X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
    We're not engaging with you in debate. No time for wasting, we need to help Macedonia protect its name.

If you consider the debate with us and our opinions as a waste of time and if you exclude us, from what supposed to be a common effort in protecting the name than I seriously don't understand the meaning of your participation on this forum.

Maybe the whole guilt doesn't lay only on your side but your arrogance in dealing the reasonable critics doesn't profess the name of the organisation you call UNITED Macedonian Diaspora.

So, if you tend continuing on with this attitude toward us why should we agree of giving the space for you on this forum at fisrt place.
    Think about the reason why have you created your account in here and than decide how we could move on further from this point.

This is a forum, the main purpose is a debate about all matters which concern us, all of us.

Pozdrav,
    Mihail
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Vote of the Board

Originally posted by Silver View Post
      Are you sure everyone at 'UMD' headquarters is in agreement before making such a bold move or are some 'dismayed' with you?

What are your objectives regarding the Interim Accord, the Ohrid Framework Agreement, and human rights for Macedonians living in the occupied territories? Do you not solicit donations and memberships from that large segment of the diaspora?

Maybe we'll hear more in 2025, after all it's one step at a time right?
      The Board voted in favor of this resolution, the Board is 9 voting members.

Re: Interim Accord - UMD outlined that in the resolution, we are urging the Macedonian government to cease ongoing UN negotiations and submit resolution to UN Security Council and General Assembly to be recognized as Republic of Macedonia.

Re: Ohrid Framework Agreement - UMD is not pleased the way this document was signed, under the international community's pressure, however, UMD will not tackle this issue at the moment, nor does it have a specific position on the issue. We know and understand everyone's concerns about this one, but UMD has set some priorities, and that priority is the protection of our name.

Re: Human rights....stay tuned, there are a whole bunch of activities UMD is planning to undertake in the next few months.

UMD solicits donations and memberships from what large segment of the Diaspora? Close to 70% of our membership and donors have heritage from the Aegean part of geographic Macedonia, if this is what you are asking.

2025? Are you confusing UMD with Macedonia 2025?
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

Mihail

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        If you consider the debate with us and our opinions as a waste of time and if you exclude us, from what supposed to be a common effort in protecting the name than I seriously don't understand the meaning of your participation on this forum.

Maybe the whole guilt doesn't lay only on your side but your arrogance in dealing the reasonable critics doesn't profess the name of the organisation you call UNITED Macedonian Diaspora.

So, if you tend continuing on with this attitude toward us why should we agree of giving the space for you on this forum at fisrt place.
        Think about the reason why have you created your account in here and than decide how we could move on further from this point.

This is a forum, the main purpose is a debate about all matters which concern us, all of us.

Pozdrav,
        Mihail
        Mihail - if you want to get involved in helping UMD in its efforts o protect the name, you are more than welcome to. Criticizing UMD on every occasion is not a common effort.

We welcome public debate, bring it on. We'll see you at the next event. Or better yet, maybe Macedonian TV should hold a public debate and bring representatives of all Diaspora organizations and we can have the viewers decide what they think.
        For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Makedonetz
          • Apr 2010

Keep up the fight....hopefully we can travel back to our homelands in Agean one day soon. Are you guys going to be in Macedonian this year in July? i would love to come to one of your information sessions while im there and listen to your ideas and plans you have for the upcoming fight.
          Makedoncite se borat
          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Meto,

The Interim Accord is much broader than the name negotiations. Its nice that UMD was finally able to muster the courage to call for an end to the negotiations (an absolute MINIMUM and fundamental policy for most organisations), however, time will tell - maybe it just seems like a good idea now, like "Democratic Republic of Macedonia" and "Repubic of Macedonia (Skopje)" seemed like a good idea in 2008.

Re the Framework Agreement, why is it that UMD supposedly does not have a position on this now when it has vehmently supported it in the past? It sounds awefully similar to Bitove's stated policies in the 90's when he toured Australia - "non-interference" in Macedonian internal affairs, in order to make capitulation easier for the Government.

Finally, it was you who stated that UMD was a "precious national resource" last year - care to now elaborate?
            Last edited by Vangelovski; 06-10-2010, 06:03 PM.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
              Sorry SOM and Vangelovski I don't share your view on trying to out someone that was choosing to remain anonymous - this a low class tactic.

If you are such a big defender of name disclosure then everyone should do it and you should not permit anonymous names to be used on the forum. You are contradicting your own values when you do so.

I will continue to call MVB9999 by the name that he chose and I suggest you do the same.
              Brandy,

My name is no secret - Tom Vangelovski - it makes me more accountable in what I say.

Further, if Branov wants to make ill-informed arguments in PUBLIC and then question other people's integrity while LYING about his own associations, then he will be responded to in PUBLIC.
              Last edited by Vangelovski; 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• iskra
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                Are you sure everyone at 'UMD' headquarters is in agreement before making such a bold move or are some 'dismayed' with you?

