.

Anyway, in a nutshell, any apologist for covid vaccinations now must look like a dim fuckwit and probably needs to get a booster ASAP.

Get ready for more taxes to service that foreign debt.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• kompir
                          • Jan 2015

Mu idi denot na banditive Risto, pamti mi go zborot.

Comment

• kompir
                            • Jan 2015

Where's the deaths and vaccination status data/table?

Comment

• kompir
                              • Jan 2015

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Ivermectin had reduced hospital admissions by 52-76%

The government of Mexico City handed out nearly 200 000 “ivermectin based kits” last year to people who had tested positive for covid-19, without telling them they were subjects in an experiment on the drug’s effectiveness.

The results of that experiment were then written up by public officials in an article placed on popular US preprint server SocArXiv.1 It became one of site’s most viewed articles, claiming that ivermectin had reduced hospital admissions by 52-76%.

But those officials have been under fire at home since SocArXiv withdrew the paper earlier this month, calling it “either very poor quality or else deliberately false and misleading.”

Opposition deputies in Mexico City’s Congress demanded hearings and said they would bring legal action against the paper’s lead author, José Merino, head of the city’s Digital Agency for Public Innovation.

Explaining the decision to withdraw the article—the first to be taken down by SocArXiv—the site’s steering committee wrote that it had responded “to a community groundswell beseeching us to act” in order “to prevent the paper from causing additional harm.”2

The committee wrote, “The paper is spreading misinformation, promoting an unproved medical treatment in the midst of a global pandemic. The paper is part of, and justification for, a government programme that unethically dispenses (or did dispense) unproven medication apparently without proper consent or appropriate ethical protections.”

In addition, the SocArXiv committee noted that “the authors did not properly disclose their conflicts of interest.” Three of the authors later appeared at a press conference with the chief of the Mexico City government, Claudia Sheinbaum, citing the article as evidence of the success of the city’s covid policy.3

One of these authors was Mexico City’s secretary of health, Olivia López Arellano, who is tasked with overseeing the city’s covid response. The city officials are political allies of Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, who has frequently flouted public health measures and played down the risk from covid.

While López Obrador is a left wing politician, the Mexico City ivermectin study was widely cited by allies of Brazil’s far right president Jair Bolsonaro, another leader who has minimised the pandemic and touted unproven cures.

In response to SocArXiv’s withdrawal of their article, Merino, López, and most of the other authors wrote to its director, Philip Cohen, urging him to resign. “We find it extremely unethical, colonialist, and authoritarian that in the absence of a serious argument, you shut a work down based on political motivations due to the current divisions in your own country,” they wrote.4

But one co-author, data analyst Saúl Caballero, wrote that he applauded and supported SocArXiv’s decision to retract the “scientifically false article,” adding, “I apologise for any potential harm done.”5

Mexico City’s government rules only the inner core of the vast conurbation, with about 9.2 million inhabitants. It has recorded 41 902 covid deaths, a higher toll than the national average. Mexico as a whole has 315 688 confirmed deaths from covid, and its excess mortality during the pandemic is 460 000.
                                Conflict of interest for a generic medicine that is impossible to make money from!

Instead, nobody is allowed to talk about the now standard modus operandi of conflicted interests in mainstream media.

There is a reason why Ivermectin is in vending machines at Mexican airports. It works. Sorry to burst your virulent bubbles.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X