X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Currency Trader
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Thanks for agreeing that they did indeed take the path of less risk.

What is there to thank for Risto. Its a reasonable conclusion that UMD choose to exclude others partly because of its own presence, its own work being done, and less risk for competition. In the end, what matters is how the survey is being received and how accurate the data will be for its intended purpose.

Comment

• Currency Trader
      • Sep 2009

Ask them and see how candid their response will be.
      I have seen others ask, and I don't expect UMD to reveal how many members they have. This could be a policy of not divulging such information. Which I could understand, and other organisations could have similar policies. So its not nessesarily a question of how "candid" they (UMD) are.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
        I have seen others ask, and I don't expect UMD to reveal how many members they have. This could be a policy of not divulging such information. Which I could understand, and other organisations could have similar policies. So its not nessesarily a question of how "candid" they (UMD) are.
        It's not that easy or convenient to bury such questions regarding UMD's membership, largely on the basis that UMD heavily promote their organization as the "largest" representative of the Macedonian diaspora.

I don't see how you can accept such claims that are used to build ones credibility, unless of course you're trying to defend that 'credibility' at all costs.

Unfortunately, its an issue about transparency or lack thereof...

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

The point is, whichever organised structure, be it governments or NGO's etc, there will be decisions made not representing 100% of the membership/non-members.

Ok, but what is the "normal Macedonian belief system"? I have never heard of this system before. You talked about this, can you expand. Besides whatever someone has advocated or not.

--
          Stop playing stupid...
          nobody expects 100% convergence of ideas between an organization and its membership...BUT what normal people deserve is that an organization represents the majority of their members views...

Perhaps UMD's membership is all for prefixes, suffixes, questionable alliances, a lack of transparency, kissing American butt, impotent press releases and delusions of grandeur...

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

CT The point is that members or non-members opinions, expectations or wishes, may not always be in-line with the work or decisions made by organisations at certain point in time. Given this reality, one should be able to judge each action taken by an organisation separately. That means some decisions may be criticized from the membership/non-members without being labeled as "contradicting characters".

1. Do you support name negotiations?
            I dont.
            Macedonia, period

2. Do you support acronyms for entry to EU and NATO
            I dont

I don't like my people used as canon fodder for yankee doodle

Nor is it in Macedonia's interests to enter the EU, countries that have gained entry into the big boys club are now faced with crippling debt to pay out Greece. That is disgusting
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

What is there to thank for Risto. Its a reasonable conclusion that UMD choose to exclude others partly because of its own presence, its own work being done, and less risk for competition. In the end, what matters is how the survey is being received and how accurate the data will be for its intended purpose.
              But c'mon CT ... surely you understand the contradiction of your two sentences above. I will say it for the 100th time. The data will not be accurate because the survey chose "to exclude others partly because of its own presence, its own work being done, and less risk for competition" using your own words.

I look forward to you continuing to be surprised with this assessment.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

The point is, whichever organised structure, be it governments or NGO's etc, there will be decisions made not representing 100% of the membership/non-members.

Ok, but what is the "normal Macedonian belief system"? I have never heard of this system before. You talked about this, can you expand. Besides whatever someone has advocated or not.
                Well done for being so objective.
                You are right, 100% of UMD's members are probably not even sure what UMD stands for much less agree with it. I tried to ask them publicly but the answer was underwhelming.

I am positive the Macedonian belief system is thoroughly aligned with the Macedonian Cause as defined in this forum. Fundamental to the cause is an opposition to changing anything about our identity, especially our name.

Here read it:
                This thread is solely devoted to our combined efforts in defining the Macedonian Cause. Please post your feedback, additions and changes in this thread. The moderators will edit this first post to include your changes until we have all agreed on a complete, perfect, unwavering and timeless definition of the Macedonian Cause. --

Let me know what exactly you disagree with. Make sure you do.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

This survey should have been done in collaboration with all the AUSTRALIAN Macedonian communities, not with an organization based in US
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Currency Trader
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                    CT The point is that members or non-members opinions, expectations or wishes, may not always be in-line with the work or decisions made by organisations at certain point in time. Given this reality, one should be able to judge each action taken by an organisation separately. That means some decisions may be criticized from the membership/non-members without being labeled as "contradicting characters".

1. Do you support name negotiations?
                    I dont.
                    Macedonia, period

2. Do you support acronyms for entry to EU and NATO
                    I dont

I don't like my people used as canon fodder for yankee doodle

Nor is it in Macedonia's interests to enter the EU, countries that have gained entry into the big boys club are now faced with crippling debt to pay out Greece. That is disgusting

1. For some time, I did support diplomacy, but not at the expense of the nationality, identity and language. However, diplomacy must be constructive, realistic and cannot go on forever. Thus, its long overdue to drop these discussions and focus on Macedonian human rights aspects, thereof my support for AMHRC campaign.

2. I support entry into EU & NATO without pre-conditions.

Those that gained entry and are now faced with crippling debt, have only themselves to blame for poor budgeting and fiscal & structural discipline. However, EU itself does have structural and enforcement problems they are now trying to shore up.

-

Comment

• Currency Trader
                      • Sep 2009

But c'mon CT ... surely you understand the contradiction of your two sentences above. I will say it for the 100th time. The data will not be accurate because the survey chose "to exclude others partly because of its own presence, its own work being done, and less risk for competition" using your own words.

I look forward to you continuing to be surprised with this assessment.
                      Which other questions on the survey do you consider to produce "inaccurate data", besides question 17 (where UMD excludes other organisations for the roadmap)?

-

Comment

• Currency Trader
                        • Sep 2009

Well done for being so objective.
                        You are right, 100% of UMD's members are probably not even sure what UMD stands for much less agree with it. I tried to ask them publicly but the answer was underwhelming.

I am positive the Macedonian belief system is thoroughly aligned with the Macedonian Cause as defined in this forum. Fundamental to the cause is an opposition to changing anything about our identity, especially our name.

Here read it:
                        This thread is solely devoted to our combined efforts in defining the Macedonian Cause. Please post your feedback, additions and changes in this thread. The moderators will edit this first post to include your changes until we have all agreed on a complete, perfect, unwavering and timeless definition of the Macedonian Cause. --

Let me know what exactly you disagree with. Make sure you do.
                        Let me get back to you on this one - its getting late here.

Rgrds

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Which other questions on the survey do you consider to produce "inaccurate data", besides question 17 (where UMD excludes other organisations for the roadmap)?
                          I have already stated the other questions were not offensive and that is why I bothered to complete the survey.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

UMD Australia

Originally posted by julie View Post
                            This survey should have been done in collaboration with all the AUSTRALIAN Macedonian communities, not with an organization based in US
                            UMD is a registered Australian organization as well. UMD is registered in Canada and the United States.
                            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                              UMD is a registered Australian organization as well. UMD is registered in Canada and the United States.
                              Does the UMD Australian Registered organisation represent the Australian Macedonian Diaspora?
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• BigMak
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                                isnt umd registered as a Charity org in Australia?

How much members do you have in Australia?

Comment

Working...
                                X