What are your objectives regarding the Interim Accord, the Ohrid Framework Agreement, and human rights for Macedonians living in the occupied territories? Do you not solicit donations and memberships from that large segment of the diaspora?

Maybe we'll hear more in 2025, after all it's one step at a time right?
                I would not be surprised to learn there is "dismay" at UMD headquaters. Until last week on maknews they were arguing that their policy was to keep the talks going and MVB even called the statement to end the talks issued by other organisations a "fatwa".

This is unprincipled policy on the run. Trying hard to catch up to the rest of the diaspora. A very embarrassing back flip.

Isn't this thread contraband, shouldn't it be moved into UMD's special announcements thread?
                Last edited by iskra; 06-11-2010, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

I can just imagine the tension at UMD Headquaters - it would have been akin to that experienced by the Kennedys in the White House during the Cuban missile crisis.

The power, the responsibility! Millions of lives at stake - the apocalyptic devastation that will befall the Macedonians once UMD calls for an end to the negotiations. However, I'm sure the Board Members all fell behind the President once his decision was made.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Brandy,

My name is no secret - Tom Vangelovski - it makes me more accountable in what I say.

Further, if Branov wants to make ill-informed arguments in PUBLIC and then question other people's integrity while LYING about his own associations, then he will be responded to in PUBLIC.
                    Vangelovski - aside from what you say - what do you actual do? Are you officially affiliated with any associations?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Sorry SOM and Vangelovski I don't share your view on trying to out someone that was choosing to remain anonymous - this a low class tactic.

If you are such a big defender of name disclosure then everyone should do it and you should not permit anonymous names to be used on the forum. You are contradicting your own values when you do so.

I will continue to call MVB9999 by the name that he chose and I suggest you do the same.
                      Yep, thanks for opinion. I don't think your friend was trying too hard to conceal his identity at the beginning. You seem to have forgotten that this joker pretended to be unrelated to the UMD when in actual fact he is a board member. Why lie? Why not just come out and be honest about who and what they represent, rather than pretending to be something they're not? I couldn't care what his name is and nobody is expected to reveal their personal details here, that's not the point, he is already a board member of the UMD so hardly a 'private' figure. It is like myself going to another forum by the username 'sol.of maced.' and pretending to be somebody I am not, and blatantly denying that which was obvious. And I didn't 'out' him, he practically outed himself. Perhaps next time he should fine tune his lies a little better, the charade would have lasted longer.

You're behaviour here is quite interesting. Did somebody nominate you as a 'mediator' in these discussions? Are you another UMD stooge that is pretending to be something he's not? You know, it's usually Greeks that come here and pretend to be Macedonians until they are 'outed', it's sad to see Macedonians doing the same.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

If I sign up at UMDaknews under a different identity and say things like ... "hey, the MTO looks like a really cool Macedonian forum, why is everyone calling them crazy Macedonians?" should that kind of deceit be left un-checked?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Vangelovski - aside from what you say - what do you actual do? Are you officially affiliated with any associations?
                          How about you?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Yep, thanks for opinion. I don't think your friend was trying too hard to conceal his identity at the beginning. You seem to have forgotten that this joker pretended to be unrelated to the UMD when in actual fact he is a board member. Why lie? Why not just come out and be honest about who and what they represent, rather than pretending to be something they're not? I couldn't care what his name is and nobody is expected to reveal their personal details here, that's not the point, he is already a board member of the UMD so hardly a 'private' figure. It is like myself going to another forum by the username 'sol.of maced.' and pretending to be somebody I am not, and blatantly denying that which was obvious. And I didn't 'out' him, he practically outed himself. Perhaps next time he should fine tune his lies a little better, the charade would have lasted longer.

You're behaviour here is quite interesting. Did somebody nominate you as a 'mediator' in these discussions? Are you another UMD stooge that is pretending to be something he's not? You know, it's usually Greeks that come here and pretend to be Macedonians until they are 'outed', it's sad to see Macedonians doing the same.
                            SOM - I think my point was fairly straightforward however I am not sure why when I express an opinion you make me into a stooge and a Greek. I am not a board member of UMD however I did attend the conference in Toronto last week - not sure what that exactly makes me but I am sure you will come up with a great name.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              How about you?
                              Right now I am raising a young family which at best keeps me loosely involved in a number of Macedonian organizations. When I was younger I fully participated in many well known groups along with every member of my immediate family. I also work alot and in lieu of volunteer committments I mostly just give cash.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                If I sign up at UMDaknews under a different identity and say things like ... "hey, the MTO looks like a really cool Macedonian forum, why is everyone calling them crazy Macedonians?" should that kind of deceit be left un-checked?
                                I understand Risto - point taken and thanks for not calling me a name.

Comment

Working...
                                X